Lap Band Surgery

Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lap Band Surgery

Hi All,

After spending 1 and 1/2 at the dieticien and 1 hour with the psychologist I am exhausted. Dieticien went through everything from diet now to diet after the band. I am starting on optifast tomorrow for 2 meals and then 2 weeks before the surgery I will be on 3 optifast. mmmmmm.

Psychologist was really nice. She said that she was there to help with the transition as it is not easy. She said that the weight will come off but they want to make sure that you keep it off. Have to see her again before I have the surgery and then again 6 weeks after. Very good support from all.

Sunshine23
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Hi All,

After spending 1 and 1/2 at the dieticien and 1 hour with the psychologist I am exhausted. Dieticien went through everything from diet now to diet after the band. I am starting on optifast tomorrow for 2 meals and then 2 weeks before the surgery I will be on 3 optifast. mmmmmm.

Psychologist was really nice. She said that she was there to help with the transition as it is not easy. She said that the weight will come off but they want to make sure that you keep it off. Have to see her again before I have the surgery and then again 6 weeks after. Very good support from all.

Sunshine23
Sounds good, Sunshine. I like the idea of seeing a psychologist to help with the emotional part of the process. The dietician is good for the eating part, but you have to nourish your mind, too. Giving up a lot of the emotions that go along with our eating habits would be difficult I would think.

Have you got a date yet?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sounds good, Sunshine. I like the idea of seeing a psychologist to help with the emotional part of the process. The dietician is good for the eating part, but you have to nourish your mind, too. Giving up a lot of the emotions that go along with our eating habits would be difficult I would think.

Have you got a date yet?
Hi Dorothy,

Yeah I have to say the support that my surgeon has around him is fantastic. The good thing is that the psychilogist had a gastric bypass herself about 10 years ago and lost over 70 kilo's so she understands all this. When I spoke to my surgeon last week he was saying that I have to be commited to seeing him and the dieticien at least once a month for the next 12 months and then the psychologist wants to see me as well. So at least you are not given the band and told "Good Luck".

I went to a few seminars with different surgeons and he seemed to be the one that gave all the support and that is why I chose him also my doctor said he was the surgeon that he preffered me to go with because of the support,

I have not got a date yet. I go back to the surgeon on Wednesday to sort all that out but when I saw him last week he said I was looking at the end of January and thats only 8 weeks away.

I can't wait.

Sunshine23
Old Nov 26th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Went to see the surgeon today and are having the operation done on the 27/01/09 and can't wait to get it done.

Funny thing is we will have been on Australia exactly 2 years on the 28/01/09. So I will finally be starting my new life.

Sunshine23
Old Nov 26th 2008, 6:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No getting drunk on Australia Day then Hope it all goes well. Good luck with it.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Went to see the surgeon today and are having the operation done on the 27/01/09 and can't wait to get it done.

Funny thing is we will have been on Australia exactly 2 years on the 28/01/09. So I will finally be starting my new life.

Sunshine23
Congratulations, Sunshine. Second anniversary, starting on your new body - how exciting for you. Looking forward to hearing about your success, too.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Hi Sunshine

All going well. I had my first fill on Monday and he put 5ml in. I am currently back on liquids till the end of today which is normal after a fill. I saw the dietician Tuesday and now know what I can eat from tomorrow and she gave me some good ideas for meal choices and how to deal with different social situations.

I am now 10kg down from pre surgery weight and am starting to feel much better. It is a marathon not a sprint so still a way to go but 10kg is a great start. I have had to chuck 2 pairs of jeans out because they kept falling down. I didn't have to see a psychologist but the dietician just talks you through how things will be post surgery and what your diet will be like in the first month. I only saw mine 2 days before surgery due to her being so busy but she recommends Optifast for 2 weeks before surgery so be prepared for that, not all surgeons/dieticians recommend but if you are aware it won't be so much of a shock.

Onward and upward now, I am going to start going swimming next week so I can ease myself into the exercise slowly.

Good luck with the psychologist and the dietician, keep us up to date.
Congratulations on the new you Carol.

I suppose one of Vilma's banquets is now out of the question?

Not sure what she's up to but i have a funny feeling she is planning something big for my 60th............ me ......... well I stopped counting years ago cos they seem to come round a lot quicker these days
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Sunshine23
Congratulations. That time will fly by.

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Congratulations on the new you Carol.

I suppose one of Vilma's banquets is now out of the question?

Not sure what she's up to but i have a funny feeling she is planning something big for my 60th............ me ......... well I stopped counting years ago cos they seem to come round a lot quicker these days
Nice to see you here again my lovely. I would always be up for Vilma's food and I can still eat it but just not as much of it!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. That time will fly by.

Nice to see you here again my lovely. I would always be up for Vilma's food and I can still eat it but just not as much of it!
Hope everything goes well for you with your new 'me'; I'm sure it will.............. you can change your shape but please don't ever change your charming personality.

All the best.

Johnno aka Mr Cat
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:14 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everything goes well for you with your new 'me'; I'm sure it will.............. you can change your shape but please don't ever change your charming personality.

All the best.

Johnno aka Mr Cat
Us Northerners are all charming Mr Cat. Thankyou for the lovely comments
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Us Northerners are all charming Mr Cat. Thankyou for the lovely comments
No worries.

Where's Worzel and Aston man................... can't find any of their posts?
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:21 pm
Gutter Gob!!

No worries.

I have sent you some karma to explain, hope it makes sense.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:26 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

No worries.

Have PM'd you

Sam
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Please explain to me too .......
Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:18 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan
Please explain to me too .......
and me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.