Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Lincolnshire Sausages!

Lincolnshire Sausages!

Old Apr 19th 2011, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Location: Currently living in Albany, WA with my wonderful fiancee and beautiful puppy Tyson.
Rache_B will become famous soon enough
Default Lincolnshire Sausages!

Hey all!

So i have been craving all the good English food as of late and the latest thing is Laincolnshire Sausages!(These aussie beef sausages jsut DONT cut it!)
So i was wondering if anyone knows of a butchers in Perth that make them? I live in Albany but i will be coming up to Perth in a few months and im thinking of taking the engel and stocking it up!

Rachael.x
Old Apr 19th 2011, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lincolnshire Sausages!

Originally Posted by Rache_B
Hey all!

So i have been craving all the good English food as of late and the latest thing is Laincolnshire Sausages!(These aussie beef sausages jsut DONT cut it!)
So i was wondering if anyone knows of a butchers in Perth that make them? I live in Albany but i will be coming up to Perth in a few months and im thinking of taking the engel and stocking it up!

Rachael.x
OMG DONT you cruel heartless person.. A schwppestones sausage I would KILL for right now... Or one of their pork pies... Or even a haslet...

Jeez and I was doing SO well up till now
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rache_B
Hey all!

Rachael.x
Take a trip to Mondo's on Beaufort street in Inglewood - their sausages are superb and they have British varieties
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:57 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Sydney and have completely given up on Sausages... a Pommy friend of mine has told me that there are some great ones available in Perth though... sorry I don't have contact details but someone here must know I'm sure!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

The sausGes from the butchers on rocky foreshore are good, but they aint lincolnshire
Old Apr 20th 2011, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Smithfield Meat Supplies at Secret Harbour shopping centre. Lincolnshire pork sausages, made with herbs/spices brought over from the UK - they're fantastic and worth the drive. You'd have to be careful keeping them cool for the drive back to Albany. Perhaps you could ask him to cut the links and pack them into kg bags and freeze them. I bought 3 kg the last time I went down and froze them. The butcher also sells pork pies, Cumberland sausages, gammon steaks and black pudding-type of stuff. It would be great to persuade him to make haslet - the taste of that is a distant memory at the moment.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Go to Smithfield Meat Supplies at Secret Harbour shopping centre. Lincolnshire pork sausages, made with herbs/spices brought over from the UK - they're fantastic and worth the drive. You'd have to be careful keeping them cool for the drive back to Albany. Perhaps you could ask him to cut the links and pack them into kg bags and freeze them. I bought 3 kg the last time I went down and froze them. The butcher also sells pork pies, Cumberland sausages, gammon steaks and black pudding-type of stuff. It would be great to persuade him to make haslet - the taste of that is a distant memory at the moment.
i am SO nipping over to secret harbour on saturday
Old Apr 20th 2011, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger! I had given up on sausages, and now you tell me you can get them but they are the other side of the country????

I made a sausagemeat plait the other day, but it doesn't taste the same as good old british pork sausagemeat. Mainly cos it is beef!
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Location: Currently living in Albany, WA with my wonderful fiancee and beautiful puppy Tyson.

Originally Posted by eddie007
OMG DONT you cruel heartless person.. A schwppestones sausage I would KILL for right now... Or one of their pork pies... Or even a haslet...

Jeez and I was doing SO well up till now
Im sorry! I just really want some!haha
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Bugger! I had given up on sausages, and now you tell me you can get them but they are the other side of the country????

I made a sausagemeat plait the other day, but it doesn't taste the same as good old british pork sausagemeat. Mainly cos it is beef!
Beef sausages are just disgusting compared to Pork!
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Oh my goodness im so happy! Im going there!
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Just found "British Style" Cumberland sausages in Woolies, so bought a packet. Will try them out this weekend and let you know the results.....
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coles gluten free pork arent too bad....

I'm having deja vue... Havent we had this conversation before????????????
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 7:52 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Well I am currently in Lincoln UK, and enjoy Lincolnshire Sausage anytime I like but as I will be moving back to Aus later this year, am wondering whether the butcher who sells Lincolnshire Sausage in WA, will ship them across to NSW! Now the next person to go buy some, can you ask him and post his response on here - thanks !!
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
I'm in Sydney and have completely given up on Sausages... a Pommy friend of mine has told me that there are some great ones available in Perth though... sorry I don't have contact details but someone here must know I'm sure!
David Jones Bondi Westfield. Not exactly British classics but some very well made bangers with different meats and flavours. You may need a loan to afford them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.