Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Leaving party ideas...

Wikiposts

Leaving party ideas...

Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

airlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really nice
Talking Leaving party ideas...

G'day everyone!

Well my flights are booked and i leave in less than 3 weeks !!.. Which doesn't give me much time to organise a leaving do between packing and finishing up work etc.
Am thinking i'd prefer to have a party at home with just my closest friends so there should only be about 15-20 of us but i want to make the night memorable!

Have any of you thrown or are in the middle of organising an Aussie-themed farewell? I've looked on-line and there seems to be alot of places selling Aussie themed decorations but i haven't found any suggestions yet for Aussies theme party games etc. to get the night going...

Any suggestions whether personal or links i can check out would be great!

How did all of your leaving do's go?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Leaving party ideas...

Originally Posted by airlie*7
G'day everyone!

Well my flights are booked and i leave in less than 3 weeks !!.. Which doesn't give me much time to organise a leaving do between packing and finishing up work etc.
Am thinking i'd prefer to have a party at home with just my closest friends so there should only be about 15-20 of us but i want to make the night memorable!

Have any of you thrown or are in the middle of organising an Aussie-themed farewell? I've looked on-line and there seems to be alot of places selling Aussie themed decorations but i haven't found any suggestions yet for Aussies theme party games etc. to get the night going...

heres the best idea, tell your friends that you are too stressed to organise anything and get them to organise it for you, My sis is arranging mine, bless her its aussie themed and fancy dress but im not suppose to know that.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

airlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really niceairlie*7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lawlaw
heres the best idea, tell your friends that you are too stressed to organise anything and get them to organise it for you, My sis is arranging mine, bless her its aussie themed and fancy dress but im not suppose to know that.

Heeheehee! I would get my sister to organise mine... apart from the fact that she is migrating to Oz too about a month after me and she'd argue that i won't be there to organise hers!!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Heeheehee! I would get my sister to organise mine... apart from the fact that she is migrating to Oz too about a month after me and she'd argue that i won't be there to organise hers!!

I wish my sis was migrating with me too along with all my friends and family . You must be able to rope someone into helping out, take some of the pressure off you
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

G'day everyone!

Wear waterproof mascara!! I looked like Alice Cooper at the end of my party! Bawled my eyes out all the next day as well!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Wear waterproof mascara!! I looked like Alice Cooper at the end of my party! Bawled my eyes out all the next day as well!

good idea, didnt think of that one
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Damn! Just bought a new mascara yesterday.... didn't think of that!

It's so strange to feel so happy and so sad about leaving all at the same time! No doubt i'll be laughing and crying at my farewell party...
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Damn! Just bought a new mascara yesterday.... didn't think of that!

It's so strange to feel so happy and so sad about leaving all at the same time! No doubt i'll be laughing and crying at my farewell party...
It was the weirdest feeling in the world, happy that you are having a great time with all your mates then people keep coming up to you crying saying we won't all be together like this again! Then your wanting to cry and for some reason I could remember a single reason of why we were going!!!

Thanks God I remembered when we got here!!!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:04 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
It was the weirdest feeling in the world, happy that you are having a great time with all your mates then people keep coming up to you crying saying we won't all be together like this again! Then your wanting to cry and for some reason I could remember a single reason of why we were going!!!

Thanks God I remembered when we got here!!!
Aaaahhh

One of the reasons i am putting my foot down to a leaving party although i am not sure if my firends will let me go without one.....I hate goodbyes
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:34 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

For decorations etc. try www.partypacks.co.uk
Julie. x
Old Feb 8th 2006, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Leaving party ideas...

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
For decorations etc. try www.partypacks.co.uk
Julie. x
That's great! Thanks!
...do any of you have any suggestions for Aussie party games? There must be some out there... i went to a baby shower recently where we played lots of baby-related games... it really got everyone in the party mood and thought something similar would be good for the farewell to balance some sillyness with the inevitable number of heart2hearts that will be taking place too!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 1:12 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

That's great! Thanks!
...do any of you have any suggestions for Aussie party games? There must be some out there... i went to a baby shower recently where we played lots of baby-related games... it really got everyone in the party mood and thought something similar would be good for the farewell to balance some sillyness with the inevitable number of heart2hearts that will be taking place too!
If there is only twenty of you why dont you go as Australian celebrity fancy dress ...obviously you would go as kylie

And then Australian themed quiz followed by a karaoke.....Australian of course.......i can hear it now ' tie you Kangaroo down sport'
Old Feb 8th 2006, 2:55 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has really got methinking what we can do that is fun for our leaving party (if we ever get a flipping visa HINT HINT MR DIMIA!!!!) and I have found these web sites with some wicked ideas:

http://www.party-oz.com.au/party/games.htm

http://www.amuseyourself.com/party-games-and-other-stupid-human-tricks/aussie-20-questions.html

http://www.merrimysteries.com/tmm/partytips/index.html

http://www.partykids.com.au/

Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Issie
If there is only twenty of you why dont you go as Australian celebrity fancy dress ...obviously you would go as kylie

And then Australian themed quiz followed by a karaoke.....Australian of course.......i can hear it now ' tie you Kangaroo down sport'
My sis is arranging ours, were not supposed to know that it is aussie themed and aussie fancy dress but our friend are rubbish and pretty much all of them failed to keep it a surprise.

Its on Friday, I feel a bit like the others going to be fun but sad too.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by lawlaw
My sis is arranging ours, were not supposed to know that it is aussie themed and aussie fancy dress but our friend are rubbish and pretty much all of them failed to keep it a surprise.

Its on Friday, I feel a bit like the others going to be fun but sad too.
I am sure you will have a fantastic nght........through the tears there will be lots of smiles too.

Good luck...let us know how you got on though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.