Wikiposts

Live Rat Trap???

Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:15 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Live Rat Trap???

Anyone in Brisbane area know where you can buy the mesh catch them live rat traps so that you can humanly transport the little dears else where knowing you have definitely caught them?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:34 pm

Default Re: Live Rat Trap???

Originally Posted by annqldau
Anyone in Brisbane area know where you can buy the mesh catch them live rat traps so that you can humanly transport the little dears else where knowing you have definitely caught them?
Rats...so am I to assume nobody knows the answer?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

mitre 10 had them in sydney, so i think they would have them here
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
mitre 10 had them in sydney, so i think they would have them here
Is that the cage type or plastic tippy type like for mice?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

A decent sized snake would do the job better....and help native wildlife
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
A decent sized snake would do the job better....and help native wildlife
Problem seems to be local snake is on strike, hence the rats...
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the cage type or plastic tippy type like for mice?
no it was the cage
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
no it was the cage
will head off in search of one at Mitre 10 tomorrow...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:21 am
Master of verbal pish©

will head off in search of one at Mitre 10 tomorrow...
give your local one a call first
Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

I hope the rats are more gullible than Manchester mice. I bought a humane trap and caught one straight away. Even baited with chocoate, which they're supposed to prefer to cheese, I never caught another. When we lived on a farm, a small border terrier soon sorted out the rats, and humanely too. One shake and they were gone.

Last edited by quercus; Jan 29th 2007 at 4:17 am.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by quercus
I hope the rats are more gullible than Manchester mice. I bought a humane trap and caught one straight away. Even baited with chocoate, which they're supposed to prefer to cheese, I never caught another. When we lived on a farm, a small border terrier soon sorted out the rats, and humanely too. One shake and they were gone.
Have caught mice in the humane one; think it was actually Soapy who recommended it so no longer have a mouse problem.

The Border terrier would be the ideal solution (strangely we just happen to have one handy) and that is who gets drove crazy by the little b@ggers every night as he watches but can't touch. Problem here is they are up trees and he's not allowed off the lead at night or he'd have them. So need the trap before said Border terrier drives us crazy barking. Doesn't bark at birds or possums just rats as he must no instinctively what he's meant to do.
Attached Thumbnails Live Rat Trap???-img_2929.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:53 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this guy Ann
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-improve-h...ayphotohosting
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:00 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

That looks good.

Originally Posted by cresta57
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:52 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

This one is the closest I could find to the multi catch trapdoor ones we used back in the U.K.
Easy to build if you have some weld mesh handy
Attached Thumbnails Live Rat Trap???-rat-trap-multi-catch.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57

Did look at that one and seemed reasonable, I like to buy of power sellers as less chance of being dodgy but at $20 may be worth a gamble.

Forgot my purse today so didn't get to Mitre 10 so will try them tomorrow and if no joy may just get that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.