Ladettes to Ladies

Old Jun 5th 2009, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ladettes to Ladies

I watched the first of the excellent Ladettes to Ladies programmes the other night (Channel 4 - yeh, I know!).

If you haven't seen it, it takes a small group of "out of control" girls and locks them in a country mansion to be groomed by some seriously scary posh birds. They learn ettiquete, deportment (balancing books on heads etc), how to host a dinner party (they use some of the local Hoorays, which is hilarious), prepare grouse etc. They show clips of how the girls behave "in real life" (getting completely pissed, getting 'em out for the boys, throwing up, screaming at other girls and fighting, poledancing etc) and follow them having to be proper. It is very interesting and funny how they comform slowly but surely over the series, with the first thing being having to wear the most disgusting uniform and no make up - yoiks. It is also however extremely unpleasant to watch as well, as my daughter is just 8 and I wouldn't like to think she would end up like this (as parents, none of us do).

I must admit that it was our weekly it-will-be-great-to-get-away-from-all-this-teenage-rubbish and go somewhere where kids are polite and happy ie Oz. HOWEVER, this series is about some Ozzie girls. I have to say that they have put the Brits in the shade and are completely obnoxious. The scenes of them clubbing and behaving out on the streets are pretty much the same as here. Obviously these girls are extreme and aren't representative of all teenagers before anyone points it out to me.

It is sobering to watch and worthwhile for all those with rose tinted specs who think that Oz teenagers surf all day!

Anyone else watch this series, or is it just me be voyieristic(?).
Old Jun 5th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladettes to Ladies

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
I watched the first of the excellent Ladettes to Ladies programmes the other night (Channel 4 - yeh, I know!).

If you haven't seen it, it takes a small group of "out of control" girls and locks them in a country mansion to be groomed by some seriously scary posh birds. They learn ettiquete, deportment (balancing books on heads etc), how to host a dinner party (they use some of the local Hoorays, which is hilarious), prepare grouse etc. They show clips of how the girls behave "in real life" (getting completely pissed, getting 'em out for the boys, throwing up, screaming at other girls and fighting, poledancing etc) and follow them having to be proper. It is very interesting and funny how they comform slowly but surely over the series, with the first thing being having to wear the most disgusting uniform and no make up - yoiks. It is also however extremely unpleasant to watch as well, as my daughter is just 8 and I wouldn't like to think she would end up like this (as parents, none of us do).

I must admit that it was our weekly it-will-be-great-to-get-away-from-all-this-teenage-rubbish and go somewhere where kids are polite and happy ie Oz. HOWEVER, this series is about some Ozzie girls. I have to say that they have put the Brits in the shade and are completely obnoxious. The scenes of them clubbing and behaving out on the streets are pretty much the same as here. Obviously these girls are extreme and aren't representative of all teenagers before anyone points it out to me.

It is sobering to watch and worthwhile for all those with rose tinted specs who think that Oz teenagers surf all day!

Anyone else watch this series, or is it just me be voyieristic(?).
Yeah, about 3 years ago.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all
Default Re: Ladettes to Ladies

I love the programme, cannot wait till next week. Will wait until the end of the show to decided whos worst the brits or oz girls.