Life Laundry......

Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life Laundry......

Originally Posted by alan and sam
this bit i am not looking forward to doing,

How do you throw away your past, your childrens past etc!!!!!
I'm not a clutter bug anyway and only keep the 'best pics and books etc' but with two (and some of you have more than two) i still have several boxes of 'stuff' (replaced that word)

Have already had a huge clear out of 'crap' and even managed to get Alan (the great horder) to get rid of some stuff!
but i find it really hard to let go of some stuff even to the point of i think throw it away and when i look it's back in the box!!!!! :scared:
I have kept that stuff coz i think i need to! (personal reasons)

How do you define what to get rid of and not?????

Sam

p.s before you start wondering why i'm clearing out having failed TRA, we've just submitted to agent 2nd TRA and hope to pass this time !!!!!!!!
ah Sam its SO difficult. Just spoken to sister, she would like to keep some of the boys baby things and school work. She suggested doing them some nice boxes or books with their 'better efforts' in it.

Also got rid of a lot of wedding photo's My sister really thinks we've flipped!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:22 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
ah Sam its SO difficult. Just spoken to sister, she would like to keep some of the boys baby things and school work. She suggested doing them some nice boxes or books with their 'better efforts' in it.

Also got rid of a lot of wedding photo's My sister really thinks we've flipped!

i suppose that depends on who's wedding!!!!!!
If it was pics of my first i think alan would throw them!!!!
mind you that's if he got them first if not it would be me
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
i suppose that depends on who's wedding!!!!!!
If it was pics of my first i think alan would throw them!!!!
mind you that's if he got them first if not it would be me
I've got an excuse now for another wedding! Hamilton island anyone?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 10:23 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

well, we have a skip and intend to fill it! We did some life laundry during the summer and found it quite difficult. Tonight, we are going to do some more. 31 yrs of my life needs to be gone through, filed (and in some cases shredded ) I find it really tough. What sort of things do you hold onto? We have stacks of kids photo's and school work, none of which see the light of day so why pack them into a container and take them 12,000 miles to sit in another attic for another 30 yrs?

Hubby has more of a heart than me and says its all precious stuff, stuff that cannot be replaced or 'redone' . He feels we should file it all properly and pack it away for when the kids are older. (he doesn't know I threw away the boys first baby grows last week )

This moving stuff is very emotional.
This where I think I'm really wierd, I don't give a flying **** about stuff, it will take me 5 mins to empty my hoose and go

I am wierd aren't I
Old Dec 12th 2005, 11:27 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are all taking containers over anyway, I really dont see why any of are chucking out sentimental stuff. I still bought 4 boxes of baby clothes, kids pictures and old letters etc etc all stuff that had been in the loft but stuff that bought a smile to my face getting it out of the loft and will no doubt do the same again one day in years to come, and it's also stuff that I will give to my children when they are grown up with their own families, I even bought my 14yr old daughters first play pushchair so that she can give it to her daughter or grandchild one day.
The stuff I am ruthless about is ornaments pictures and linen etc, if I dont love it then I chuck it but books and kids stuff I just cant chuck. And there is nearly always room in a container to squeeze a few more boxes.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

It's well worth decluttering, painful though it can be, as Aussie houses have a lot less storage. Back in the UK we had converted our loft, but here we have a semi open garage, you wouldn't want to store anything precious in there- all the bugs love cardboard and paper! Aussie houses also seem a lot less cluttered and my mates here are all really tidy :scared: I've tried to get into good habits but its hard changing 30 years of being a clutter bug, I should have got rid of more of it before I came but the baby stuff is going to come in handy.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:38 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

we are talking about your attic aren't we possoms?
Yep and the little blighters have a thing about runnning up and down at 5.30 in the morning

thing is we've been up there and cant see jack schitt?? but they are there!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
Yep and the little blighters have a thing about runnning up and down at 5.30 in the morning

thing is we've been up there and cant see jack schitt?? but they are there!!
I'd get dereck Acorah up in your attic, sounds spooky to me! :scared:
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
This where I think I'm really wierd, I don't give a flying **** about stuff, it will take me 5 mins to empty my hoose and go

I am wierd aren't I
I'm with you, not taking anything (except the kids)
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:33 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd get dereck Acorah up in your attic, sounds spooky to me! :scared:
LOL Nah its critters I hope :scared: