Life Laundry......

Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Life Laundry......

well, we have a skip and intend to fill it! We did some life laundry during the summer and found it quite difficult. Tonight, we are going to do some more. 31 yrs of my life needs to be gone through, filed (and in some cases shredded ) I find it really tough. What sort of things do you hold onto? We have stacks of kids photo's and school work, none of which see the light of day so why pack them into a container and take them 12,000 miles to sit in another attic for another 30 yrs?

Hubby has more of a heart than me and says its all precious stuff, stuff that cannot be replaced or 'redone' . He feels we should file it all properly and pack it away for when the kids are older. (he doesn't know I threw away the boys first baby grows last week )

This moving stuff is very emotional.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:29 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life Laundry......

Originally Posted by glittababe
well, we have a skip and intend to fill it! We did some life laundry during the summer and found it quite difficult. Tonight, we are going to do some more. 31 yrs of my life needs to be gone through, filed (and in some cases shredded ) I find it really tough. What sort of things do you hold onto? We have stacks of kids photo's and school work, none of which see the light of day so why pack them into a container and take them 12,000 miles to sit in another attic for another 30 yrs?

Hubby has more of a heart than me and says its all precious stuff, stuff that cannot be replaced or 'redone' . He feels we should file it all properly and pack it away for when the kids are older. (he doesn't know I threw away the boys first baby grows last week )

I did it all when i sold my house to move in with col, still kept my old photos and a box of 45 records!! never look or use any but how can you just chuck them they are what you are.

when i'm old and grey i will look at my pics and listen to t-rex and the specials
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
I did it all when i sold my house to move in with col, still kept my old photos and a box of 45 records!! never look or use any but how can you just chuck them they are what you are.

when i'm old and grey i will look at my pics and listen to t-rex and the specials
I haven't got a clue who t-rex is/are (i thought they were dinosaurs)! Ah hold on, did they sing 'tiger feet?' in the 70's?

My wedding dress has gone to my sisters, and I'll spread some of the baby photo's out amongst family. What did you do with love letters etc? I've shredded quite a few of them as, quite frankly, they were SO nauseating I'm surprised i married the man!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:38 pm

I haven't got a clue who t-rex is/are (i thought they were dinosaurs)! Ah hold on, did they sing 'tiger feet?' in the 70's?

My wedding dress has gone to my sisters, and I'll spread some of the baby photo's out amongst family. What did you do with love letters etc? I've shredded quite a few of them as, quite frankly, they were SO nauseating I'm surprised i married the man!
TIGER FEET BLOODY TIGET FEET :scared: no they did not, that was MUD.

T-REX Telegram Sam, Ride a white swan etc the lovely Marc Bolan
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

TIGER FEET BLOODY TIGET FEET :scared: no they did not, that was MUD.

T-REX Telegram Sam, Ride a white swan etc the lovely Marc Bolan
lol well i was only a wee small nipper back in the MUD days Now Marc Bolan sounds familiar ????
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:44 pm

lol well i was only a wee small nipper back in the MUD days Now Marc Bolan sounds familiar ????

well you've been there before havent you mate? so you should now what to take etc, personally I want my stuff around me I'm taking all my possessions
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

well you've been there before havent you mate? so you should now what to take etc, personally I want my stuff around me I'm taking all my possessions
most of my friends have said it helped them settle, having their bits and bobs around them. something familiar. I shall see what else is lurking up in the attic??? possibly some old boyfriends!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Life Laundry......

Hi there i dont throw anything away either last year i bought a photo album and my hubby had it bound in leather by a mate of his and put our sons name on the front and this your life, i still had the name tag from the cot in the hospital and school reports baby photos and his engagement photos hubby thinks I'm soft but i sent it to oz and he thinks its great,Janet
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

I think its really hard as well. At first i kept babys first shoes, babygros and bibs but when we decided to start the process for oz i gave everything away to a friend who was expecting. I even went through the photos and reduced them to half. I kept the babygro that he first wore out of the hospital so I only have to get rid of the pram now but i think i will wait till i have the visa in my passport and then sell it on. But we have much better things to look forward to. Good luck
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:42 pm

I shall see what else is lurking up in the attic??? possibly some old boyfriends!
LOL better than me then we've just got a family of mice up there, though they sound more like a herd of Buffalo
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel17796
I think its really hard as well. At first i kept babys first shoes, babygros and bibs but when we decided to start the process for oz i gave everything away to a friend who was expecting. I even went through the photos and reduced them to half. I kept the babygro that he first wore out of the hospital so I only have to get rid of the pram now but i think i will wait till i have the visa in my passport and then sell it on. But we have much better things to look forward to. Good luck
I've gone through all my photos and put at least one, and sometimes more, from each film into an album. If it's not a good photo, or doesn't evoke memories that aren't invoked by another photo that's better, then out it goes.

All my uni and school notes went, but the stuff from when I was at school in India stayed - much more emotional attachment.

Basically, if it hurt to throw it out, or if it made me cry or laugh to look at it, it stayed. Anything else, binned.

Actually felt incredibly liberating. As I sit now surrounded by the final boxes, I almost wish I'd thrown out more. But best not to regret it later, I think.

Tough thing to do though. Good luck. Have some karma!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thribble
Tough thing to do though. Good luck. Have some karma!
Or don't. I have to spread it around a bit, apparantly. Haven't spread anything around in a while!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:03 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel17796
I have a huge box full of stuff from when Harry was born. Babygrows, shoes, photos, scan pic, newpaper, cards and even the clip from the umbilical cord, I dont think I could bring myself to give or chuck any of it away. I need little things like that.

I have been ruthless with the books I have read and am unlikely to read again. Feels strange giving books away, but strangely libertating getting rid of the clutter
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:53 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I have a huge box full of stuff from when Harry was born. Babygrows, shoes, photos, scan pic, newpaper, cards and even the clip from the umbilical cord, I dont think I could bring myself to give or chuck any of it away. I need little things like that.

I have been ruthless with the books I have read and am unlikely to read again. Feels strange giving books away, but strangely libertating getting rid of the clutter

this bit i am not looking forward to doing,

How do you throw away your past, your childrens past etc!!!!!
I'm not a clutter bug anyway and only keep the 'best pics and books etc' but with two (and some of you have more than two) i still have several boxes of 'stuff' (replaced that word)

Have already had a huge clear out of 'crap' and even managed to get Alan (the great horder) to get rid of some stuff!
but i find it really hard to let go of some stuff even to the point of i think throw it away and when i look it's back in the box!!!!! :scared:
I have kept that stuff coz i think i need to! (personal reasons)

How do you define what to get rid of and not?????

Sam

p.s before you start wondering why i'm clearing out having failed TRA, we've just submitted to agent 2nd TRA and hope to pass this time !!!!!!!!
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL better than me then we've just got a family of mice up there, though they sound more like a herd of Buffalo
we are talking about your attic aren't we possoms?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.