Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Licence to Fart. Am I missing something.

Wikiposts

Licence to Fart. Am I missing something.

Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Licence to Fart. Am I missing something.

[QUOTE=wargod]I think you are being missled.

Before you can get your licence you need to have your skill (in this case farting) assesed.

any advice on agents who deal with these licences...!!!! think ill need their help as living alone cant judge my own skills in this area (trumpeting...cant say the f***ing word...im a lady!!)

Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know that under queensland law (don't know about the states) farting near to someone actually constitutes assault!
Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

We'll be seeing the Bottom Inspectors on the streets next.

Old Jun 8th 2006, 6:22 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Licence to Fart. Am I missing something.

Originally Posted by steve`o
Laws and Rules

'What diminishes criminality is the certainty of the punishment and not the size of it'

The phrase above couldn't express better the way Law works in Australia. Here you can be sure that any crime's author will have the punishment that deserves. Those who come to Australia for a short period may not take note of this process, but with time, you will see the number of rules and laws that govern our lives, day after day. In my opinion, they are excessive but necessary to keep the order and protect people. One day, I was with an American, a New Zealander and a Brazilian joking about each one's lives in each respective country. After gallons of beer, we came to a conclusion that USA is the "cannot country", New Zealand is the " I am sorry but it's not allowed", Brazil is " Everything is possible", and Australia is " No way".

Jokes aside, we all know that laws are absolutely necessary for the maintenance of any society and its' development. In Australia, you can say that "The Law Is the Law", independent of social status or the amount of money a person has in the bank. Police are very well trained and equipped, with top class and respectful professionals, men and women. Justice is fast with prosecutions swift also.

But, there is a problem on the way called Civil Liability. It is destroying Australia in innovation and happiness. Because of the high price of insurance premiums to cover liability from anyone, Doctors are going out of business, tours operators are shutting down their risky operations, and even Councils are taking parks out of children playgrounds. It is sad but it is true. Four million dollars was given to a person who hit his head on a sand bar in Bondi beach (Sydney) between the life saving flags. These guys who protect your life were cited as irresponsible and ordered to pay absurd compensation. Not to go too deeply into it all, I recommend a movie called " The Man who prosecuted God". It explains exactly what is happening with the liability situation in Australia. Why don't they just copy New Zealand? which has a governmental controlled compensation system, simply the best in the world.

You Can't : No, No, No!!!

Smoking in any place that is not outdoors. A few work places allow you to smoke in the office, and some areas inside pubs. No way, inside a Taxi, Bus, Shopping Centres, Airports, Food Courts, etc... etc...

No drinking alcohol in public areas such as parks, beaches etc.. But you can drink inside your home, in a licensed restaurant or in a pub. Drink driving is a very serious offence, and the limit is about 2 cans of beer, or 1 glass of wine or half a glass of spirit. Fines starts at AU$ 75 for public places and go into there thousands for drinkdriving. For this last one, you will have to go to Court. To buy alcohol and tobacco you need to be 18.

It's obvious but.., you can not sell or produce illegal drugs. The consumption is tolerated but reprehended, in case of foreigners it can lead to jail and deportation.

You can't sell anything on the streets including to other business without a license. For example, you can't catch a beautiful fish and sell it to a restaurant, or produce food in your home to sell to the general public. There are heavy fines to do so. Anything you plan to sell will require a license, except in markets or garage sales.

Riding your bicycle without a helmet and driving a car without seat belts attracts AU$ 110 fine. Bicycles are considered vehicles in Australia, and car drivers are expected to consider you as another vehicle and give space to you. (they don't do it very much) . You must also signal with your arms when turning right or left and stop at intersections and signals just like a car does. Bicycles are not allowed on motorways or high speed freeways. In the big cities there are exclusive bike lanes for you to ride.

It is prohibited by law to work in Australia with a Tourist Visa.

Not to pay your fines, may lead to bigger and bigger fines, and confiscation of your assets to cover it in case you don't have money, or even prison. If you leave Australia and leave unpaid fines, when you return in the far future you may have a very big surprise - if they let you return!

Working without the correct visa may lead to prison and deportation. Student visas holders can apply for a permit for part time work (20 hours per week) Also, there are holiday working visas, which give permission for some countries who have agreements with Australia to work for a certain period in Australia. Overstaying your visa in Australia may bring fines or deportation. If you intend to extend your stay in Australia, you must visit an Immigration office before your visa expires.

For the ones who love to fight, know that touching a person without consent is considered invasion of privacy and physical aggression that can lead to prosecution. It means it is not necessary to break the other person in half, just by touching them is already an offence. You can shout, scream, throw things on the ground or fart, but if you verbally offend or punch a person you are in trouble. Courts solve these cases in a flash usually with fines to the aggressor.

Getting rid of trash, or throwing anything on the streets including cigarette buts, calls for a AU$ 75 fine.

Racial, Religious and discriminatory matters, are passive of prosecution and even jail. Also, when you plan to photograph someone you don't know, ask their permission before do so. Supplying phone numbers and addresses without a persons' consent can also lead to prosecution by breach of the privacy act. Sex, colour age and race, are a no no field for discrimination, with the same consequences as above.

Pedestrian Crossings aren't there only to make the street look more beautiful or to decorate the street. Wherever there is a ped crossing without pedestrian lights to help you cross the road, you must stop and wait until a person finishes crossing. In case of intersections with traffic lights, you have to follow the lights. Also, other indication signs on parks, beaches, and streets govern the rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, we can't place all Australian legislation on a page, but these are the most frequently asked questions about Australian Rules and Laws. Hopefully you will obey the law
Great copy-paste there. Most of what he says is correct, but one or two points require clarification.

This part...

Drink driving is a very serious offence, and the limit is about 2 cans of beer, or 1 glass of wine or half a glass of spirit
...is rather misleading.

The legal limit in Australia is .05 - which is identical to the UK. So Brits will notice no difference in that regard.

Bottom line is that you can drink as much as you like - all night, if you're capable! - provided that you don't go above the .05 limit.

The rest of it could be applied equally to the UK and most other Western industrialised nations, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jun 8th 2006 at 6:26 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 6:32 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>> The rest of it could be applied equally to the UK and most other Western industrialised nations, so I don't see what the big deal is. <<

I agree - these sorts of regulations are pretty universal in Western societies. Not sure about farting in QLD lifts though....
Old Jun 8th 2006, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
The legal limit in Australia is .05 - which is identical to the UK. So Brits will notice no difference in that regard.
The UK the limit is 80mg per 100 millilitres of blood which I think is the same as .08
Old Jun 8th 2006, 6:53 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
The UK the limit is 80mg per 100 millilitres of blood which I think is the same as .08
what ????? for fartin'
Old Jun 8th 2006, 6:53 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Licence to Fart. Am I missing something.

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Ooops, my mistake!

Then it should be changed to .05.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:18 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

What happens if you fart and it sort of comes out in a violent ringpiece explosion and a severe faecal attack of following through?

Do licences cover such events? Would there be insurance claims allowed for the browning of trouser?

Because it is possible to follow through you know, the ringer is not infallible.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:29 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
What happens if you fart and it sort of comes out in a violent ringpiece explosion and a severe faecal attack of following through?

Do licences cover such events? Would there be insurance claims allowed for the browning of trouser?

Because it is possible to follow through you know, the ringer is not infallible.
I respectfully refer you to my previous reply:

"If you can back these reports up with photos, and or videos (with sound) then this could speed the assesment up. (word of caution 'follow throughs' are looked upon in a dim light!)"
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:35 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
I respectfully refer you to my previous reply:

"If you can back these reports up with photos, and or videos (with sound) then this could speed the assesment up. (word of caution 'follow throughs' are looked upon in a dim light!)"

Well it would be a dim light. Because on ring piece dilation, it would be a total eclipse.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:43 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Well it would be a dim light. Because on ring piece dilation, it would be a total eclipse.
Nah not convinced I think partial eclipse
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by wargod
Nah not convinced I think partial eclipse

Here is a poem dedicated to the trumpeters group.

You must not fart and make a smell
For if you do you'll go to hell

Dont let your botty part with poo
Or follow through on Davids shoe

Take your bum to the porcelain pot
Be gentle on your lily white bot

Farting is bad and can cause offence
Following through makes the ring piece tense

So fart in private and dont you gloat
When you make the smell of a rotting old goat

Its not big and its not such fun
To see the browning coming out of your bum

A licence to fart to control your ass
And protect other people from noxious gas.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a poem dedicated to the trumpeters group.

You must not fart and make a smell
For if you do you'll go to hell

Dont let your botty part with poo
Or follow through on Davids shoe

Take your bum to the porcelain pot
Be gentle on your lily white bot

Farting is bad and can cause offence
Following through makes the ring piece tense

So fart in private and dont you gloat
When you make the smell of a rotting old goat

Its not big and its not such fun
To see the browning coming out of your bum

A licence to fart to control your ass
And protect other people from noxious gas.

That is fantastic i just cant stop laughing, that deserves some karma
Mandy
Old Jun 8th 2006, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
That is fantastic i just cant stop laughing, that deserves some karma
Mandy

There could be more poems.

I can feel it in my bot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.