Lloyd Rayney Walks

Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice
Default Lloyd Rayney Walks

Have just heard that Lloyd Rayney has been cleared of murdering his wife. Am dumbfounded.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...7685:confused:
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:52 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lloyd Rayney Walks

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Have just heard that Lloyd Rayney has been cleared of murdering his wife. Am dumbfounded.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...7685:confused:
I haven't been following it. Is this like OJ Simpson, who got off despite it was obviously him or is there more doubt?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

The prosecution only had circumstantial evidence. No hard evidence plus he was bailed while on a murder charge, I'd have been surprised had it gone the other way.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Lots of circumstantial though. Obviously not good enough. But am convinced he did it regardless of the verdict. She was going to expose him, plenty of motive. Amazing what having people in high places can do for you eh?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Oj walked too
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Dumb question but this this big? I've not heard the name before. Google........
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Massive here in Perth, there has been nothing else in the media for the entire 3 months of the bloody trial.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Lloyd Rayney was a prosecuter here in Perth who was accused of murdering his wife in August 2007 and burying her body in King's Park. It was very big news over here.

Anyway, I figured he would be acquitted. From what I've seen of it the prosecution just didn't put on a strong enough case. The judge had no choice really but to acquit. Now, had he elected for a jury trial I think he would have been found guilty on emotional grounds. He does not come across as a particularly likable guy.

Whatever happens now it must have been very difficult for his children. Their mother was murdered and they've had the really unenviable task (as 10 and 13 year olds at the time) of not only trying to grieve for their mother but also have the police and media acuse their father of killing her. To their credit they always stood by their dad. It must also be really difficult for Corryn's family to not only lose their daughter/sister, but now her children too. And Mr Rayney's career is pretty much in the shitter. Looks like nobody's a winner here.

Just to add...I went out to grab a coffee down on Hay St at 10:00 today and had to dodge the media scrum to get past the courthouse. The verdict wasn't even being read until 11:30!

Last edited by Dorothy; Nov 1st 2012 at 9:54 am.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 10:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Lloyd Rayney was a prosecuter here in Perth who was accused of murdering his wife in August 2007 and burying her body in King's Park. It was very big news over here.

Anyway, I figured he would be acquitted. From what I've seen of it the prosecution just didn't put on a strong enough case. The judge had no choice really but to acquit. Now, had he elected for a jury trial I think he would have been found guilty on emotional grounds. He does not come across as a particularly likable guy.

Whatever happens now it must have been very difficult for his children. Their mother was murdered and they've had the really unenviable task (as 10 and 13 year olds at the time) of not only trying to grieve for their mother but also have the police and media acuse their father of killing her. To their credit they always stood by their dad. It must also be really difficult for Corryn's family to not only lose their daughter/sister, but now her children too. And Mr Rayney's career is pretty much in the shitter. Looks like nobody's a winner here.

Just to add...I went out to grab a coffee down on Hay St at 10:00 today and had to dodge the media scrum to get past the courthouse. The verdict wasn't even being read until 11:30!
Not heard anything over here but did just google. Had to google bootscooting as well Why have her family 'lost' the children?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 11:08 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Not heard anything over here but did just google. Had to google bootscooting as well Why have her family 'lost' the children?
The judge gave the police a right slagging off.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 12:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Her family are adamant that he killed her. The girls stood by their dad during the investigation and trial, and if I remember correctly they don't see their mother's family anymore.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

from the reports on the news last night, it seemed like a bit of 'taking care of the boys'.

It was a judge only trial.
He was a barrister.
He had friends in high places.

By the way- what the hell has happened to 10 news? It was so dumbed down, I thought we were watching breakfast TV. Are watchers so dumb they need to be treated like brainless idiots?
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 1:00 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Pomster
from the reports on the news last night, it seemed like a bit of 'taking care of the boys'.

It was a judge only trial.
He was a barrister.
He had friends in high places.

By the way- what the hell has happened to 10 news? It was so dumbed down, I thought we were watching breakfast TV. Are watchers so dumb they need to be treated like brainless idiots?
He opted for a trial by judge only. I think it was a very good strategic move on his, and his legal team's part. Juries tend to bring too much emotion into their deliberations where a judge will be more likely to only weigh the legal merits of a case. He's not likable, his wife was very well liked. The evidence was only circumstantial, but if you talk to just about anyone they'll say that they think he's guilty.

Yes, he has/had friends in high places, but so did she. He just had the means to get himself a brilliant legal team and the benefit of a shoddy investigation by the police.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 1:22 am
Banned

Location: Portsmouth, well I went there once, I think, and Australia
Wendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really nice

Followed it closely as my partner works in the legal field. Total lack of evidence to convict so no surprise at the result
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 2:02 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
The prosecution only had circumstantial evidence. No hard evidence plus he was bailed while on a murder charge, I'd have been surprised had it gone the other way.
Listening to a legal/forensics expert on the radio today, she said the prosecution should have pulled the pin on the case as the evidence was so weak and she didn't know what was going on in the minds of the people that bought such a weak case to court.

I not a legal expert, but I knew just from what was reported he would be found not guilty, it was all circumstantial.... The seed pods was the most intriguing, very rare seed pods found in her hair, only two trees in Perth, one in Kings Park and one in Lloyd Rayneys back garden...... uuummmmm?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.