Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Old Dec 9th 2011, 11:51 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal Same-Sex Marriage coming to Australia?

Originally Posted by cresta57
An exclusion zone is for neutral shipping not enemy warships. The captain of the Belgrano & the Argentinian govt both state that it was a legitimate attack. The only person that thinks it was murder is you, the only reason you typed it was to troll for responses. Your nearly as predictable as your Qld jokes. Still you won't need to worry about that you missed that particular boat unlike Commander Chris Wreford-Brown
I only respect the opinions of those who served,you my friend don't count,you are a tiler,try to move on now.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:03 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
My own opinion at the time was that any Argentine warship outside of the Manchester Ship Canal was fair game.... but I looked up the sinking as I thought it was just outside the zone... and was quite surprised to find this.

"In announcing the establishment of a Maritime Exclusion Zone around the Falkland Islands, Her Majesty's Government makes it clear that this measure is without prejudice to the right of the United Kingdom to take whatever additional measures may be needed in the exercise of its right of self-defence under Article 51 of the United Nations Charter. In this connection Her Majesty's Government now wishes to make clear that any approach on the part of Argentine warships, including submarines, naval auxiliaries or military aircraft, which could amount to a threat to interfere with the mission of British Forces in the South Atlantic will encounter the appropriate response. All Argentine aircraft, including civil aircraft engaged in surveillance of these British forces, will be regarded as hostile and are liable to be dealt with accordingly"

That, apparently, was sent to the Argentine Gov six days before the General Belgrano was sunk. So the 'exclusion zone' meant sod all as far as any military activity was concerned. The entire South Atlantic was 'in play'. Have to admit that, until now, I wasn't aware of that.

Now
That is a really interesting article - thanks for posting it.

S
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I only respect the opinions of those who served,you my friend don't count,you are a tiler,try to move on now.
so i take it you were/are in the IRA or your family refused to have the 'O' prefix removed from their surname to get soup. get over it mate, you wanna move on then take some of your own medicine
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:13 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
so i take it you were/are in the IRA or your family refused to have the 'O' prefix removed from their surname to get soup. get over it mate, you wanna move on then take some of your own medicine
Foolish chap,i like redneck queenslanders more than i like terrorists,and i HATE terrorists,nuff said MATE.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

Foolish chap,i like redneck queenslanders more than i like terrorists,and i HATE terrorists,nuff said MATE.
You come accross as an Englishman hater to be frank fella, specially on the last few posts. Normally I pretty much agree with what you say but to be honest you're coming accross as just another bog trotter with a chip on his shoulder. Get over it and don't lecture me on accepting gays til you do
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:19 pm
FREE TIBET

You come accross as an Englishman hater to be frank fella, specially on the last few posts. Normally I pretty much agree with what you say but to be honest you're coming accross as just another bog trotter with a chip on his shoulder. Get over it and don't lecture me on accepting gays til you do
Thought yer name was Steve,why do now call yourself Frank,yer weird 'fella
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Thought yer name was Steve,why do now call yourself Frank,yer weird 'fella
I'm hoping you're just being a cock to wind people up, I have some sood irish friends who are anti Englesh but willing to get over it to be mates with a ****in great bloke like me, just got home from the pub with em in fact. I think all this historic division stuff is bollox, I done **** all of it, shake hands, move on and job done
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:32 pm
FREE TIBET

I'm hoping you're just being a cock to wind people up, I have some sood irish friends who are anti Englesh but willing to get over it to be mates with a ****in great bloke like me, just got home from the pub with em in fact. I think all this historic division stuff is bollox, I done **** all of it, shake hands, move on and job done
My english friends would agree,I DO NOT HATE THE ENGLISH,just dislike a few for reasons other than politics/history,consider yer hand shook,now drink lots of water before you go to bed
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

My english friends would agree,I DO NOT HATE THE ENGLISH,just dislike a few for reasons other than politics/history,consider yer hand shook,now drink lots of water before you go to bed
You'd be mistaken to assume that I'm pissed my friend, have a good night
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:41 pm
FREE TIBET

You'd be mistaken to assume that I'm pissed my friend, have a good night
Likewise that i'm anti-english
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

Likewise that i'm anti-english
fair enough, hand shake reciprocated, which I'm glad about cos you're one bloke on here I'd happily have a beer with
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:57 pm
FREE TIBET

fair enough, hand shake reciprocated, which I'm glad about cos you're one bloke on here I'd happily have a beer with
Anytime,i'm sure we would have a lot to talk about,and argue over,inbetween the drinking of course
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Anytime,i'm sure we would have a lot to talk about,and argue over,inbetween the drinking of course
sod the arguing, let's stick to drinkin and talkin bollox, we're both good at that
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:05 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

sod the arguing, let's stick to drinkin and talkin bollox, we're both good at that
Feel like I am intruding - will leave you to it.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sheene
Feel like I am intruding - will leave you to it.
feel free to come for a beer, I know i'm nowhere as big an asshole as I seem, and Bernie's a corker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.