Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The London 2012 Olympic Thread

The London 2012 Olympic Thread

Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:39 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The London 2012 Olympic Thread

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Me and Tiddler just sat here with giant question marks over our heads WTF is that sport all about, he wasn't even first over the 'line' The greatest sailor ever apparently.

How on earth did the crowd see who was winning, they must have bloody good eyesight.
The sailing is based on points scored over several races, and the points are decided by position in each race, so the crowd would have known just where he needed to finish, and would know where his opponents needed to finish, these would have been die hard sailing followers who would lead the cheering, and the rest would just follow.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The sailing is based on points scored over several races, and the points are decided by position in each race, so the crowd would have known just where he needed to finish, and would know where his opponents needed to finish, these would have been die hard sailing followers who would lead the cheering, and the rest would just follow.
I'd have been hard pressed to see which boat was which to be honest.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:48 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have been hard pressed to see which boat was which to be honest.
They have a big screen showing the TV view, and they have things called binoculars..
Old Aug 6th 2012, 7:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
They have a big screen showing the TV view, and they have things called binoculars..
What are these things of which you speak? Tomfoolery, I'll be bound.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 11:39 am
Concierge

What are these things of which you speak? Tomfoolery, I'll be bound.
My lady, they are things you put in front of your eyes, they make small things look much biger, and are usually used by ladies when looking at a certain part of their husbands anatomy.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 1:41 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Australia wins a second Gold ... Good on them, it's nice to have a playmate
Old Aug 6th 2012, 2:24 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

i'm praying for Sally Pearson. she's such a nice girl.

and the only out gay male Olympian, Matt Mictham.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
i'm praying for Sally Pearson. she's such a nice girl.

and the only out gay male Olympian, Matt Mictham.
no need to pray for that, it's in the bag based on her heat. She's in a different race.

Meanwhile back to cycling King Kenney takes out Buage and his twin pillars of doom, for sprint gold.

oh yeah, blokes did something with a horse as well
Old Aug 6th 2012, 5:30 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

That's 18 gold now I think with some more very possibly still to come. Fantastic.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
That's 18 gold now I think with some more very possibly still to come. Fantastic.
I'd say we're just about ahead of 2008, as we won 19 then but there are less cycling track medals up for grabs this time
Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

3rd place in the bag for gb. 18 gold already and could get 25. Come on aussie with a bit of a push you could get up with New zealand, Kazakhstan and North Korea!!
Old Aug 6th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WestLondonWelshman
3rd place in the bag for gb. 18 gold already and could get 25. Come on aussie with a bit of a push you could get up with New zealand, Kazakhstan and North Korea!!
Depending what other nations do, top 10 could still be in sight for Oz, Diamond and Pearson will need to deliver though.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 7:13 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Apparently Yorkshire is the place to be from, I read somewhere in the cricket coverage that if Yorkshire were a country it would be 7th on the table.
Attached Thumbnails The London 2012 Olympic Thread-azotimwcqaeoirb.jpg  
Old Aug 6th 2012, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Apparently Yorkshire is the place to be from, I read somewhere in the cricket coverage that if Yorkshire were a country it would be 7th on the table.
Alastair and Jonathan Brownlee are from Yorkshire*, so stay tuned for the triathlon (11am UK time).

* apart from that and the fact that they race ITU, I quite like 'em
Old Aug 6th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Depending what other nations do, top 10 could still be in sight for Oz, Diamond and Pearson will need to deliver though.
Diamond has bombed, so Oz had better get cosy with North Korea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.