Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Last UK Holiday - idea's on where we should go?

Wikiposts

Last UK Holiday - idea's on where we should go?

Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:10 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last UK Holiday - idea's on where we should go?

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Hi there,

Anyone got any suggestions of places or area's in the UK that we should see before we leave for Oz?

We're planning to go away 'somewhere' in the UK for a 5 day break at the end of November, just before we fly out to Sydney.

We've 'done' the Lakes, North Yorkshire, Northumberland, North and West Scotland, and we'd quite like to go somewhere that we've not yet been, like maybe the North Wales coast or somewhere in Cornwall.

Don't want to stay in a town or city, and we're not particularly looking to do anything more energetic than a couple of walks whilst we're away, but we're looking for peace and quiet, and beautiful countryside.

Any ideas?

Nicky
The Lake District ?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:12 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
The Lake District ?
No, one of my favourite places on earth but been there so often we want to see somewhere else.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:12 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, boss - I'll pop the telly on now!
eww gutting rabbits
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:14 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
eww gutting rabbits
Lovely! Now skinning them! Just been sick! What is this programme??? Kids all over the country will be trying this out on their poor pet rabbits!!!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:24 am

Lovely! Now skinning them! Just been sick! What is this programme??? Kids all over the country will be trying this out on their poor pet rabbits!!!
a load of city kids have been sent to the country as evacuees they have to live and work like the reals ones did, its been really good last day tomorrow.

ooo the man has just been and put the sold sign up

gotta go chick catch you later

Last edited by possoms; Sep 14th 2006 at 4:28 am.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

a load of city kids have been sent to the country as evacuees they have to live and work like the reals ones did, its been really good last day tomorrow.

ooo the man has just been and put the sold sign up

gotta go chick catch you later

i threatened my kids im sending them on that programme so they can realise just how lucky they are
Mandy

Nicky and Dave why not visit the Scottish Islands. i can highly recommend the Isle of Arran, a great place to un wind you have the fresh air, countryside and coast all in one.
Mandy
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:48 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

you might need em if you cant get your barbie lit
panic ye not... chopperboy found some really really overpriced charcoal in christchurch...

the barbie is back on!!!!!

Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:15 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

not in the uk but very close. I am going to see the "northern lights in winter. Cheap flight from leeds to oslo or bergen, get a cruise up the fjords for as day or 2 and see the northern lights,

edinburgh too, and ireland. I once went to bangor just outside belfast on the coast. Beautiful marina and pub and bar all around thre bay. Lots of lovely counrtryside a few miles away. You cajn sail from liverpool overnight in a car ferry with beterhs or from hollyhead or stranraer too.

Isle of man

Bude in cornwall, you can fly from manc to newquay now too, you may be able yto fly from leeds.

al
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by alkristensen
not in the uk but very close. I am going to see the "northern lights in winter. Cheap flight from leeds to oslo or bergen, get a cruise up the fjords for as day or 2 and see the northern lights,

al
ooo that sounds lovely Al, I would love to see the northern lights
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by SonicBird
panic ye not... chopperboy found some really really overpriced charcoal in christchurch...

the barbie is back on!!!!!

goodo, so what are barbequed pasties like?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

He said 'tweeness' not tweenies! LOL! What's a DINKIE?

Nicky
HI

Lol thanks for pointing that out , think the time has to come to forget vanity and don the glasses
Old Sep 14th 2006, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

ljs08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Last UK Holiday - idea's on where we should go?

hi, alot of people seem to be saying cornwall and I have to agree. I lived in Devon for two year and its just so pretty, the ideal place for walks, picnics and a real friendly country vibe. There are loads of sweet b&bs and cottages for you to stay in. I use to work at a county house hotel in Tavistock that does mind blowing food and has the best views of the tamar vally.
Happy holidays!!

Hi there,

Anyone got any suggestions of places or area's in the UK that we should see before we leave for Oz?

We're planning to go away 'somewhere' in the UK for a 5 day break at the end of November, just before we fly out to Sydney.

We've 'done' the Lakes, North Yorkshire, Northumberland, North and West Scotland, and we'd quite like to go somewhere that we've not yet been, like maybe the North Wales coast or somewhere in Cornwall.

Don't want to stay in a town or city, and we're not particularly looking to do anything more energetic than a couple of walks whilst we're away, but we're looking for peace and quiet, and beautiful countryside.

Any ideas?

Nicky
Old Sep 15th 2006, 2:10 am
In my own little world!

Hi guys,

Just to say thanks for all the recommendations - some wonderful places that people have come up with and it's a shame we won't have time to visit them all before we leave.

I've done some research on the various options and we've decided on Cornwall. Been on the internet today and booked a lovely self-catering farm cottage on the outskirts of St Austell - nice and quiet, but within walking distance on the town and coastal-walks, so really looking forward to it.

If anyone knows the area and has some specific recommendations on local things to do, please let me know.

Cheers,

Nicky
Old Sep 15th 2006, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Loz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud of

Hi guys,

Just to say thanks for all the recommendations - some wonderful places that people have come up with and it's a shame we won't have time to visit them all before we leave.

I've done some research on the various options and we've decided on Cornwall. Been on the internet today and booked a lovely self-catering farm cottage on the outskirts of St Austell - nice and quiet, but within walking distance on the town and coastal-walks, so really looking forward to it.

If anyone knows the area and has some specific recommendations on local things to do, please let me know.

Cheers,

Nicky

Eden Project would be a must for me.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Loz4Oz
Eden Project would be a must for me.
yes me too

if your very good I'll bring you a map on Saturday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.