Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Letting your UK house to a company / corporate Let

Letting your UK house to a company / corporate Let

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Letting your UK house to a company / corporate Let

Hi all,

We are discussing if letting our house to a company would be a better idea than trying to sell at the moment. The advantages being that the company pays for a lease for 1-3 years and you have a guaranteed income and I think they are also reponsible for maintenance etc.

I have done a search on BE and not found any threads on this subject, (could just be me not doing it properly though...) Does anyone have any experience of doing this? I have had some info from another poster - thanks, but don't really know where to start investigating this...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Letting your UK house to a company / corporate Let

Hi

sorry cant help u with any info but is sounds a gr8 idea. we too are letting ours out. i did read about this on one of the threads to do with renting maybe in the immigration threads.

Diane
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by posh10
Hi

sorry cant help u with any info but is sounds a gr8 idea. we too are letting ours out. i did read about this on one of the threads to do with renting maybe in the immigration threads.

Diane
Thanks Diane - I'll go and have a look -it could have been me who mentioned it on the other thread though??

Our house isn't great for conventional rentals, we'd probably end up with it empty half the time, so this seemed to be the answer.

This afternoon I'll do a search online, but I can't really do much until Tuesday when everyone is back at work.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

no it was a thread where some one had already done it with a company, just cant remember who and where as so many but i did a search on renting and i;m sure thats how i got it.

good luck

D x
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:54 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.html?f=16

Hello, sign up here, ask the question, i bet someone will have gone through the process on this website, fiull of good info.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brendarover
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.html?f=16

Hello, sign up here, ask the question, i bet someone will have gone through the process on this website, fiull of good info.
Thanks, I've registered and posted a question as I couldn't find anything in search on there either.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:33 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks, I've registered and posted a question as I couldn't find anything in search on there either.
Well Mrs Flyaway,

I would find it very difficult to leave a property of such splendor; me, well i think i would stay put. Australia is nice, but not many could afford the place you have there?

I am surprised you have not shifted it, if that is the right price, i mean competitive relative to similar property's in the area, and i know the market is slow, but moreso in the lower end? But marketed properly i would have thought it would have sold?

Maybe get in touch with HR at some of the local big businessess, are Airbus around there, or someone similar, they may help you out?

Anyway good luck, try these, they might know someone?

The Corporate Letting Company

62 Sheen Road
Richmond
Surrey TW9 1UF
Tel: 020 8948 0444

[email protected]

The team at the corporate letting company, through their extensive experience, local knowledge and dedication will endeavour to make the process of renting or letting a property as straightforward as possible.

From our office close to Richmond tube and railway station, we cover the following areas:

Richmond
St Margarets
Twickenham
Strawberry Hill
Teddington
Ham
Petersham
Barnes
Sheen
Kew
As well as residential lettings and property management, we are always pleased to offer impartial advice, should you be considering purchasing a property to let out.

Last edited by brendarover; Mar 22nd 2008 at 5:41 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brendarover
Well Mrs Flyaway,

I would find it very difficult to leave a property of such splendor; me, well i think i would stay put. Australia is nice, but not many could afford the place you have there?

I am surprised you have not shifted it, if that is the right price, i mean competitive relative to similar property's in the area, and i know the market is slow, but moreso in the lower end? But marketed properly i would have thought it would have sold?

Maybe get in touch with HR at some of the local big businessess, are Airbus around there, or someone similar, they may help you out?

Anyway good luck, try these, they might know someone?

62 Sheen Road
Richmond
Surrey TW9 1UF
Tel: 020 8948 0444

[email protected]

The team at the corporate letting company, through their extensive experience, local knowledge and dedication will endeavour to make the process of renting or letting a property as straightforward as possible.

From our office close to Richmond tube and railway station, we cover the following areas:

Richmond
St Margarets
Twickenham
Strawberry Hill
Teddington
Ham
Petersham
Barnes
Sheen
Kew
As well as residential lettings and property management, we are always pleased to offer impartial advice, should you be considering purchasing a property to let out.
LOL, do you want to buy it??

There are lovely houses in Oz too...

Sadly, we sold it subject to contract last year and the buyers pulled out when they found out the market was dropping. Since then we have had numerous offers from people who have to sell their own properties and can't as the market around here is dead. We have reduced the price by £95K and are the cheapest detached house for sale on our road and fab value for money... Just changed agents - so hopefully this lot will be a bit more pro-active. The land itself is worth the price as building land, the house is just an extra!

The problem is, if we we move, we will not be able to afford the mortgage on Aussie wages, so need to rent it out. Can't really see getting many tenants as the rent would be high too and what tenant is going to do the maintenance...

Thanks for the tips re corporate letting - it is something we have zero experience of and are floundering about a bit. I'll give those people a call on Tuesday and see what they say.

I might go through the phone book and call all the big companies too, just to see if they are interested.

Just hoping that we can get a buyer though.....
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya,

just out on interest did u get any joy out the corporporate lettings ?? also try the nhs hospitals. see how u get onthere