On Line Check in

Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Thumbs down On Line Check in

Mick has had to fly back to the UK, taking Jake with him as his brother is seriously ill.
So I am 'Home Alone' for the next 3 weeks, all over Easter and have been left to deal with the swimming pool imbeciles!!!

About 4pm last night I checked him in online, and changed both their plane seats.
We got to Perth Airport at 7pm for the 10.30pm Emirates flight and there must have been 200 people in the queue for check in.
Mick and Jake promptly joined the back.
I waited near the entrance when I noticed that next to the business and first class check in was another entrance marked "online check in'. There was not a single person standing there.
I called Mick and Jake over, they went straight to the desk and were checked in within 5 minutes!!!
All the other poor buggers were standing watching us as if to say 'who the bloodyhell are they?'

Has anyone else checked in online. Its bloody marvelous!!!
Just got to remember to check them in for the return flight!!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:29 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On Line Check in

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

Sorry to hear about the family probs, hope it all works out okay.

As to online check-in - yes - every time. Depending on the airline and whether you're a member of their frequent flyer club or not you can check-in 48 hours, three days, a week or even a month ahead of flying and bagsie your seats. Well worth it.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Sorry to hear about the family probs, hope it all works out okay.

As to online check-in - yes - every time. Depending on the airline and whether you're a member of their frequent flyer club or not you can check-in 48 hours, three days, a week or even a month ahead of flying and bagsie your seats. Well worth it.
Is this something that is open to all flights?? I am booked to fly next tueday with Emirates from Sydney.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:42 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Is this something that is open to all flights?? I am booked to fly next tueday with Emirates from Sydney.
Yep - Emirates definitely do it - just go to the airline website. My parents-in-law just arrived from the UK with Emirates and they checked in online.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Mick has had to fly back to the UK, taking Jake with him as his brother is seriously ill.
So I am 'Home Alone' for the next 3 weeks, all over Easter and have been left to deal with the swimming pool imbeciles!!!

About 4pm last night I checked him in online, and changed both their plane seats.
We got to Perth Airport at 7pm for the 10.30pm Emirates flight and there must have been 200 people in the queue for check in.
I waited near the entrance when I noticed that next to the business and first class check in was another entrance marked "online check in'. There was not a single person standing there.
I called Mick and Jake over, they went straight to the desk and were checked in within 5 minutes!!!
All the other poor buggers were standing watching us as if to say 'who the bloodyhell are they?'

Yep, we are flying Emirates next week. Must remind the missus to check in online.

Thanks
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Same today with my husband flying from ADL to PER. When we got to the airport I couldn't believe the line ups for Qantas! Then saw the online check in desk and headed straight to the front of the line. I'll never check in at the airport again.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - Emirates definitely do it - just go to the airline website. My parents-in-law just arrived from the UK with Emirates and they checked in online.
Thanks - will check this out later when I get home
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:55 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have done it a few times for local flights.
It lets you get on the plane without anybody checking your ID.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sasbear
Thanks - will check this out later when I get home
Yeah definately go for it!!!
Mind you give it another couple of months, and the queue for online check in will be longer then the normal check in!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:57 am

gedge has disabled reputation

we were all set to do this with Virgin until they told us we couldn't as we were travelling with a bub so had to go through the normal channels
but it's a good service when you can use it
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:20 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by gedge
we were all set to do this with Virgin until they told us we couldn't as we were travelling with a bub so had to go through the normal channels
but it's a good service when you can use it
Really? That's a bit off - if anyone would benefit from it, you'd have thought parents coping with a young kid would. We talking toddler or baby?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:24 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Really? That's a bit off - if anyone would benefit from it, you'd have thought parents coping with a young kid would. We talking toddler or baby?
baby.. something to do with having to organise who gets the bulk head / bassinet seats.. fair enough i suppose
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by gedge
baby.. something to do with having to organise who gets the bulk head / bassinet seats.. fair enough i suppose
Yea, suppose so, they're gold dust those seats in front of the bulk-head.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, suppose so, they're gold dust those seats in front of the bulk-head.
yup because it's great having the galley behind the bassinet with the cabin staff crashing and banging and rushing past all the time - not to mention all the random odds using that spot for standing next to you to stretch their legs
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:57 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I had 12 internal flights last year and did it for the last 8 of them (after Qantas introduced it). My trips were all short so I managed to cram anything I needed into a piece of carry on baggage which is when it is even better - go through security and then wait to board

Even with bags, there are express queues for dropping them off.

Best of all is choosing your seat. I found being new to their Frequent Flyer program I ended up at the back of the plane, near the smell of the loos and galley by default. So I changed my seat to an aisle one as near the front as possible with a good view of the tv screens (you can do it up to 24 hrs in advance and you should try and do it as soon as that window opens for the best seats). Oh, and I made sure I moved myself away from my boss-from-hell when we went together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.