Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Last UK Holiday - idea's on where we should go?

Wikiposts

Last UK Holiday - idea's on where we should go?

Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:00 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last UK Holiday - idea's on where we should go?

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Hi there,

Anyone got any suggestions of places or area's in the UK that we should see before we leave for Oz?

We're planning to go away 'somewhere' in the UK for a 5 day break at the end of November, just before we fly out to Sydney.

We've 'done' the Lakes, North Yorkshire, Northumberland, North and West Scotland, and we'd quite like to go somewhere that we've not yet been, like maybe the North Wales coast or somewhere in Cornwall.

Don't want to stay in a town or city, and we're not particularly looking to do anything more energetic than a couple of walks whilst we're away, but we're looking for peace and quiet, and beautiful countryside.

Any ideas?

Nicky
how about the Peak District?

Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:26 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
how about the Peak District?

I hadn't forgotten about the Peak District! I was thinking of surprising Dave with a weekend away there towards the end of October. Might even be able to stop by and say hallo! Any recommendations on good places to stay?

Nicky
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:20 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Tenby and Saundersfoot in Wales are both beautiful. Suffolk or Norfolk coast line is good fun. I personally love the New Forest.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:57 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Dartmoor all the way!!!!!! Then pop over to The Eden Project, you cant leave these shores without seeing it!!!! But it just has to be Dartmoor!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Loz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud of

Cornwall would be top of my list. I hope we get chance to visit again before the big move

Loz
Old Sep 13th 2006, 1:39 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Betws-Y-Coed in N.Wales would be my choice...mountains,lakes,history,good hotels,B&B's and not far from the coast if you fancy a change of scenery....although you cant go far wrong with driving through the windy roads of the area...stunningly breathtaking.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 1:46 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Betws-Y-Coed in N.Wales would be my choice...mountains,lakes,history,good hotels,B&B's and not far from the coast if you fancy a change of scenery....although you cant go far wrong with driving through the windy roads of the area...stunningly breathtaking.
But bloody annoying when you get stuck beghind a caravan... which always happened to me when I lived near there...

Mind you, in October there may not be too many around!!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say Cornwall or Devon as well, had some lovely times there when we lived in Plymouth. Having spent the last 5 years living in Poole before we came here would also recommend Dorset ! would advise anyone to go to Corfe castle its just stunning !!

Nicky
Attached Thumbnails Last UK Holiday - idea's on where we should go?-imgp0691.jpg   Last UK Holiday - idea's on where we should go?-imgp0698.jpg  
Old Sep 13th 2006, 1:58 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
But bloody annoying when you get stuck beghind a caravan... which always happened to me when I lived near there...

Mind you, in October there may not be too many around!!
have to say i've never seen a caravan in Betws....loads of tents and bikers though
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:09 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

have to say i've never seen a caravan in Betws....loads of tents and bikers though
Try going on the A5....Horriffic (especially near Bala etc)!!:scared:

Not that it is really an issue, being the other side of the world an all!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:20 pm
Cheeky member

Try going on the A5....Horriffic (especially near Bala etc)!!:scared:

Not that it is really an issue, being the other side of the world an all!
I know the coastal roads are full of them every bank holiday and school holidays....f* cking pain in the arse,never noticed them around Bala either ...Is that where you lived?

True (thank God!)
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:27 pm
Full Throttle

I know the coastal roads are full of them every bank holiday and school holidays....f* cking pain in the arse,never noticed them around Bala either ...Is that where you lived?

True (thank God!)
Lived in Rectum (Wrexham) for 10 years, then I was at school in Llandudno for 3 yrs, then the parents moved to Glan Conwy...

I used to go windsurfing on Bala...BLOODY cold
Ahh happy days.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:40 pm
Cheeky member

Lived in Rectum (Wrexham) for 10 years, then I was at school in Llandudno for 3 yrs, then the parents moved to Glan Conwy...

I used to go windsurfing on Bala...BLOODY cold
Ahh happy days.
Shithole ...you lived in the English parts then.

I spent many a cold school trip there...fantastic fun though...ahh..memories!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:45 pm
Full Throttle

Shithole ...you lived in the English parts then.

I spent many a cold school trip there...fantastic fun though...ahh..memories!
You are not worng about Wrexham being a bit of a hole - although Erddig Park (national trust) was great, and that was 5 mins walk form our house. Spent many happy hours climbing up, and falling out of trees!
Llandudno was just full of old people who smelt of piss.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:58 pm
Cheeky member

Llandudno was just full of old people who smelt of piss.
And full of peadophiles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.