Wikiposts

Letters to Santa

Old Nov 24th 2008, 12:32 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of
Default Re: Letters to Santa

Finland is the 'official' home of Father Christmas/Santa....
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

As Christmas seems to be establishing itself as a topic of conversation and hopefully before the season of goodwill gets derailed I though I'd resurrect this thread to remind peeps with kids that they can send letters to Santa.

Last year we sent letters to Aussie Santa and Canuck Santa. Obviously Aussie Santa is cheaper but you only get a form letter whereas Canadian Santa sends a form letter with some handwritten personalisation. They also seem to have several form letters.

Also, I thought I'd remind peeps that Auspost lowers the cost of sending cards just before Christmas (from the 1st I think).

Merry Christmas to you all.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas to you too ML!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what HO does with them, but if we get missorted ones in Victoria they go orf to Dandenong where they disappear in a huge machine.

We have a bit of fun with those musical cards though, some of them malfunction, in fact quite a few. They may not be loud, but after a while four or five...White Christmases or First Noel's playing endlessly in the background can really get to you, a bit like a voice in your head.... We tend to try and find a Postal Worker who is more annoyed by them than usual and sellotape them under their chairs or the back of their frames... then slowly watch them go mad as they go hunting for the noise thats "doing their head in"

Probably the only bright part of the Juggernaut and Onslaught that Xmas brings us Postal Workers.

So if you've ever received a musical card thats broken and looks like it's been stamped on a dozen times then you know whats happened.

Signed.

About to be overwhelmed of Preston

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 17th 2009 at 10:47 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 11:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The letters from the Canadian address are hand written by volunteers. Mostly postal workers. In America postal workers go insane and kill people. In Canada they have delusions of being Santa.

Anyway, the address for Santa is...

Santa Claus
North Pole
Canada
H0H 0H0 (Those are zeros, not Os)
Old Nov 18th 2009, 12:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine never wrote to Father Christmas but then they never wrote christmas lists either. I think they got to about 10 and a friend was round who asked for the Argos catalogue. I handed it over and my girls were gob smacked to see the child writing down everything she saw in the catalogue that she liked.

After she'd gone, I binned the catalogue, wasn't starting that nonsense Told them that as I knew everything, I already knew what they wanted so didn't need a list. Our Father Christmas never bought proper pressies anyway, he just did the silly bits and pieces in the stocking as he obviously has way too many children to get stuff for, there was no way he could afford to do all the big stuff. It also ensured that it was me and the Husband who got thanked for the presents, not some random bloke they never saw. Credit where it should be due in this house
Old Nov 20th 2009, 1:45 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Mine never wrote to Father Christmas but then they never wrote christmas lists either. I think they got to about 10 and a friend was round who asked for the Argos catalogue. I handed it over and my girls were gob smacked to see the child writing down everything she saw in the catalogue that she liked.

After she'd gone, I binned the catalogue, wasn't starting that nonsense Told them that as I knew everything, I already knew what they wanted so didn't need a list. Our Father Christmas never bought proper pressies anyway, he just did the silly bits and pieces in the stocking as he obviously has way too many children to get stuff for, there was no way he could afford to do all the big stuff. It also ensured that it was me and the Husband who got thanked for the presents, not some random bloke they never saw. Credit where it should be due in this house
My ex sis in law did the Argos thing... got to the point that the kids were told to write down the argos reference number, description and page number on the wish list in the letter... then the whooo-arrhh just scowled at us all when we didn't buy the "designated gift" she had hand picked for us.. depending on the price.. 30 quid price gift for my mother.. 20 quid gift from me....

Stupid cow... thank god he divorced her!

Em x
Old Nov 20th 2009, 5:53 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Just to remind those folks with kids that Auspost has a special service for sending letters to Santa.

More details here http://www.auspost.com.au/EDP/0,1398...7EMO19,00.html

If you have more than 1 kid then you may have to explain that Santa uses form letters for replies as he's very busy at this time of year
I have 4 :O but one of them can't read
Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JenJen
I have 4 :O but one of them can't read
I have 4 as well.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

I have 4 as well.
Do you have match sticks holding up your eyelids too ???
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:03 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Our Father Christmas never bought proper pressies anyway, he just did the silly bits and pieces in the stocking as he obviously has way too many children to get stuff for, there was no way he could afford to do all the big stuff. It also ensured that it was me and the Husband who got thanked for the presents, not some random bloke they never saw. Credit where it should be due in this house
Totally and utterly agree and we do exactly the same!
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I have 4 as well.
In hindsight none would have been sufficent!! One would have been sensible. Two was a silly "awwww, but they'll be playmates for each other" dream. Three was just sheer stupidity. I have no idea what you call 4.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 3:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hevs
In hindsight none would have been sufficent!! One would have been sensible. Two was a silly "awwww, but they'll be playmates for each other" dream. Three was just sheer stupidity. I have no idea what you call 4.
Suicide?
Old Nov 21st 2009, 8:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hevs
A gaggle.

When it comes to family tickets the fourth child is usually called an "extra"
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:20 pm
High in the Dandenongs

@ Martin and Jen Jen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.