Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Last night I said goodbye to a special friend.....

Last night I said goodbye to a special friend.....

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Last night I said goodbye to a special friend.....

........and it broke my heart.
I have known Steve and Becky since the first day they arrived here in perth, and we immediately became friends. Becky can be the biggest pain in the ar*e (and have told her on many occasions), but I just couldnt help loving her.
We have been together through some good and bad times, we have laughed together, cried together and got pi**ed out of our heads together. I remember how estatic she was when she discovered she was pregnant, and waiting on tenderhooks last November, whilst Bex was in the hospital having Mia. I will miss her so much, and where ever she is in the world my love will be with her.
Steve and Bex flight took off this morning at 6am, and they will land at 7.30pm, London time tonight. The past 2 weeks has been a nightmare for them, and I just wish that it was in fact a real nightmare, that they will wake up from at any minute!!!
Steve and Becky.....................all the best my friends.

So,
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:22 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last night I said goodbye to a special friend.....

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I have known Steve and Becky since the first day they arrived here in perth, and we immediately became friends. Becky can be the biggest pain in the ar*e (and have told her on many occasions), but I just couldnt help loving her.
We have been together through some good and bad times, we have laughed together, cried together and got pi**ed out of our heads together. I remember how estatic she was when she discovered she was pregnant, and waiting on tenderhooks last November, whilst Bex was in the hospital having Mia. I will miss her so much, and where ever she is in the world my love will be with her.
Steve and Bex flight took off this morning at 6am, and they will land at 7.30pm, London time tonight. The past 2 weeks has been a nightmare for them, and I just wish that it was in fact a real nightmare, that they will wake up from at any minute!!!

So,
Sandra

Can't offer you any words of wisdom, just have a ((((hug))))
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Just shows you how your life can be turned upside down in such a short time. It was 2 weeks ago tommorrow, that Bex called me asking if I could have the kids as Steve had taken a bad turn on the flight back from the mines. We didnt realise then how serious things were. It wasnt until that night, when they too Steve own to surgery that alarm bells began to ring. Within days they received the news that would shake their world.

Becky really struggled here for the first year, and only really settled down during the past 6 months. She was happy, they both were, and they had said on a number of occasions that Perth was now 'home" for them.

I will miss her so much....................
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:43 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Just shows you how your life can be turned upside down in such a short time. It was 2 weeks ago tommorrow, that Bex called me asking if I could have the kids as Steve had taken a bad turn on the flight back from the mines. We didnt realise then how serious things were. It wasnt until that night, when they too Steve own to surgery that alarm bells began to ring. Within days they received the news that would shake their world.

Becky really struggled here for the first year, and only really settled down during the past 6 months. She was happy, they both were, and they had said on a number of occasions that Perth was now 'home" for them.

I feel for them both, i wont insult them by saying i know how they feel, coz i can't possible know how they feel, i just hope they get some comfort being back in the arms of their families
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 1:28 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I never had the privelage of meeting them, as you have... and many others.

I cant offer any words of wisdom, but my heart aches for them and their loved ones.

Thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Kept thinking of you Sandra as i know how close you have been.
Certainly is a sad sad time to say goodbye, I felt a bit of a coward as i drove round the roundabout lots of times with OH as we dreaded seeing them, more because we did not know what to say, then i thought about how brave they were being and it helped me face them.
His family are such lovely people and i wish i could help with their pain.

We wish them all the luck in the world and hope they find some comfort in the arms of their loved ones.

Di
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sandra

I just know you will be in floods of tears writing this ! Will be in touch tomorrow ! Remember she will know you were ( and are ) the best mate she could ever wish for x

Nicky

Last edited by nickyjohnt; Jul 22nd 2007 at 2:57 pm. Reason: pissed !!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:24 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

So,

Will be thinking of you Sandra and of course Becky and Steve......just devestating news

((((( ~~ HUGS ~~ ))))))
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:26 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

So,
That was lovely! I am sure when they read it they will think so too. I bet you will all stay in touch and I hope that you feel better soon. It is hard saying goodbye to close friends.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:58 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

((((((Hug)))))

We were taking about them on Saturday night, it surprised me how many people who had only meet Steve the once remembered him, but then that’s Steve!!
He's a great guy with a great sense of humour, which he hasn’t lost even in the face of all this.

I will miss picking him and Worzel up from the station and listening to their pissed giggling.

They have a very loving family around them now and I wish them both well.

Sam
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine how sad you must be feeling, Sandra. Not only has your closest friend left, but they've not left under good circumstances. Your heart must be breaking. What terribly cruel blows life can strike sometimes.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:26 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Never got the chance to meet Steve and Becky but wanted to - they both seem like lovely people and it's sad to think of what they are going through.
All the best to you aswell Sandra, just remember that you've been there for them and are a good friend to them too.
Tracey
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:12 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra

It must be really hard for you and all Steve and Beckys friends, not only do you have to get your heads round what they are going through but they have left with little notice so you haven't had time to prepare yourself for it. It's a lot to handle especially as you will feel that you have to be there to support them and shouldn't feel sorry for yourself.

Really great friends don't come along very often, and even though you are too far away for a real hug you wont stop being a great friend to both of them.

You'll feel better once you have spoken to them.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Hi Sandra

I just know you will be in floods of tears writing this ! Nicky

Thats an understatement!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Sandra

It must be really hard for you and all Steve and Beckys friends, not only do you have to get your heads round what they are going through but they have left with little notice so you haven't had time to prepare yourself for it. It's a lot to handle especially as you will feel that you have to be there to support them and shouldn't feel sorry for yourself.

Really great friends don't come along very often, and even though you are too far away for a real hug you wont stop being a great friend to both of them.

You'll feel better once you have spoken to them.
I hope Freddy is behaving himelf. He is such a lovely placid dog, did you know he was a rescue, had a bit of a tough life.
I would of had him, but Bex bought him around my house once and Lampard wouldnt let him through the door!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.