Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

In-laws arrive this morning! Excited and stressed!

Wikiposts

In-laws arrive this morning! Excited and stressed!

Old May 30th 2008, 6:16 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default In-laws arrive this morning! Excited and stressed!

Well it's 7am, I've been up for 2 hours already because I can't sleep.... the new in-laws (well OH's parents and siblings) arrive from Oz this morning! 6 Aussies who have never been out of Australia before!

They'll come here to our 2 bedroom flat in London (could be interesting...) and the parents will stay with us and the siblings will be in a hotel.

Then on Wednesday we'll all had down to Cornwall for the wedding! Can't believe it's all happening! We'll be showing them around London for a few days, although we should probably be doing wedding stuff... but hey ho.

Was up till late last night cleaning the flat (not just clean clean, not just visitor clean, but PARENT visiting clean!) and making the table plan for the wedding..... lol

Wish me luck!!
Old May 30th 2008, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In-laws arrive this morning! Excited and stressed!

Good luck!
Old May 30th 2008, 6:30 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Well it's 7am, I've been up for 2 hours already because I can't sleep.... the new in-laws (well OH's parents and siblings) arrive from Oz this morning! 6 Aussies who have never been out of Australia before!

They'll come here to our 2 bedroom flat in London (could be interesting...) and the parents will stay with us and the siblings will be in a hotel.

Then on Wednesday we'll all had down to Cornwall for the wedding! Can't believe it's all happening! We'll be showing them around London for a few days, although we should probably be doing wedding stuff... but hey ho.

Was up till late last night cleaning the flat (not just clean clean, not just visitor clean, but PARENT visiting clean!) and making the table plan for the wedding..... lol

Wish me luck!!
Blimey Emma , Well i reckon they will have a great time & more importantly i know you will

I hope the wedding goes well , have the time of your lifes both of you .
Old May 30th 2008, 7:08 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Blimey Emma , Well i reckon they will have a great time & more importantly i know you will

I hope the wedding goes well , have the time of your lifes both of you .
Thanks mate, I'm sure we'll have a great time. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!
Old May 30th 2008, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

cazw1405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish me luck!!

Good Luck! Bet you will have a great time!

Good luck with the wedding too!
Old May 31st 2008, 1:27 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Well it's going alright so far.... they arrived at 9am so I asked if anyone wanted a cup of tea and the MiL did but the FiL and brothers/sisters just went straight on the beer.... I know it wasn't breakfast time for them but still!

All that cleaning and tidying of the place and after 5 mins it looks like a bomb has hit it and there's beer cans everywhere!

Still, it's good to have them here. We've sent the brothers and sisters over the road to the pub to have some fish and chips so I can tidy up a bit

Heading in to town in a bit to 'see some old buildings and that'
Old May 31st 2008, 10:31 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's going alright so far.... they arrived at 9am so I asked if anyone wanted a cup of tea and the MiL did but the FiL and brothers/sisters just went straight on the beer.... I know it wasn't breakfast time for them but still!

All that cleaning and tidying of the place and after 5 mins it looks like a bomb has hit it and there's beer cans everywhere!

Still, it's good to have them here. We've sent the brothers and sisters over the road to the pub to have some fish and chips so I can tidy up a bit

Heading in to town in a bit to 'see some old buildings and that'
Take them to a walkabout and show them what a REAL aussie pub looks like
Old May 31st 2008, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

just wanted to wish you all all the best and a wonderful future
S xx