A League 2013/14

Old Oct 15th 2013, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2013/14

Good to have the A-League back. Adelaide looked decent, reckon they could be dark horses this year.

Ange for the national team? I think he would be the best man for the job.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Good to have the A-League back. Adelaide looked decent, reckon they could be dark horses this year.

Ange for the national team? I think he would be the best man for the job.
I think Arnold should get it. I don't particularly like the style CCM play but I think it might be quite effective in international football where chances are limited and you have to bide your time quite often. That would probably be more up Arnold's street than Ange who I don't rate as highly as many others do. Also Arnold has the knack of getting the best out of young talent and can shape then in to an effective team.

Also if Arnold doesn't get it where does he go from there? Lets face it he has worked miracles with what is a very small club in financial diffulties and the supporter base isn't going to get any bigger up there either.

There must come a point when he wants to try something at a bigger club and not just end his career up at CCM. I thought he would have moved on in the winter actually and that showed a lack of ambition for me. The A league is growing / changing and I think Arnold will get left behind as clubs like MV, East Sydney, Heart and WSW get bigger, going to get harder and harder to keep CCM near the top.

Last edited by Jon77; Oct 17th 2013 at 10:46 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't he turn down the Sheff Utd job because he had an interview with Dave Bassett and called him 'pre-historic'
Old Oct 17th 2013, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Didn't he turn down the Sheff Utd job because he had an interview with Dave Bassett and called him 'pre-historic'
Which one was calling the other pre-historic? Both pretty much dinosaurs

Not sure that Sheffield United would have been a step up from CCM anyway
Old Oct 18th 2013, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I reckon Pop's is the best bloke for the job.... Aus doesn't have a hope in this world cup anyway, so may as well take a gamble on a bloke thats very very used to getting great results in difficult circumstances. Plus I think his analysing abilities of opposition teams is hard to beat anywhere... He really studies the opposition as deeply as anyone in football.

I dont think Ange's style will translate properly to a national team, where you only have players intermittently.

Back to tonight.... Peoples first chance to see a proper A league clash with decent atmosphere from both sides on free to air. Plus the standard of football should be as high as the A league can muster at present.

Hopefully there is more attacking this week.... an early goal from either side would be useful.

So Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory on SBS2 tonight, Coverage starts at 7pm through till 10pm.. My friends will be displaying quite a large Silver "Melbourne Family" flag.... I've got to save my dosh for the finals...spent to much on my house

SBS need to dump Jason Culina and pronto it needs to be said.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Personally I reckon Pop's is the best bloke for the job.... Aus doesn't have a hope in this world cup anyway, so may as well take a gamble on a bloke thats very very used to getting great results in difficult circumstances. Plus I think his analysing abilities of opposition teams is hard to beat anywhere... He really studies the opposition as deeply as anyone in football.

I dont think Ange's style will translate properly to a national team, where you only have players intermittently.

So says an MV fan who doesn't want to lose his manager
Poppa has been a manger for one season, ok it was a good season but one season doe not an international manager make.

It is between Arnold and Ange. Part of me hope it is Ange so it ***** MV right up hopefully and implodes the club for the season.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
So says an MV fan who doesn't want to lose his manager
Poppa has been a manger for one season, ok it was a good season but one season doe not an international manager make.

It is between Arnold and Ange. Part of me hope it is Ange so it ***** MV right up hopefully and implodes the club for the season.
Nope I'm talking as a Palace fan that knows exactly what he is potentially capable of and his past track record.

The WSW management issue it would cause would be of great use to MV I will admit

MV have massive active fan issues at present, so they are imploding off the pitch anyway.... Not sure how thats going to resolve itself, tonight in Adelaide will be interesting, as the two large at odds groups will be together in close proxmity.

Meanwhile Adelaide 10 mins ago

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 18th 2013 at 6:50 am.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

The WSW management issue it would cause would be of great use to MV I will admit
Like I have said before, WSW is bigger than one person. Should Poppa move on then it wouldn't be the end of what is going on in the west of Sydney.

If Ange left it would probably hurt a club likes your more.

The more I think about it the more chance I think Poppa could actually get it, but like I said, wouldn't be the end of the world.

Last edited by Jon77; Oct 18th 2013 at 8:11 am.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

You never know, Roy Hodgson might be available for the job! (made a monkey joke about Chris Smalling passing to Andros Townsend at half time; no wonder Townsend had a brilliant 1st half and poorer 2nd)
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

A lot better standard than last weeks sbs match.

A few terrible decisions but saying that Adelaide look a little better....MV look likely though so better not sit on their lead. Looking forward to 2nd half. Mitch having a shocker so far...

First home game for Brisbane Roar tomorrow at Suncorp against ADP United. Shold be great!!!

Last edited by fish.01; Oct 18th 2013 at 9:43 am.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Enjoying the Adelaide V MV game actaully, reminds me of the WSW V CCM game back in Jan when everything went against us that day.

Hope Adelaide get a few more.

Wonder if MV don't win for a while MV might be happy with letting Ange go.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Great finish
Old Oct 18th 2013, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

60 secs
Old Oct 18th 2013, 10:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Nope I'm talking as a Palace fan that knows exactly what he is potentially capable of and his past track record.

MV have massive active fan issues at present, so they are imploding off the pitch anyway.... Not sure how thats going to resolve itself, tonight in Adelaide will be interesting, as the two large at odds groups will be together in close proxmity.

Meanwhile Adelaide 10 mins ago

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...43560795_n.jpg
Is that you in the shades OE?
Old Oct 18th 2013, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

2-2 great game for the neutral...good comeback Melbourne...hope they finish like that against us...so many sitters missed!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.