Wikiposts

Little old ladies

Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Little old ladies

(NOT a whinge. An observation only)

In a shop today with only one check out open.

A very frail looking elderly lady came up, stood in the queue for -oh- 5 seconds and started shouting loudly about the lack of check outs open.

As a lass came to open another check out, the old lady moved at a speed that made Usain Bolt look like he is going for a stroll. The rest of the queue just witnessed a swirl of dust...until it came to paying when she rifled through her bags for coins.

Reminded me of my late mother. I think old ladies do this because they can get away with it.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Little old ladies

Soon I'll be able to do this....mwahahaha.
Already fumble for change as I'm so shortsighted and numb in the fingers.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

i was a bit vocal the other night in coles..... ****wits had closed ALL the tils... So I go up to the swrvice desk and ask what time they close... 9pm.... So what time do you open the tills again? Oh dear, so sorry..... Amazing thing is that there were at least a dozen people wanting to pay and NO ONE had said anything???????

Ok I wasnt vocal... But I asked and no other bugger did....
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:15 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster

In a shop today with only one check out open.

A very frail looking elderly lady came up, stood in the queue for -oh- 5 seconds and started shouting loudly about the lack of check outs open.

As a lass came to open another check out, the old lady moved at a speed that made Usain Bolt look like he is going for a stroll. The rest of the queue just witnessed a swirl of dust...until it came to paying when she rifled through her bags for coins.

Reminded me of my late mother. I think old ladies do this because they can get away with it.
You do know that the little old ladies in Australia are far worse
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:40 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

And so they should
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

The number of times I have been behind a women going up to the ticket barriers at the train station at rush hour and they have their train ticket hidden away in their handbag!

They KNOW surely that they will need that ticket to get out of the station! So why leave it until the last minute / wait until the ticket machine to go hunting through a handbag with a interior like the tardis in order to find said ticket

I have nearly rear ended a few women when walking up to a ticket machine as they have stopped suddenly in front of me due to the 'shit I haven't got my ticket ready' reaction

This isn't an old lady issue mind. This is usually a 18 - 30 problem with young girls more interested in checking the latest post on their facebook account via smartphone than getting the ticket ready.

They always 'tut' like it is the ticket barrier attendants fault as well, such an inconvenience to them.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
You do know that the little old ladies in Australia are far worse
I disagree. Old ladies in Uk are far far worse
Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jon77

This isn't an old lady issue mind. This is usually a 18 - 30 problem with young girls more interested in checking the latest post on their facebook account via smartphone than getting the ticket ready.

They always 'tut' like it is the ticket barrier attendants fault as well, such an inconvenience to them.
And what is it with people who stroll in rush hour, checking their bloody phones, while other people get caught behind them. The clue is in the name people- rush hour. Life will not cease if you do not check your IPhone every 4 minutes

(I am applying to join grumpy old women as I have a lot to add!)
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

And what is it with people who stroll in rush hour, checking their bloody phones, while other people get caught behind them. The clue is in the name people- rush hour. Life will not cease if you do not check your IPhone every 4 minutes

(I am applying to join grumpy old women as I have a lot to add!)
I normally brush past muttering 'Oh FFS' quite loudly. Well I don't say ffs obviously, that would sound wierd
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I am not the fastest walker in the world, but I get irritated by people who either meander across the pavement when you are trying to overtake, or who walk in gangs of 3 or more abreast, so that you are forced to step into the road or flatten yourself against the shop window.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I am not the fastest walker in the world, but I get irritated by people who either meander across the pavement when you are trying to overtake, or who walk in gangs of 3 or more abreast, so that you are forced to step into the road or flatten yourself against the shop window.
Herebwe go... The old Australians dont have ANY spacial awareness routine... Neither in the shopping mall nor in their cars... None of them... EVER!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by eddie007
Herebwe go... The old Australians dont have ANY spacial awareness routine... Neither in the shopping mall nor in their cars... None of them... EVER!
A lot of these are asians though- usually happens in Chatswood (known by the locals as Chatswoo, due to very high asian population). So not just an Australian thing.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A lot of these are asians though- usually happens in Chatswood (known by the locals as Chatswoo, due to very high asian population). So not just an Australian thing.
Great... So not even widening the gene pool through immigration will cure Australia of its spacial awareness issues.... I may as well pack up and go home now.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:15 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

or who walk in gangs of 3 or more abreast, so that you are forced to step into the road or flatten yourself against the shop window.
At least for me that has been a unique thing to aus. They don't seem to understand the concept of sharing the path. I used to be accommodating and move aside. It's not that i take up the path or walk down the middle but I won't give ground anymore. I've made contact a few times and the look on their faces of WHY DIDN'T GET OUT OF OUR WAY AFTER ALL WE OWN THE PATH... is funny and I just give them a **** off smile back. What's even funnier is to crash into them and just ignore them like nothing happened... They start huffing and puffing like hedgehogs.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by eddie007
Great... So not even widening the gene pool through immigration will cure Australia of its spacial awareness issues.... I may as well pack up and go home now.
On yer bike then! But stay off the path

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.