Let's Talk Cricket

Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:29 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Let's Talk Cricket

Funny enough all the guys I work with were talking about cricket this morning, all of em however begrudgingly, said they were surprised how well England played which they did.

They were all gobsmacked though that none of England's top cricket grounds have lights, it is pretty crap to have any major sporting event ruined due to something like 'bad light', maybe now the dreaded Murdoch has got his hands on international cricket in the UK they can nip down to IKEA for a few dozen desklamps and some 50p's for the meter. I'm sure Sky won't be happy paying for a game that they can't move to evenings/nights to fit in round the 90 channels of soccer tripe they currently have.

Anyway at least next time round the Ashes will be over here so there will be no escape cause a cloud has wandered over the grounds, in fact having been to the MCG under lights I think sunblock is probably needed lol.

And will make it all the sweeter to see the Baggy Greens take the Ashes back as I'll hopefully have citizenship by then

Anyway well done England, enjoy it whilst you can.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

It was the perfect result - now us Expats get to see the Aussies try and win it back from the Poms in their own back yard next year

SS
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:43 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Put this on your desktop at work!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/4162342.stm
Old Sep 13th 2005, 7:51 am
Banned

Astro will become famous soon enoughAstro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BKate
His head won't fit on my screen.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Kylie Minogue, Danny Minogue, Crocodile Dundee, Dame Edna Everage, Mel Gibson, etc, etc, etc,..............Ricky Ponting !!
You're boys have just took one hell of a beating !
We can really come over in January on holiday without getting ribbed over the ashes.............THANKS VERY MUCH ENGLAND !!!..

A Very Very Pleased
Pazza
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:02 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to see an aussie (if you're a real one that is, and not another one of FuzzyDuck/Megalamania's troll alter-egos) being such a piss-poor bad loser, especially since this test series has been a great example of sportsmanship. I'm sure England would be happy to have seen extra time added to the Old Trafford test - if it had we'd have won the series 3-1 instead. Oh ... and 99% of the English public would probably have voted in favour of that one.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:12 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Astro
His head won't fit on my screen.
It probably does its just your mullet's blocking your view
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Next time you play in Oz, if one of your star players is announced to be injured, I doubt the oz public would be cheering like bad sports. Oh and I doubt English players will get death threats like the aussie players did.
I bet they would. This is Aussie type behaviour. Extra time for bad weather?, bollox!. How many times have Aussie been saved by the weather. It can work both ways. Aussies are bad losers. Period. As a Saffa I'm neutral in this, but I detest Aussie cricket & England totally deserve this although Pietersen should be playing for us!.

Well done England. I bet it must be great to be in Aussie today & I hope the Saffas done there are winding the Aussies up!.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:33 am
Banned

Astro will become famous soon enoughAstro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I bet they would. This is Aussie type behaviour. Extra time for bad weather?, bollox!. How many times have Aussie been saved by the weather. It can work both ways. Aussies are bad losers. Period. As a Saffa I'm neutral in this, but I detest Aussie cricket & England totally deserve this although Pietersen should be playing for us!.

Well done England. I bet it must be great to be in Aussie today & I hope the Saffas done there are winding the Aussies up!.

Maybe Australia can be given a fair go now. Tall poppy syndrome isn't nice.

And btw, Pietersen isn't a bad player, probably one of Englands best ...But damn, that boy needs to learn how to catch. I've seen aussie kids take harder catches.

Last edited by Astro; Sep 13th 2005 at 8:40 am.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Sad to see an aussie (if you're a real one that is, and not another one of FuzzyDuck/Megalamania's troll alter-egos) being such a piss-poor bad loser, especially since this test series has been a great example of sportsmanship. I'm sure England would be happy to have seen extra time added to the Old Trafford test - if it had we'd have won the series 3-1 instead. Oh ... and 99% of the English public would probably have voted in favour of that one.
hope your not talking about me boy !!!

lol

lets talk old kent road, up to the oval, and name a few boozers along the way...

Dun cow, Jim Davidson Nick nick etc etc

Nah sarf london born and bred, and lived here for the other half etc etc.

I can pick either team quite happily now, much to the chagrin of my workmates.

This week I'm English Eddie

Didn''t you notice the (stir stir) ?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

And btw, Pietersen isn't a bad player, probably one of Englands best ...But damn, that boy needs to learn how to catch. I've seen aussie kids take easier catches.
just think how good South africa's team must be......they didnt want to pick pietersen...

maybe warne at slip can give him some catching tips...........erm on second thought..............
ironic that the guy who cant hold a catch won the match after being dropped

anyway go South Arfica, at least we still have some good storts stars even if they are playing for other countries. Andrew Strauss was also born in SA.

Good series to watch as a somewhat neutral
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by newkiwi
just think how good South africa's team must be......they didnt want to pick pietersen...

maybe warne at slip can give him some catching tips...........erm on second thought..............
ironic that the guy who cant hold a catch won the match after being dropped

anyway go South Arfica, at least we still have some good storts stars even if they are playing for other countries. Andrew Strauss was also born in SA.

Good series to watch as a somewhat neutral

Not that the convicts ever used a South African in their ranks ?

Kepler Wessels anyone ?
Clarrie Grimmett New Zealand born & bred, yet the convicts picked him when it suited.

We might have the ashes & the world cup, but rest assured we will never take away your title as the whinging gits of the world.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:56 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Get yer hand off it , you only do it at night , no the saffies here keep very quiet ,otherwise we remind them about were they come from ...... mm
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road

In order to commemorate a memorable Ashes summer and thrilling victory, this seems like a worthy effort:

www.burnthebails.com

Paul
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

And btw, Pietersen isn't a bad player, probably one of Englands best ...But damn, that boy needs to learn how to catch. I've seen aussie kids take harder catches.
Aussies given a fair go!, that's a bit rich. Aussies are the first people with the put downs, slagging etc, they excel at it.

Pietersen has the potential to be great, he just needs to wind his neck in a bit. He's made his choice, he'd rather play for England than SA. Good luck to him. I believe you can be whatever/whoever you want to be. As for catching ability I hope Warne gets some slagging for dropping the ashes, because he did!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.