Wikiposts

Living Together!

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:45 pm
Amelie

Default Living Together!

Snuck (is this a word?) on the computer to get 5 minutes peace! Whilst flat mate from hell (boyfriend) 'bonding' with his brother next door, (incidentally, i love his brother).

We have been over here for coming up to 3 months now, and we are loving being here and the freedom it is allowing us. HOWEVER, here goes, my complaints, LIVING TOGETHER ALL THE TIME. Previously, although we always (well, usually) stayed at each others, living together constantly is something that should be offered as a 'night class' at TAFE! Did anyone else find it this stressful? Please tell me some rotten habit that your other half had to make me feel less psychotic! For instance, this morning, they sat and watched Hi5 whilst eating breakfast, drooling over the oriental looking girl and seriously debating whether 'Nathan' was gay or not. Gabe's brother, incidentally, is a GP, and I am sure his patient's would tremble at the sight of him scratching his bollocks whilst playing Halo on the Xbox. I'm being serious.

I love my boyfriend, deeply, he is a loving guy, but jesus, untidy does not cover it. It wasn't like this before, I know he is busy with work but I like neat and tidy, and he says this is ONE of the things that he loves about me. I like everything having a 'home'! Being so far from my parents and sister has left me feeling a bit unsettled and I want to feel a bit more organised and homely, I don't know what to do, and I have no one really to bitch to in Australia. So you's lot, out there, tell me please, how bad does it get, what should I expect, how do I tackle it? Am I losing the plot? The most ironic thing is that he has taken the piss out of my sister for so long because she is so untidy.

What is the worst thing that your other half does that drives you crazy?

Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:04 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living Together!

Welcome to the world of domestic hell! It gets worse luv, let me tell ya!
I've been with my hubby for 15 years now. He only does stuff when he 'wants' to do it, not because it needs to be done!

You need to nip it in the bud now.....lay down the ground rules and make him stick to it!

Its very difficult adjusting to living together. It takes about 2 years in my opinion for things to settle down. After that its make or break! I decided to make it. I have a philosophy of house work is rather over rated!

Take now for example, he was out on the piss last night with his mates....he has just got up....he is lying on the sofa watching trash tv! He will be there for most of the day!

Men!

Hope you find a solution!

Love Jackie x
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:19 am
Amelie

Jackie, thankyou for your honesty! Although I nearly wet myself and the subsequent need for alcohol was somewhat, overwhelming

We always used to say that we would never actually live together, both love each other's company, both love each other's space, but most annoyingly, quite like being around each other all the time!

C'mon Jackie what would you do?

My sister loathes the idea of living with someone, as did I, but actually, I quite enjoy coming home to a lived in apartment, even though boxers on the floor fills me with dread!

Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amelie
Jackie, thankyou for your honesty! Although I nearly wet myself and the subsequent need for alcohol was somewhat, overwhelming

We always used to say that we would never actually live together, both love each other's company, both love each other's space, but most annoyingly, quite like being around each other all the time!

My sister loathes the idea of living with someone, as did I, but actually, I quite enjoy coming home to a lived in apartment, even though boxers on the floor fills me with dread!
Have lived with boyfriend now hubby for 20 years :scared: He can still wind me up on a daily basis with some of his revolting habits. Every now and then either I or one of our daughters calls him a minger to which he responds "should I list the things you do that I hate?"

I am obviously perfect, but

Just one of the joys of sharing your life with the one you love
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:38 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Can you set some ground rules eg.. if you cook tea, he washes up or vice versa. teach him to use the washing machine and the iron!!!

You will need to compromise here.....you cannot completey change his ways but you can make him think about them. As with you, you will have to accept some of his ways and learn to deal with it. Its really difficult. If things start to affect the relationship in a negative way then you have to consider whether living tothether is right for you. I would give it at least 12 months though before you decide for sure. Its all about give and take, believe me that is hard sometimes, but after 15 years it has worked ok for us. I do occassionally threaten to kill him and advise him not to wind me up when I have a large kitchen knife in my hand!

Try to enjoy it as much as you can, it is also good fun at the same time!
Oh and when you want a moan....you know where I am!

Jackie x
Old Mar 4th 2006, 12:53 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Can you set some ground rules eg.. if you cook tea, he washes up or vice versa. teach him to use the washing machine and the iron!!!

You will need to compromise here.....you cannot completey change his ways but you can make him think about them. As with you, you will have to accept some of his ways and learn to deal with it. Its really difficult. If things start to affect the relationship in a negative way then you have to consider whether living tothether is right for you. I would give it at least 12 months though before you decide for sure. Its all about give and take, believe me that is hard sometimes, but after 15 years it has worked ok for us. I do occassionally threaten to kill him and advise him not to wind me up when I have a large kitchen knife in my hand!

Try to enjoy it as much as you can, it is also good fun at the same time!
Oh and when you want a moan....you know where I am!

Jackie x

Def. lay down ground rules now !!!! And learn to compramise.
Get out and about by yourself, get a diff. set of friends, if you can, so you're not spending so much time together. It is hard to live with someone esp. men (they're personal habits are so much worse than us clean and tidy girls )
Hope it goes well for you
Gillian
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:00 am
Amelie

Jackie, Moneypen if you charged by the hour yo would be Sooooooooo wealthy! Your advice, invaluable!

Gabe is such a decent bloke, but this morning, well, Friday morning, towel on floor off shower, shower curtain derailed, as though it had been attacked! Boxers from nite before spread across bedroom floor, toothpaste smeared everywhere (well, stretch your imagination in my favour)! Gorgeous smile and a kiss that you would kill for, cup of tea left cooling and half eaten biscuit for me to deal with!
The inability to string a sentence together when his brother is around (whom I totally love) because they talk utter shite! I feel like a bitch now! Sorry, thats not my intention.

Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:05 am
Living the Dream!

Jackie, Moneypen if you charged by the hour yo would be Sooooooooo wealthy! Your advice, invaluable!

Gabe is such a decent bloke, but this morning, well, Friday morning, towel on floor off shower, shower curtain derailed, as though it had been attacked! Boxers from nite before spread across bedroom floor, toothpaste smeared everywhere (well, stretch your imagination in my favour)! Gorgeous smile and a kiss that you would kill for, cup of tea left cooling and half eaten biscuit for me to deal with!
The inability to string a sentence together when his brother is around (whom I totally love) because they talk utter shite! I feel like a bitch now! Sorry, thats not my intention.

know exactly where you are coming from....honest!

My pet hates are the whiskers left in the sink and toothpaste splatters up the mirror!......ooooh don't get me started now!

Jackie x
Old Mar 4th 2006, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Snuck (is this a word?) on the computer to get 5 minutes peace! Whilst flat mate from hell (boyfriend) 'bonding' with his brother next door, (incidentally, i love his brother).

We have been over here for coming up to 3 months now, and we are loving being here and the freedom it is allowing us. HOWEVER, here goes, my complaints, LIVING TOGETHER ALL THE TIME. Previously, although we always (well, usually) stayed at each others, living together constantly is something that should be offered as a 'night class' at TAFE! Did anyone else find it this stressful? Please tell me some rotten habit that your other half had to make me feel less psychotic! For instance, this morning, they sat and watched Hi5 whilst eating breakfast, drooling over the oriental looking girl and seriously debating whether 'Nathan' was gay or not. Gabe's brother, incidentally, is a GP, and I am sure his patient's would tremble at the sight of him scratching his bollocks whilst playing Halo on the Xbox. I'm being serious.

I love my boyfriend, deeply, he is a loving guy, but jesus, untidy does not cover it. It wasn't like this before, I know he is busy with work but I like neat and tidy, and he says this is ONE of the things that he loves about me. I like everything having a 'home'! Being so far from my parents and sister has left me feeling a bit unsettled and I want to feel a bit more organised and homely, I don't know what to do, and I have no one really to bitch to in Australia. So you's lot, out there, tell me please, how bad does it get, what should I expect, how do I tackle it? Am I losing the plot? The most ironic thing is that he has taken the piss out of my sister for so long because she is so untidy.

What is the worst thing that your other half does that drives you crazy?
Send him next door to live with his bro

My pet hates - magazines and newspapers in the loo - that's disgusting.
Why use hangers - floor will do.
Towels on the floor, bathroom a mess.
Continually flicking thru channels when ads are on, and insisting on hogging the remote - drives me nuts.
and my favourite - What have you been doing all day ? - cleaning your f****ng mess and lokking after house/kids/pets as well as working.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 3:01 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by Sorchar
Send him next door to live with his bro

My pet hates - magazines and newspapers in the loo - that's disgusting.
Why use hangers - floor will do.
Towels on the floor, bathroom a mess.
Continually flicking thru channels when ads are on, and insisting on hogging the remote - drives me nuts.
and my favourite - What have you been doing all day ? - cleaning your f****ng mess and lokking after house/kids/pets as well as working.

Ooh yeah...channel flicking! that really winds me up!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 3:09 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby drives me nuts yet at the same time if he's away for the night I miss him sooooo much.... I agree that it takes time and a lot of compromise on both parts. I have (not always but sometimes) tried to see things from his point of view. I got to know hubby as friends first (we met doing our nurse training) and when we had to get out of residence then we naturally got a flat together....That's when it got tough. 10 years later, less hair and a lot of compromise we're together and he still, makes my heart miss a beat!

Cheers (and Les if you're listening....I love you x)

Ginny
Old Mar 4th 2006, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby is at this minute, making tea and cleaning the kitchen

I wiil however have to do it properly later, but at least he tries

Sorry for bragging, but
Old Mar 4th 2006, 3:29 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

OOoooooooo!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:25 am
Warrington Cheshire

Need 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really nice

Channel flicking!!!!!!!! now that rings a bell - together with soccer am on sky full blast 9am-12 every saturday.

My real hate - when talking about his football team , is the need to say
eg "we did well in Europe last year" - I then ask - "who's WE??????"

Do any of us ladies need to do a f..ting and snoring poll???
angelax
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:48 am
Living the Dream!

Oh and here's a passion killer for you.....

.....we have to listen to talk sport on the radio EVERY night cos hubby can't sleep without it on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.