Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's have a grumble.......

Let's have a grumble.......

Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's have a grumble.......

Grumble of my day - Phesents

The most annoying, the most cloddish bird I have ever bloody come across!

There's hundreds where I live they just walk in front of your car whilst you approach them, then they stop in the middle of the road and panic. Wondering whether to go right or left, in all the years I've lived here I've never run over one yet, I've just jammed on.
My husband goes mad and says I should just carry on and run over them, but I'm too soft, I once ran over a cockerel and felt guilty for years.

Anyway, enough is enough, the next one is going to get it!! There's going to be feathers galore!
Attached Thumbnails Let's have a grumble.......-image.jpg  
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle

There's hundreds where I live they just walk in front of your car whilst you approach them, then they stop in the middle of the road and panic. Wondering whether to go right or left, in all the years I've lived here I've never run over one yet, I've just jammed on.
My husband goes mad and says I should just carry on and run over them, but I'm too soft, I once ran over a cockerel and felt guilty for years.

Anyway, enough is enough, the next one is going to get it!! There's going to be feathers galore!
We have cloddish birds too- you'll be right at home!!
Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
We have cloddish birds too- you'll be right at home!!
Lol Oh great!

Thanks for that Caroline
Old Mar 19th 2014, 8:56 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely! No mother wants to hear that kind of stuff! Thank you very much!
Could be worse:
Last Thursday we were having our evening meal when Deb's parents Skyped us. We chattered away while eating & Deb's mum said "That looks nice what is it?"
"Paella" we said.
"Oh, your dad wouldn't like that with all that seafood. I've got him a nice bit of steak for tomorrows tea"
I seriously nearly choked I had to leave the room with tears in my eyes. How Deb kept a straight face I don't know.

If your in the dark about why google March 14th
Old Mar 19th 2014, 9:39 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Could be worse:
Last Thursday we were having our evening meal when Deb's parents Skyped us. We chattered away while eating & Deb's mum said "That looks nice what is it?"
"Paella" we said.
"Oh, your dad wouldn't like that with all that seafood. I've got him a nice bit of steak for tomorrows tea"
I seriously nearly choked I had to leave the room with tears in my eyes. How Deb kept a straight face I don't know.

But that's the kind of thing you REALLY don't want to know about your parents
Old Mar 19th 2014, 9:43 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely! No mother wants to hear that kind of stuff! Thank you very much!
Lot better than hearing your teenage daughter has a serious boyfriend

OR 'mum, my girlfriend's pregnant'
Old Mar 19th 2014, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cresta57
Could be worse:
"Paella" we said.

Surely 'she', Debs mum didn't know what day the 14th of March actually was?

Anyway, what a load of bollocks that day is. Lol no pun intended.

I think I might make a day up, 'DIY and massage' day, yeah, sounds good, erm 20th of March alright ladies?
Old Mar 19th 2014, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles

OR 'mum, my girlfriend's pregnant'

Nooooooooooooooooo!

It doesn't bare thinking about! I'm waaaaaaay to young to be a Granny, waaaaaaay to young!
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Some random took my parcel from the post office counter (the dozy staff weren't paying attention). After being caught on the CCTV, owned up to 'mistake' and instead of returning my parcel to the post office (2 mins drive) put my parcel in the post box again - so I'm having to wait for it. I wouldn't mind, but it's soothing cat spray and I'm desperate to try it out on my bad tempered moggie. I'll need a spray of it myself if I catch the person whodunnit.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:53 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't do too much damage, they can be excellent roasted. They are quite small once plucked though - and you may struggle to run over a brace...

S
Old Mar 20th 2014, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
If you don't do too much damage, they can be excellent roasted. They are quite small once plucked though - and you may struggle to run over a brace...

S

Yeah, I like pheasant too, my local pub has it on the menu from time to time and sometimes I get offered them as a lot of game shooting goes on in my village. I just can't bring myself to pluck the buggers though - so I either kindly refuse or take them into work for the pluckers I work with.

I haven't come across a brace in the road yet, they're normally too busy romancing in the hedgerows, and funnily enough, I never see a hen in the road much either, it's always the cock, staggering about like a drunken old man.

Were you once a country bumpkin Swerv?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

After waking at midnight, 2am and 4am, I was sound asleep when the alarm THAT MY OH FORGOT TO TURN OFF went off at 6am.

(He's gone to Perth, so I had to struggle over to his side of the bed and try to work out how to turn the beeping off.)
Old Mar 20th 2014, 10:41 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I like pheasant too, my local pub has it on the menu from time to time and sometimes I get offered them as a lot of game shooting goes on in my village. I just can't bring myself to pluck the buggers though - so I either kindly refuse or take them into work for the pluckers I work with.

I haven't come across a brace in the road yet, they're normally too busy romancing in the hedgerows, and funnily enough, I never see a hen in the road much either, it's always the cock, staggering about like a drunken old man.

Were you once a country bumpkin Swerv?

Yup, from Dorset - so I was always very close to hunting and shooting activities. I have found a butcher in Neutral Bay that can obtain pheasant for me - he needs a couple of week's notice, but I'm quite excited to find a supplier, so will order some when the winter arrives properly.

Personally, I recommend woodcock as a great accompaniment to pheasant - though they are even smaller, but definitely worth it! Watch for shot though

S
Old Mar 21st 2014, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yup, from Dorset - so I was always very close to hunting and shooting activities. I have found a butcher in Neutral Bay that can obtain pheasant for me - he needs a couple of week's notice, but I'm quite excited to find a supplier, so will order some when the winter arrives properly.

Personally, I recommend woodcock as a great accompaniment to pheasant - though they are even smaller, but definitely worth it! Watch for shot though

S
I quite like pigeon- tastes a bit like liver. Love pheasant, but not had woodcock. (Wiltshire lass, me.)
Old Mar 21st 2014, 9:49 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone like Possum? There was a major fight going on at 3 a.m this morning. Our dog caught the possum eating his food. He hit the screen door so hard it came off the runners & by the time I realised what was going on he was sitting there with that look what I caught glint in his eye, the possum dead at his feet

First one he's caught since the three legged one opened up his nose with a swipe of it's front claws. He's been in bad books all day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.