Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies ... your favourite make up products/brands?

Originally Posted by accrington stanley View Post
oooh indooroopilly! we have a harrisons there! do you know it? maybe i could get something transferred up there to you....yeah perks of the job are great i havent bought anything since i got this job....wonder if estate agents get perks like this that would be good...wouldnt mind a free house hee hee! but seriously if you want owt let me know...i will always do a favour for a fellow pommie!xxx
yeah i do know it now you mention it (i'm always at indro, another favourite pastime!!). anything you have going i would be willing to try! only if it's no bother though, don't want you getting into strife or anything.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:19 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

i find that Natio products are really good...its an aussie brand...i use the smudgeproof mascara it's magic! i've cried many a times with this mascara on and no mascara runs down your face...thats the true test of a good mascara...if you cant tell youve been crying then its good stuff....also my hubby uses natio mens shave gel he says its the best hes ever used...no drag from the razor,it smells good and leaves his skin nice and soft! Natio is the way to go ladies!xxx
i bought a shedload of Natio when i was in Oz last August (my new sister in law thinks I'm insane...she might not be wrong!) but there were great promotions on! I haven't loved all of the products but certainly some of them are really nice. The Daintree products I really feel for though, i got really badly burned on the Barrier Reef and the sales assisstant in one of their shops put some body cream on my shoulder. I didn't think it would do much as it wasn't technically an aftersun but 20 minutes later all the redness was gone, wasn't sore any more and skin was perfect. I went back and bought a massive tub! Gorgeous stuff.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

accrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by weez75 View Post
Hey ladies you all seem to know your stuff!!! would love some of your advice on my skin....... it's very oily and spot prone ( been on antibiotics for it in the past ...they were pretty crap!!) any way i am worried with all the extra heat out there i am going to look like i have washed my face in a chip pan ... any recommendations ????
have you tried using Benzac? you can buy it off the shelf from any pharmacy but i have heard that it can dry your skin out quite a bit which is good in a way to get rid of the oil and bacteria...i know that some contraceptive pills ie dianette will help the hormonal imbalance that causes spots and doctors will prescribe this sometimes for that purpose only.... just throwing some ideas out there...dont know what you've tried or how severe your condition is? xxx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

accrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to allaccrington stanley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rabsody View Post
yeah i do know it now you mention it (i'm always at indro, another favourite pastime!!). anything you have going i would be willing to try! only if it's no bother though, don't want you getting into strife or anything.
no bother! i wont get in trouble...if they say no they say no..im cheeky and a bit of a golden girl so am good at getting stuff i want hee hee! what do ya want lass! xxx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Aw thanks, that's really sweet of you. I'm in Brisbane westside (near Indooroopilly?) and don't get down that way too often but if I do I will certainly pop in! I used to work in fine wine and got lots of freebies to try out ... freebies sure are a great perk of a job eh?!!!
fine wine freebies? yummie! haha!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

fine wine freebies? yummie! haha!
i would love to reciprocate with some lovely wine for you but i'm a lowly student now LOL!!!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

i would love to reciprocate with some lovely wine for you but i'm a lowly student now LOL!!!
awww shucks never mind im not that keen on wine anyway...one glass and im on mi arse! vodka is the one for me....and xxxx gold (i know its for girlies but thats wot i am!)
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

no bother! i wont get in trouble...if they say no they say no..im cheeky and a bit of a golden girl so am good at getting stuff i want hee hee! what do ya want lass! xxx
wowee!!!! thank you sooooooo much.

i will be happy with anything at all, i love trying new stuff. but if you do have any samples for either eyes (as in wrinkles) or a face cream with something like an AHA/retinol that rejuvinates top layer of skin or helps with wrinkles would be wonderful. feels like christmas all over again
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

wowee!!!! thank you sooooooo much.

i will be happy with anything at all, i love trying new stuff. but if you do have any samples for either eyes (as in wrinkles) or a face cream with something like an AHA/retinol that rejuvinates top layer of skin or helps with wrinkles would be wonderful. feels like christmas all over again
absolutely! shall i send the stuff to indooroopilly store and you can pick it up from there? oooh this sounds like im doing dodgy stuff! hee hee!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:05 am
"amuse me"

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I found this article and thought it might be of interest to some of you....

chemicals
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl View Post

chemicals
Hmm that's interesting, thanks for posting SGG. I watched a documentary recently about the chemicals that plastics release into the body from things like microwave meals, glad wrap, body lotions, cosmetics etc. They believe it is responsible for the drastic drop in sperm count in men in the last 20 or 30 years, and also possible the significant increases in cancer. (To demonstrate he put body lotion on and as it was absorbed he said where do you think all the chemicals from this product go? and when they tested his blood about five minutes after slathering himself, the chemicals present in the body lotion were present in his blood).

Individually these chemicals are not deemed harmful (because so little is released) but they don't know what happens when small amounts of different compounds are mixed in your bloodstream. Hence why they have pulled various kids toys and plastic bottles from the market recently in US and throughout Europe. Anyway, it was very interesting and very scary.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:37 am
"amuse me"

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm that's interesting, thanks for posting SGG. I watched a documentary recently about the chemicals that plastics release into the body from things like microwave meals, glad wrap, body lotions, cosmetics etc. They believe it is responsible for the drastic drop in sperm count in men in the last 20 or 30 years, and also possible the significant increases in cancer. (To demonstrate he put body lotion on and as it was absorbed he said where do you think all the chemicals from this product go? and when they tested his blood about five minutes after slathering himself, the chemicals present in the body lotion were present in his blood).

Individually these chemicals are not deemed harmful (because so little is released) but they don't know what happens when small amounts of different compounds are mixed in your bloodstream. Hence why they have pulled various kids toys and plastic bottles from the market recently in US and throughout Europe. Anyway, it was very interesting and very scary.
I think I saw the same programme, but as I was flaffing about, I wasn't concentrating too well. I did read that if you take a plastic water bottle out and leave it in the car, not to drink the water if it gets too warm. The plastic releases chemicals that are harmful into the water. Also, they say not to freeze any liquids in plastic bottles as well. So modern day living is quite a minefield in itself eh.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:26 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I remember discussing that article on another forum. There was also one not so long ago about a couple of girls (sisters, IIRC) that were addicted to cosmetics. One had serious issues judging by the number of times she reapplied her lipgloss and it can't be good for her.

I've got some good info on cosmetics ingredients - unfortunately only hard copy. I've got it ready to pack so maybe I could scan it one day when I've moved to Sydney and have nothing to do and no mates to do it with.

I've been trying to minimise the use of plastics for a while. I'm gradually moving all my foodsavers over to glass jars and I never refill water bottles; in Sg we have a water cooler and get 19L bottles delivered but I'm not going to do that when we move as obviously they are refilled. Never use clingfilm either. Still using foil for baking though (fish is all I do) as I can't seem to find parchment paper here.

Life is indeed a minefield. I have nothing but admiration for people who eliminate all these kinds of risks/grey areas as it's damn hard work. I do a tiny bit but figure it's better than doing nothing.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:32 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl View Post

chemicals
Very interesting - and also a great excuse to keep buying new make up.
Old make up is officially bad for you
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:49 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri View Post
Very interesting - and also a great excuse to keep buying new make up.
Old make up is officially bad for you
Because of the high humidity here in Singapore I'm very careful to replace any eye make-up regularly, especially mascara. I also sniff my cosmetics regularly and, if anything doesn't smell quite right, out it goes.

I would think it's necessary in Australia too - definitely in QLD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.