Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

List of members you wish to thank. add them here !!!

List of members you wish to thank. add them here !!!

Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List of members you wish to thank. add them here !!!

well, once I get past the oldies-but-goodies and onto the more recent mates - theres the Crestas formerly of Microbrew Mansions, now of "Chateaux Children", Michelle (mlbonner), Michaela (mcmercer), the Annqldau family, the dmf family (Mrs dmf keeps me sane at work!!), and all you mad creatures who keep me up all night, like Soapy and Bix!
Oh, and The Bloke of course....without whom I would still be in sunny Sussex!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:24 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to thank...

Pollyana - for being the first person to make me smile when we landed in oz to live....especially as I felt and looked like a badgers ar*e after the lovely long flight

Hevs - For always making me laugh & joining me in a great chat room wind up

S J Oldfield (Sandra) - for always being such a good mate & lending me her ear to bash on more than one occasion

Larissa - For being a good mate & gym buddy

Bix & Da Boss - For never failing to make me laugh

And for varying other reasons....too many to mention but their names deserve one - TWT, Hels, McMercer (Michaela), phoenixinoz, soapy, oh & Hilary... for those bloody eggs!

There's prob loads more of you who have made me laugh or given me good advice & I apologise if I haven't mentioned you, but I'm grateful to you all....sob!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I like the way this thread is going. Its good to see who helped who. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it shows new members there’s plenty of help out there. All you need to do is ask
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok if you can't beat 'em

Pollyana cos she's a star!

MrsDagboy because she nearly talked me into living Bayside and very kindly allowed me to stay in the basement for a few days.

Dagboy because he makes me laugh and he is a saint for putting up with MrsD

Wholeworldwindow and family for giving me a bed for the night.

Bix, Soapy plus many many others for making me laugh more than my pelvic floors can cope with

ABC, PR and Hevs for giving me sanctuary away from a very bizarre world

Da Boss simply because she must be a complete saint

If I have missed anyone out it's either because I can't name everyone or because maybe I don't have anything to thank you for

And last but not least

Arkon - because he has made me realise how much I love and enjoy my life and because my glass will always be at least half full.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:45 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
In order of appearance

Scossie helped me a long time ago when I joined the forum, before I used the name soapy. He used another name too, but I cant remember it ?
Bloody hell mate!
This is a bit of a surprise!
When I first started posting on the Oz immigration forum in 1998, (which became part of BE), I just used my real name, "John Lamont"....

Who were you then?
And why was I stupid enough to help you get to Oz??

Anyway.....
Good thread mate!

Made me dig around in the past a bit.

Here's the first post, (and possibly my most boring ever) that is registered on BE under my original name.
My 4 years of posting before that are sadly, (and probably just as well) lost!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27708

No replies, cos I probably sent everybody to sleep!!

On a lighter note, Here's my post the day that I got my PR visa.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126614

As I said Soapy, good thread.
You've really got me thinking, & I'll post my, "thank yous" as soon as I can remember them all...!!
If you don't want to post your old username, send me a PM, cos I won't sleep tonight unless I find out!!! (sad git that I am)...

Last edited by Scossie; Jan 9th 2006 at 11:49 am.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie

Blimey, see what you mean
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thats the problem scossie, i cant rmbr either lol. ive tried searching back as far as i can. but im at a total loss
thats the name u used when u answered me (a long time ago) so when did u change it.
i found the forum one night and was on it for hours posting, didnt save it to faves, then forgot about it for ages. i found it again one night and couldnt rmbr the name i used.
i loved your first post. the last line was one of the funniest ive seen lmao
Bloody hell mate!
This is a bit of a surprise!
When I first started posting on the Oz immigration forum in 1998, (which became part of BE), I just used my real name, "John Lamont"....

Who were you then?:
And why was I stupid enough to help you get to Oz??

Anyway.....
Good thread mate!

Made me dig around in the past a bit.

Here's the first post, (and possibly my most boring ever) that is registered on BE under my original name.
My 4 years of posting before that are sadly, (and probably just as well) lost!

On a lighter note, Here's my post the day that I got my PR visa.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126614

As I said Soapy, good thread.
You've really got me thinking, & I'll post my, "thank yous" as soon as I can remember them all...!!
If you don't want to post your old username, send me a PM, cos I won't sleep tonight unless I find out!!! (sad git that I am)...
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:56 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Blimey, see what you mean
No time for talking pish in those days MP!
I was on a mission to get to Oz ASAP...

I was also dim enough then to put my e-mail address on all my posts, & then wonder why I got so much spam?!?!?!?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

No time for talking pish in those days MP!
I was on a mission to get to Oz ASAP...

I was also dim enough then to put my e-mail address on all my posts, & then wonder why I got so much spam?!?!?!?
ill give you a laugh, one of my first posts after i found the site again.
always wondered why i got on with bix till i found this.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213856
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:08 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, We are hoping to move to Sydney in the next few months. I have a job in Randwick. Prices of rentals for a 4 bed home seem quite expensive compared with Sylvania waters. Its only 30 mins drive to work and rents a much cheaper.
Could anyone tell us if this is a good idea. Even any info on sylvania waters would be nice. Like, how many sec schools does it have and how close are they?
What we have seen of the area looks great, so any info would be great.
I would love to hear from anyone with other suggestions for areas to consider. I am lugging with me three teenagers so they must be taken into consideration.

Thanx
Soapy

Errrrrr, are you sure thats you soapy, cos I can understand what you said

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jan 9th 2006 at 12:11 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:09 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Errrrrr, are you sure thats you soapy, cos I can undertand what you said
ha ha ha yip i was a wee bit rusty in them ol' days
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:10 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Errrrrr, are you sure thats you soapy, cos I can undertand what you said
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:11 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Dagboy because he makes me laugh and he is a saint for putting up with MrsD
Very true, he should have won that thread about most long suffering spouse!

I'd like to thank him for being so wonderful & for leaving everything behind & moving half way around the world just to be with me .
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:50 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Oh my goodness gracious me Soapy and Bix.
How awfully polite you were to each other in those days, What!

I say, would any of you nice chaps like to reply to this post?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:58 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Oh my goodness gracious me Soapy and Bix.
How awfully polite you were to each other in those days, What!

I say, would any of you nice chaps like to reply to this post?
i know, i really did laugh when i read it. i think ill start hunting back and see others first post. should be a laugh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.