Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Least and favourite parts of Australian [or Austrian] Lifestyle.

Least and favourite parts of Australian [or Austrian] Lifestyle.

Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:12 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Least and favourite parts of Australian [or Austrian] Lifestyle.

Originally Posted by Beoz
Great minds think a like. I spent a week of my honeymoon in the Austrian alps.
Originally Posted by OzTennis
Just you?

All I can think of now is the opening scene from The Spy Who Loved me - the ski jump and Union flag parachute canopy - supposedly in Austria too

S
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Ischgl is the best. It used to be unknown to Brits, but its now getting airplay. The apres ski in Ischgl is the greatest. Getting a bit old now, and hit the wall about 9pm, which is a good thing so I can get up and go skiing early. Ski wise it's awesome. You can ski down into Switzerland, pick up a bit of duty free and come back. The infrastructure is superb. They have a mega closing party every year. This year Robbie Williams played.

I used to nip down to Switzerland on a Friday night and come back Sunday. Lots of airline options fly from any London airport to Zurich, get in hire car, drive for 45 minutes, you could be in Engelberg or Andermatt. Last lifts Sunday, a couple of beers, and be back in Zurich for the 9pm back to London. You make up an hour due to the time difference. Easy Peasy.

http://www.worldsnowboardguide.com/u...l/HTHKACKS.JPG

That hour's time difference came in handy on the way back in..and when you went back to work (outbound) you lost an hour...what a shame..
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Just you?
Nah, it wasn't ski season
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to put that down as one of my least favourite parts of Australian lifestyle ........ at has a "lian" on the end.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Too right. Can't fault Austria in summer. Stayed for a week in Sankt Johann im Pongau a few years back. Swimming lakes, bike rides, walking in the mountains, drives to glaciers, and my favourite ...... cow tipping.
Indeed, we used to go to Saalbach for the summer, located not far from Zell am See. Spent many the hours as a kid messing around in hire motor boats on the lake a Zell am See.

Hoping when we move back to the UK early next year to do the same with my son.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon77
Indeed, we used to go to Saalbach for the summer, located not far from Zell am See. Spent many the hours as a kid messing around in hire motor boats on the lake a Zell am See.

Hoping when we move back to the UK early next year to do the same with my son.
Do it from Oz. In Feb did a week in Austria and a week in the UK visiting family.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Least and favourite parts of Australian [or Austrian] Lifestyle.

Least: Australia obsession with putting advertisements in your face at every opportunity. Watching the NRL last night, I wanted to punch the Bravia every time one if the ex pro commentators said 'Harvey Norman replay'.

Most: The genuine honesty you generally get from Australians you encounter.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Least and favourite parts of Australian [or Austrian] Lifestyle.

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Least: Australia obsession with putting advertisements in your face at every opportunity. Watching the NRL last night, I wanted to punch the Bravia every time one if the ex pro commentators said 'Harvey Norman replay'.

Most: The genuine honesty you generally get from Australians you encounter.
That's classic Aussie media playing with the bogan psychology. Simple sports, simple advertisements, and lots of them. Just watch Rugby Union instead.

#202 – Gerry Harvey | Things Bogans Like

The NRL is getting all shirty at the moment as the Rugby Union bandwagon has picked up. That all might disappear if the Wallabies get a pasting from the AB's on Saturday night.