Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Lack of Good Frying Pans in Oz?

Lack of Good Frying Pans in Oz?

Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lack of Good Frying Pans in Oz?

My wife (who has been a little bit uncertain of late with the moving to Oz thing) has just convinced me that she is now up for it.

On returning from work, she announced that she had bought a few things to take with us to see us through until the container arrives.

Good I thought, so little bits to make the first few days and weeks a bit easier - you know home comforts.

What does she pull out of the bag - the biggest and heaviest frying pan you have ever sean! Its going to take half our baggage allowance for sure.

But I'm going to be a good husband and tell her that it is very thoughtful and will come in soooo useful.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lack of Good Frying Pans in Oz?

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
My wife (who has been a little bit uncertain of late with the moving to Oz thing) has just convinced me that she is now up for it.

On returning from work, she announced that she had bought a few things to take with us to see us through until the container arrives.

Good I thought, so little bits to make the first few days and weeks a bit easier - you know home comforts.

What does she pull out of the bag - the biggest and heaviest frying pan you have ever sean! Its going to take half our baggage allowance for sure.

But I'm going to be a good husband and tell her that it is very thoughtful and will come in soooo useful.

Ouch!!!!............ hope she doesn't hit you with a Bessemar?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Think I'm on the same wavelength as your wife found myself in asda yesterday gazing at the frying pans, thinking I must get some new ones to take with me

Cant afford them at the minute so they'll have to wait (but they are on offer )

You cant beat a good frying pan, can you
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Who is Sean?????????
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olias
Who is Sean?????????
............. Connery?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it was Shaun

Good job I don't have to do dat Inglish test thang.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:49 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olias
Who is Sean?????????
Good question
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

We've got frying pans here

A couple of weeks ago me and The Iceman went shopping to buy him a new pair of shoes. After we had finished at the shoe shop he says to me "do you want to go anywhere else". I don't believe in going shopping without checking out the throw out table at target, you never know what bargain you might pick up.

Sitting on that throw out table was a battered box of saucepans marked down from $263 to $100 with a little ticket saying 2 lids missing. I got it home, checked it out, no lids missing and believe it or not there were three frying pans.

So there you go, we don't only have frying pans we have saucepans too
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:40 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BayWhale
We've got frying pans here

A couple of weeks ago me and The Iceman went shopping to buy him a new pair of shoes. After we had finished at the shoe shop he says to me "do you want to go anywhere else". I don't believe in going shopping without checking out the throw out table at target, you never know what bargain you might pick up.

Sitting on that throw out table was a battered box of saucepans marked down from $263 to $100 with a little ticket saying 2 lids missing. I got it home, checked it out, no lids missing and believe it or not there were three frying pans.

So there you go, we don't only have frying pans we have saucepans too
with lids lol
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Olias;5104797]Who is Sean?????????[/QUOT

Don't be picky!!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

I don't think I ever used a frying pan in Aus

It all went on the barbi
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:43 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom
I don't think I ever used a frying pan in Aus

It all went on the barbi
omlettes?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
omlettes?
Hitting the wife with?