A League 2013/14

Old Dec 21st 2013, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2013/14

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Great game last night, enjoyed it as much as any I've seen this season. Brilliante was incredible. Never thought I'd see Newcastle playing like that.

Today... Well to cut it short.... MV are back in full force... anyone with half an inkling should watch tonight.

Sit and take note WSW..... this is how it should be done.

There is an incredible D Notice by the North Terrace at present... no chat whatsoever and no posts on any of their forums. I do know that they have contacted everyone and everything they can by private message though.

So expect the spectacular.

Looking forwards to tonight and lets see if the pumped up crowd can spur MV back to where they should be.

I should do a Palace and MV accumulator today I reckon.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...88966314_n.jpg
Fortunately didn't see last nights game so can't comment other than to say very disappointed in the result. Hopefully a kick up the jaxxy will result in a better performance against Sydney. Just like to say I hope Palace kick ass tonight for obvious reasons !
Old Dec 21st 2013, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Palace surprised the hell out of me last night I must say... Honestly thought they would be in with a show.

However back closer to where we live... Enjoyed ourselves immensely yesterday. Great game to be at, MV looked far more settled now that the crowd distractions are mostly over. Much much better finishing.

Here's a picture from the not too distant future.

Old Dec 25th 2013, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Well having watched Sydney lose to Wellington I'm cautiously confident of 3points for "The Roar " tonight
Old Dec 26th 2013, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How is it possible for a man see his team win 5-2 and be so dejected at the same time ? Easy ,enter Bobby who has $5 on Brisbane to win 5-1 @100/1 only to see the opposition score their 2nd goal in the 93 rd minute of the game due to 2 farkwit defenders and a goalkeeper. And whilst on the subject of football I'd willingly buy the whole world a drink if anyone can find me a worse footballer (for want of a better word) than that incompetent fool Henrique,he is totally USELESS !(even endorsed by er indoors!)

Last edited by bobbyftm; Dec 26th 2013 at 10:33 am.
Old Dec 26th 2013, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Great result for Brisbane.... MV v WSW tomo... Bloody North Terrace has pulled the plug again.

Never mind I'll be there and looking forwards to a win hopefully .... MV have to win this if they stand any chance of winning the league.
Old Dec 26th 2013, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Great result for Brisbane.... MV v WSW tomo... Bloody North Terrace has pulled the plug again.

Never mind I'll be there and looking forwards to a win hopefully .... MV have to win this if they stand any chance of winning the league.
Sure to be tuning in as has the hallmarks of a very good game
Old Dec 28th 2013, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

On my way in...lots of negative action in the cbd already by the looks... horda have taken after the rbb .....horda and the rest of the north terrace are supposed to be boycotting the game....expect bad news reports tomo... god knows what happens of this lot gets mixed up with the cricket crowd at the g which is less tha 400 meters from aamoi
Old Dec 28th 2013, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Could be 30k there today...no tickets left
Old Dec 29th 2013, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Great game to be at, enjoyed myself immensely. MV played really well however against a weaker WSW team with 5 first team players out should have done much much better.

I'd say yesterdays game has focused both clubs spectators as enemy no1 from this point on. Expect some really intense matches and spectacle in the future.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/wswanderersfc/news-display/Western-Sydney-Wanderers-FC-statement/81986

Western Sydney Wanderers FC today has noted the statement made by Melbourne Victory Football Club and on behalf of all stakeholders of the Club makes the following comments.

The Western Sydney Wanderers, as it has stated and demonstrated many times in the past, maintains an absolute commitment to providing a safe, fun-filled environment for all fans at any event in which it is involved.

Within that context, the club maintains a zero tolerance towards anti-social behaviour and continues to work strongly with all key stakeholders including Police, FFA, Venue and its Active Supporter leadership group on a daily basis to implement strategies to remove such behaviour from the game.

While in a very small minority, any anti-social behaviour is treated with the utmost seriousness and extreme sanctions are invoked upon the identification of any individual found to have exhibited such behaviour. These sanctions include bans of up to 20 years and the pressing of legal charges wherever possible.

The club fully supports any call for severe sanctioning of any individual identified as being involved in anti-social behaviour and is committed to working in collaboration with the Melbourne Victory Football Club and all relevant stakeholders to identify any individual involved either at the match or in the unfortunate incident triggered by some Melbourne Victory fans at the Wanderers pre-match Hotel function.

While appreciating the difficulties that the Melbourne Victory Football Club are currently experiencing with its active supporter group remaining on strike because of irreconcilable differences, the Western Sydney Wanderers will not shy away from its full responsibility for the behaviour of any fan that can be directly linked to the club. We have every confidence that Melbourne Victory share these same views.

As evidence of its commitment to fan security and safety, the Western Sydney Wanderers had five senior staff travel to the match on Saturday to lend support to Melbourne Victory in any way possible with match day operations including fan behaviour.

The club reaffirms its full support of its 16,700 members who continue to set a new benchmark for fan support in any sporting code in the country and will not let the actions of an absolute minority stand in the way of this recognition. The 1,500 Wanderers fans in attendance at Saturday’s match who demonstrated exemplary behaviour is a greater reflection of the Club’s values and culture than the five or six individuals who chose to demonstrate completely unacceptable behaviour.

The club also further notes that it has a virtually unblemished record of fan behaviour at its matches this year and will be seeking to establish a co-operative and collaborative approach with the Melbourne Victory Football Club to better understand and identify what may have been the catalysts for the events of Saturday and in so doing identify the necessary preventive strategies to ensure that such events do not occur in the future.

I notice the Victory club statement was 100% about bagging WSW and implied their fans are angels by removing any reference to identifying their own dickheads. Shows different approach and culture at each club. Well done WSW and also RBB leadership for working with club to protect us all as supporters.

Personally I don't know what is the worst thing, the MV attack on the WSW pub (and yes the reaction from some WSW supporters was unfortunate, let us not think we are all angels here) OR the fact that MV seem to be desperate to have some kind of meaningful rivalry with WSW no matter what the cost. Dragging the whole game in to the gutter seems to be the aim.

It was a good game but I have been to more controversial games against CCM and more enjoyable on and off the pitch against ESFC.

Personally I don't care of we play MV or Heart, means nothing to me. Any any future game in Melbourne will have police overkill anyway now, the fun will be gone.

Last edited by Jon77; Dec 31st 2013 at 1:59 am.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

And for balance (something MV and it's supporters don't seem to believe in) here is the MV statement-

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/a...-1226792106056

And from the MV forum -

Next game against wanderers, halve the available seats, full pat down/strip search of fans as they enter and enforce a must be seated policy - no standing. Their fans have to enter the ground 2 hours before kickoff to avoid any contact with MVFC fans. Anyone that doesn't comply can be locked up, police already waste a heap of resources at MVFC games, just get them to bring a long a few more divvy vans.

This isn't about being jealous of the RBB, it's about being disgusted that they get away with whatever they want and are praised for doing so, whilst our own active support is treated like garbage. It's about making sure I can bring anyone I want, be it my 90y/o grandmother or my mates 2y/o son to a game and feel as though I am not being intimidated by deranged idiots from sydney or egotistical security.

Sounds fun.

Last edited by Jon77; Dec 31st 2013 at 2:15 am.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon77
And for balance (something MV and it's supporters don't seem to believe in) here is the MV statement-

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/a...-1226792106056

And from the MV forum -

Next game against wanderers, halve the available seats, full pat down/strip search of fans as they enter and enforce a must be seated policy - no standing. Their fans have to enter the ground 2 hours before kickoff to avoid any contact with MVFC fans. Anyone that doesn't comply can be locked up, police already waste a heap of resources at MVFC games, just get them to bring a long a few more divvy vans.

This isn't about being jealous of the RBB, it's about being disgusted that they get away with whatever they want and are praised for doing so, whilst our own active support is treated like garbage. It's about making sure I can bring anyone I want, be it my 90y/o grandmother or my mates 2y/o son to a game and feel as though I am not being intimidated by deranged idiots from sydney or egotistical security.

Sounds fun.
There was a lot of stuff that went on, that I wont place anywhere public.

The worst thing about this is, it's started something that wont stop IMO... remember there were very few NTC fans at the actual game.. They were in pubs in Richmond. Quite likely it was Horda at the pub, no one knows for sure except them.

Agree about the difference in tude from the clubs perspective, plenty of MV active supporters pointing that out.

Was that text taken from MV.Net ?

..... Found it.... That is just one blokes view, he is being criticised by everyone else on the thread for being an over reactionary idiot... Looks like he is a Villa supporter to me... maybe that explains something

http://www.melbournevictory.net/foru...-nothing/page5

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 31st 2013 at 4:47 am.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yet another accomplished performance and great result ( for a change in Melbourne ) against another top side in the division . Somewhere amongst it all was perhaps goal of the season and miss of the season so far by the same player !
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Yet another accomplished performance and great result ( for a change in Melbourne ) against another top side in the division . Somewhere amongst it all was perhaps goal of the season and miss of the season so far by the same player !

Twas a good game and a great performance by Brisbane, congrats to them they deserved it.

Still not convinced that the only reason MV are performing the way they are is because of the change of Manager.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Repeat of the WSW game tonight ..... So good reason to take a sickie and have a few beers midweek whilst it's quiet at work.

MV supposedy have 7 players out tonight, funny how pre season Ange reckoned this team had real depth and would make a difference to MV's season, whereas KMuscat seems to be using it as a pre cursor to a loss.

Still not expecting to much, hope the team just plays with some guts and determination rather than a resignated air of looming disintergration.

Aint if funny how a Manager can make so much difference.

It's not been an enjoyable season this one, what with the North Terrace boycott and Ange's appointment as Australian Manager.

It's times like today I'm glad I have a few beers to help the game along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.