Wikiposts

Last night's storms

Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last night's storms

Did anyone else get the storms last night ?

We have had thunder and lightening and massive downpours on and off (more on than off) for the last 6 hours that I know of and they're still going on.

Had one child up with me all that time scared and the other slept right the way through (how could she do that ?)

So now the two of us are exhausted and completely depressed having just realised it's only mid August !!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:35 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last night's storms

Originally Posted by ohippy

We have had thunder and lightening and massive downpours on and off (more on than off) for the last 6 hours that I know of and they're still going on.

Had one child up with me all that time scared and the other slept right the way through (how could she do that ?)

So now the two of us are exhausted and completely depressed having just realised it's only mid August !!
How bizzare we are in scotland and usually have the worst weather! it rained but no storm, my brother from manchester told me yesterday the weather was really bad their. Where are you? hope you and the littleun manage to grab a couple of hours sleep theres nothing worse when looking after children than feeling tired
A
xx
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acbh2
How bizzare we are in scotland and usually have the worst weather! it rained but no storm, my brother from manchester told me yesterday the weather was really bad their. Where are you? hope you and the littleun manage to grab a couple of hours sleep theres nothing worse when looking after children than feeling tired
A
xx
We're in Bristol. No sky signal either so not looking good for today with the three of us, tired and stuck in doors.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:47 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi yes it was terrible here, had them again this morning too and its bloody cold
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:57 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Bristol. No sky signal either so not looking good for today with the three of us, tired and stuck in doors.
Maybe the sky box just needs rebooting worked at sky technical for a few years till 6 months ago. Most of time it just needs rebooting.

If its a normal box and not sky+

1) Go into services and press 4 system set up.

2) Ignore next screen and press the numbers 0 then 1 followed by select.

3) then go down to number 6 and press select

4) press select twice until it says "now scanning please wait"

5) When it finishes press TV followed by Sky button.

For sky+ box

points 1 and 2 above then:

3) select 7 sky+ planner rebuild and press select and wait until it finishes box should go to red this is normal.

4) Press TV followed by sky button.

Good luck hope you get it fixed without needing an engineer
A
xx
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:00 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

What is a storm? What does a downpour look like? I have forgotten what they look like.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:52 pm

Maybe the sky box just needs rebooting worked at sky technical for a few years till 6 months ago. Most of time it just needs rebooting.

For sky+ box

3) select 7 sky+ planner rebuild and press select and wait until it finishes box should go to red this is normal.

A
xx
our sky box always goes off when there is a bad storm, cos we're in a valley see
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke
What is a storm? What does a downpour look like? I have forgotten what they look like.
i'll send you a bucket of ours
Old Aug 17th 2006, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

We had lots of rain last night too and something freaked the dog (perhaps it was thunder)I had to let him out at 5.30am.
We are still recovering from the storms and floods on Sunday night - the garage flooded, 5 inches of water in front garden and water up to front door step. We'd given up on carboot sale sunday morning brought everything back and put it in garage- by 6.30pm we were salvaging it out of garage and it's all still in my kitchen drying out
The garage is still wet in places so can't put anything back yet.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of light

For sky+ box

A
xx
Thanks for that, our sky box is always playing up .....so will try this

Michelle
Old Aug 18th 2006, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh no, my friends are on holiday in the Peak District so gutted to hear they would have had the storms too.

Every time we have a storm the sky goes off - it can't find a signal - came back after about an hour though so all was not lost.

It's now lovely and sunny and you'd never believed that last night/this morning happened.

Sorry to hear your garage flooded, at least it wasn't that bad here. See, there is always someone worse off
Old Aug 18th 2006, 4:17 am

Oh no, my friends are on holiday in the Peak District so gutted to hear they would have had the storms too.

Every time we have a storm the sky goes off - it can't find a signal - came back after about an hour though so all was not lost.

It's now lovely and sunny and you'd never believed that last night/this morning happened.

Sorry to hear your garage flooded, at least it wasn't that bad here. See, there is always someone worse off
the sun is out now
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:46 am
hairdresser, bristol X

emmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to beholdemmalina is a splendid one to behold

we are in bristol too - hoping to move to caloundra, living in downend at the moment - where abouts are you - oh and yes we got the storm x x x :scared:
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by emmalina
we are in bristol too - hoping to move to caloundra, living in downend at the moment - where abouts are you - oh and yes we got the storm x x x :scared:
In scotland and the storm is hitting us at the mo! though not lightening just yet
A
xx
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by emmalina
Pretty close to you - we're in Bradley Stoke. Off to Perth a week on Monday :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.