Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies ... can anyone recommend a good eye cream?

Ladies ... can anyone recommend a good eye cream?

Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:50 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies ... can anyone recommend a good eye cream?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why not? It's damn good stuff if you need an immediate effect. Probably wouldn't use it continuously but once, before an event you can't do better.
There's no stead fast reason - you just can't.
It's for yer arse no yer face wumman!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:11 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
It's for yer arse no yer face wumman!!
No - it's for tightening up loose bits of skin that are falling away from the rest of your body.....

..... I don't care which ring you have a 'loose skin' problem with!!!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:31 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when I had my tattoo done I was told to put preparation H on it. I thought I'd heard of it before but couldn't remember where. Goes into the chemist (it was full) and asks the assistant.
She goes round the back and shouts, very loudly, 'is it the cream you want or the suppositories?' I went bright red as I tried to tell her it was for a tattoo and I didn't have piles (don't think anyone believed me
Think I've still got some, might give it a try round my eyes!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Elemis pro collagen eye renewal. Have tried most over the years and although this is the most expensive it is by far the best I have tried. Worth the extra cash in my view.
Thanks everyone for all your tips and tricks of the trade

I think I am going to go with NB's suggestion of the Elemis (and will try the Estee Lauder next). I might even give the bum cream a go too for emergencies!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by audrey426
Apparently Eestee Lauders range excellent (little brown bottles with dropper)
There is an eye one , you put them all on at night. Night Repair - thats the name!
Yes, use this and then their highlighter pen - it's like magic my best find ever!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marvinc
Yes, use this and then their highlighter pen - it's like magic my best find ever!
Do you use the eye one or the one for all over your face?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb

P.S. DO NOT put arse cream on your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for butting in ladies (no pun intended) but I can only agree with the above comment and tell you about a friend of mine who made the same mistake. The side effects can be distressing.

As I say, a young woman I know was upset that she'd not had a date in quite some time. She was afraid she might have something wrong with her, so she decided to seek the medical expertise of a sex therapist.
Her doctor recommended that she see the well known Chinese sex therapist Dr. Chang.
So she organised an appointment and upon entering the examination room Dr. Chang said 'OK take off all your crose.' My friend did as she was told. 'Now get down and craw reery, reery fass to odderside of room.' Again my poor friend did as she was instructed. Dr. Chang then said 'OK, now craw reery, reery fass back to me.' So she did. Dr.Chang shook his head slowly and said 'Your probrem vewy bad. You haf Ed Zachary disease. Worse case I ever see. Dat why you not haf any dates.' Worried my friend asked anxiously 'Oh my God Dr. Chang what is Ed Zachary Disease? 'Dr. Chang sighed deeply and replied 'Ed Zachary Disease is when your face look Ed Zachary like your ass.'

PS. All (any ?) credit goes to Johnnyt from the barbie Joke thread.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rabsody
Evening gals! I'm on Strawberry Net and pondering which eye cream to purchase. I've really only ever used the supermarket ones like Olay and Garnier etc, and also Dermalogica, but I'm keen to try something different (don't mind splashing out).

Any recommendations/faves ladies?
The best one i have ever bought is the Estee Lauder eye cream, a bit pricey but def worth it!!

Debbie
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:22 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

To prove the bum cream point......,

OH and I both used it for a week before our wedding - he was 42, I was 35 - here is a photo:-
Attached Thumbnails Ladies ... can anyone recommend a good eye cream?-00-t-f-outside-welcome.jpg  
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:18 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Sorry for butting in ladies (no pun intended) but I can only agree with the above comment and tell you about a friend of mine who made the same mistake. The side effects can be distressing.

As I say, a young woman I know was upset that she'd not had a date in quite some time. She was afraid she might have something wrong with her, so she decided to seek the medical expertise of a sex therapist.
Her doctor recommended that she see the well known Chinese sex therapist Dr. Chang.
So she organised an appointment and upon entering the examination room Dr. Chang said 'OK take off all your crose.' My friend did as she was told. 'Now get down and craw reery, reery fass to odderside of room.' Again my poor friend did as she was instructed. Dr. Chang then said 'OK, now craw reery, reery fass back to me.' So she did. Dr.Chang shook his head slowly and said 'Your probrem vewy bad. You haf Ed Zachary disease. Worse case I ever see. Dat why you not haf any dates.' Worried my friend asked anxiously 'Oh my God Dr. Chang what is Ed Zachary Disease? 'Dr. Chang sighed deeply and replied 'Ed Zachary Disease is when your face look Ed Zachary like your ass.'

PS. All (any ?) credit goes to Johnnyt from the barbie Joke thread.
It wasn't wasted