Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Lack of toilets at Bars / Restaurants

Wikiposts

Lack of toilets at Bars / Restaurants

Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:13 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lack of toilets at Bars / Restaurants

Originally Posted by Deancm
They may be new and have a separate toilet but they are definitely not better built. The workmanship is quite shoddy on most (especially new) homes.
See post 37
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:14 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
See post 37
Yes, I did read that...

After I had already submitted that post.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:16 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Yes, I did read that...

After I had already submitted that post.
Crap when that happens
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Crap when that happens
Indeed.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

How unhygienic to go to the loo in one room. Open the door with dirty hands, close the door, open another door and go into another room, spreading germs as you go to wash your hands. A separate toilet should always have it's own basin.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fly Away
How unhygienic to go to the loo in one room. Open the door with dirty hands, close the door, open another door and go into another room, spreading germs as you go to wash your hands. A separate toilet should always have it's own basin.
Better yet, use toilet paper.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough

Going back to the original topic, there seems to be a general shortage of toilets in Australia, never mind just in cafes and restaurants. There are usually quite a good supply in larger shopping centres and garages are usually a good bet if in dire need, but general shops - like M & S, or Boots, or Tesco in the UK - are decidedly lacking.

One of the worst instances we've found was not a single customer loo in Toys R Us. Not one. Given that you have to drive quite a way to get to it here in Perth, and that it's out in the middle of nowhere, it makes sense to me to provide loos for the little customers. But when I asked if they had a customer loo for my dd, the profuse apology was accompanied by the explanation that they aren't "zoned" for it. Anyone explain that for me?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:21 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob12paws
Going back to the original topic, there seems to be a general shortage of toilets in Australia, never mind just in cafes and restaurants. There are usually quite a good supply in larger shopping centres and garages are usually a good bet if in dire need, but general shops - like M & S, or Boots, or Tesco in the UK - are decidedly lacking.

One of the worst instances we've found was not a single customer loo in Toys R Us. Not one. Given that you have to drive quite a way to get to it here in Perth, and that it's out in the middle of nowhere, it makes sense to me to provide loos for the little customers. But when I asked if they had a customer loo for my dd, the profuse apology was accompanied by the explanation that they aren't "zoned" for it. Anyone explain that for me?

Probably because they are not required to by the local council. Here on the Gold Coast the closeness of developers / landlords and the council is quite worrying - a stronger more independent council would in the long run be better for infrastructure than the get rich quick / cowboy attitude currently in favour.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:28 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
Probably because they are not required to by the local council. Here on the Gold Coast the closeness of developers / landlords and the council is quite worrying - a stronger more independent council would in the long run be better for infrastructure than the get rich quick / cowboy attitude currently in favour.
Amazing how countries and priorities differ - one girl on the Italian forum mentioned the fact that the sink had been removed from her bathroom by the previous owner to install a washing machine, the bidet however had been left intact !
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:28 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rob12paws

We went to a party in a park that had two nice toilets both disabled both locked so had to have shuttle bus to local pub every time a toilet was needed. Physically advantaged people obviously don't have the urge to go as they seemed to have forgot the toilets for them.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Amazing how countries and priorities differ - one girl on the Italian forum mentioned the fact that the sink had been removed from her bathroom by the previous owner to install a washing machine, the bidet however had been left intact !
Well you can wash your hands in a bidet, but you can't wash your bum in a sink....
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by annqldau
We went to a party in a park that had two nice toilets both disabled both locked so had to have shuttle bus to local pub every time a toilet was needed. Physically advantaged people obviously don't have the urge to go as they seemed to have forgot the toilets for them.
Who needs toilets when there are plenty of trees...
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that many public toilets in Sydney seem to be inhabited my smackheads, could be a factor.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
The fact that many public toilets in Sydney seem to be inhabited my smackheads, could be a factor.
You know it is wrong to smack your kids. Unless they can't sleep, then a gram or so is ok.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
You know it is wrong to smack your kids. Unless they can't sleep, then a gram or so is ok.
Heroin is so passe!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.