Wikiposts

Leaving Party

Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all
Default Leaving Party

Hi All,

Just wondered what your opinions are on having a leaving party? OH well up for it but I am prone to burying my head in the sand

For those of you that had them... what made them fun, good, upsetting etc?

For those of you that didn't... do you regret it?

Thanks

Wren x
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:31 am
Just Joined

michellef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leaving Party

Originally Posted by wren
Hi All,

Just wondered what your opinions are on having a leaving party? OH well up for it but I am prone to burying my head in the sand

Thanks

Wren x

Hi Wren,

only my opinion but when i first mentioned to my husband about a leaving party he shrugged it off and said 'waste of money and whats the point' but after a few discussions he came round to my way of thinking .I personally think that a leaving party is the best way to go because i know that when i eventually have mine i will cry ,i will laugh and i will always be able to look back and think wow what a great evening we all had and it may be a few years before you actually see some of these friends and family again,but what ever you decide will be right for you.

Michelle
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Hi All,

Thanks

Wren x
Hi Wren
I'd be interested to see the replies on this. We're not sure about this. If we have a party I would feel obliged to invite everyone & his dog (people you never really see & aren't partically bothered you won't see them again). I'm thinking at the moment to have a small gathering of close family & friends - abit more personal for the occasion. Trouble is, will we regret not having a big send off/party

Leigh
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

We are just meeting in a local pub and inviting everyone. If they want to come then great, but if not then I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:01 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
We are just meeting in a local pub and inviting everyone. If they want to come then great, but if not then I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

That's what we did! Just asked loads of friends and family, the Landlord let me make some nibbles, loads of alcohol and a good time was had by all!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We are having one but over a month before we go - that way I figure we'll be less emotional.

We weren't going to have one to begin with but then changed our minds. Both mine and hubbys families are very dysfunctional so it made sense to invite them all and if they choose not to come, at least we will have made the effort.

Also, I liked the idea of having one big party where everyone came to us as opposed to us having to travel every weekend to see them to say 'Goodbye'
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ohippy
We are having one but over a month before we go - that way I figure we'll be less emotional.

We weren't going to have one to begin with but then changed our minds. Both mine and hubbys families are very dysfunctional so it made sense to invite them all and if they choose not to come, at least we will have made the effort.

Also, I liked the idea of having one big party where everyone came to us as opposed to us having to travel every weekend to see them to say 'Goodbye'

I like it- "families very disfunctional so we decided to invite them all" You hoping for fireworks then?!!

Think we are going to go for it, like you say less trecking around etc and I'm sure it'll be a fun night.

Thanks for the replies

Wren x
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:45 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

we are havin ours 3 days before we fly, wasn't going to to start with but our local pub was booked for a wedding (we were gonna do 'a wendy' )

OH family is very dysfunctional so also (as ohippy) decided that we had done our bit by inviting them, they dont come then 'sod them' got loads of friends etc on the invite list, mainly to save us visiting everyone except the close ones.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:47 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

I like it- "families very disfunctional so we decided to invite them all" You hoping for fireworks then?!!
i can send my door"man" round if you want
Attached Images   
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

:d
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:03 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

:d
wait till you see her mate
Attached Images  
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve`o
wait till you see her mate
You're cracking me up
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:20 am
Worongary

You're cracking me up
sorry

ps we`re in the BE bar
Attached Images    
Old Jun 21st 2006, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
i can send my door"man" round if you want
Not needed thanks - we're planning on setting up a few rows then sitting back and enjoying the entertainment.

If any of them don't show up then we can be confident that we are bigger/better people than they are and moving on to a fab new life which doesn't include them