Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
You know, we actually had one of those old fashioned and real-sense-of-the-word irons where we were living in Nundle. Used to sit it next to the fire to heat up. It was cr*p. No wonder they invented electricity for these things
Blimey

We better bring our own bottle openers next year then
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:43 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Blimey

We better bring our own bottle openers next year then

Bottle openers? Waddya want them for? You'll be drinking beer, and those bottles have screw tops As does Bundy Rum. And bottles of coke.

Bottle openers, I ask you.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I think Simone is getting confused with the English.

Perhaps these are the irons she is used to using.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:45 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I think Simone is getting confused with the English.

Perhaps these are the irons she is used to using.
Not fluffy enough. Haven't we been down this road before?
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bottle openers? Waddya want them for? You'll be drinking beer, and those bottles have screw tops As does Bundy Rum. And bottles of coke.

Bottle openers, I ask you.
Okay, okay put a cork in it.
I didn't realise the Nundites were so into screwing
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Okay, okay put a cork in it.
I didn't realise the Nundites were so into screwing
LOL! Nothing like a gentle screw to release the pressure. Of the beer that is.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

LOL! Nothing like a gentle screw to release the pressure. Of the beer that is.
Of course

And if you are in too much haste it just pops and makes a mess.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:03 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

A metal appliance with a handle and a weighted flat bottom, used when heated to press wrinkles from fabric.

I suspect Simone is employing irony

Right.... I just buy my clothes a size to small, so when I put them on, the wrinkles just come out by themselves...!!

So, bix, how do you use those 2 round things to get crinkles out of clothes

You can get wine bottles with screw tops now too....
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Simone

So, bix, how do you use those 2 round things to get crinkles out of clothes

You can get wine bottles with screw tops now too....
Well it's like this.
She puts one on my ankle and the other on the fridge....and says you aint goin nowhere til you finish da ironin

Don't like screw tops on my wine. It's one of lifes little quirky pleasures to pull the cork and hear that "pop". Don't you agree ?
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Well it's like this.
She puts one on my ankle and the other on the fridge....and says you aint goin nowhere til you finish da ironin
lol
Originally Posted by Bix
Don't like screw tops on my wine. It's one of lifes little quirky pleasures to pull the cork and hear that "pop". Don't you agree ?
No!
Don't judge a book by it's cover/it's the inside that counts (that sort of thing)
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:31 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Well it's like this.

Oh yes. All the pleasure is in the pop. Well, most of the pleasure. There's something to said for the build up too, the anticipation of the pop, so to speak.

As for pulling the cork
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:35 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Quite agree Bundy.

Mind you have to insert the corkscrew at the right angle otherwise you can make a right mess of the pop.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:38 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Quite agree Bundy.

Mind you have to insert the corkscrew at the right angle otherwise you can make a right mess of the pop.

Absolutely. Plus you could do untold damage that may wreck your screwing capabilities for quite some time. Even then you have to ascertain the correct amount of pressure and the optimum speed or it can result on over-zealous popping or, worse, a stuck cork and no pop at all.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes. All the pleasure is in the pop. Well, most of the pleasure. There's something to said for the build up too, the anticipation of the pop, so to speak.
Whoops

Sorry.

Seems I wandered into the wrong website

G
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:42 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
Whoops

Sorry.

Seems I wandered into the wrong website

G

Why? What's wrong with a discussion of the various methods of cork removal and bottle opening?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.