Kindle Questions?!

Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:55 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindle Questions?!

Originally Posted by cresta57
Have you looked at removing the DRM on kindle e books yet? I've bought a few titles recently so has the O/H & while the wife is reading her book I wanted to read mine on the PC. Freaking Amazon won't let me read the book I've bought on anything other than the kindle, now I have to spring for another Kindle or resort to pirate software to read something I've bought & paid for.
I'd suggest if Amazon can't or won't play ball you let your google fingers do the walking to the latest Calibre plugins and enforce your right to do what you want with your property - and remove the DRM infection.

Note, its wrong to call deleting DRM 'piracy' - its enforcing user rights against infringement by the company. A physical book can be moved around as you see fit, and you are paying as much (if not more) than that.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:20 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindle Questions?!

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Do you NEED a US one? Are they cheaper than buying in Big W?
Kindle prices are similar, the books are a lot cheaper, depending upon how you look at it. For example; U.S price for a book is often < $9.00 for a latest release, the Australian rip off equivalent is closer to $16 for the same title. $7 bucks isn't a great amount of cash, however, percentage wise the rip off represents a 60% surcharge simply for living in Australia.
Originally Posted by GarryP
I'd suggest if Amazon can't or won't play ball you let your google fingers do the walking to the latest Calibre plugins and enforce your right to do what you want with your property - and remove the DRM infection.

Note, its wrong to call deleting DRM 'piracy' - its enforcing user rights against infringement by the company. A physical book can be moved around as you see fit, and you are paying as much (if not more) than that.
The problem was solved far easier by just buying the O/H her own Kindle. I tried the latest plugins & they last a few weeks before failing. It's a grind you down kind of situation whereby time spent searching, installing, understanding & updating the plug-in software was better spent just earning the cash to buy the second Kindle lol