Kindle

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:19 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindle

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Yes, that's what has put me off so far as well - that so few books are available in Australia.

I know Spalen wrote that there are ways around it, but if you're that savvy ....

I shall see how Polly gets on with hers.
Its not "So few" its like USA Amazon store 650,000 total books Aus Amazon Store 450,000 available books. Its not even "the latest books" arent available - its some random split by dufus australian publishers who wont play ball.

Amazon made a big concession a while back which increased substantially the aus publications. But like I said above - it is the work of a few seconds to change your amazon profile account address to USA address and get the book you want then switch back to the Aussie address.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:22 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding from the Kindle forum is that the address that matters to Amazon is that on your credit card account.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Eloisa will become famous soon enough

Hmm, maybe.

I have an Australian bank account linked to Amazon.Com and an English credit card linked to Amazon.co.uk. I can switch between both accounts.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:27 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
My understanding from the Kindle forum is that the address that matters to Amazon is that on your credit card account.
whirlpoolers swear that its the physical postage address which can be "The hilton hotel - new york new york " with a regular aussie credit card.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I still have an UK credit card which is the one that Amazon UK have. It's the American part which would be desirable and more iffy!
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:30 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spalen
whirlpoolers swear that its the physical postage address which can be "The hilton hotel - new york new york " with a regular aussie credit card.
It's Catch 22: to find out I have to fork out my $400 first!
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
I have a UK card with an Aussie address on Amazon, I think that's the one I bought the kindle with (rather than the Aussie one with the Aussie address). So the Kindle was bought with an Aus billing address but delivered to a UK address, and everything I've bought while here has been on the card with the Aus address!
I'm totally confused already However its still working which is good!
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

I just tried to buy a book for my Kindle that was not available in Australia. I went into my amazon UK account, changed my address to a UK one and downloaded the book using the same aussie credit card I always use. Once book was downloaded to the kindle, I changed address back to my australian one - no problems
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Humour me please Am starting to think this could be a good christmas pressie for 'them' to get me so let me get this right.

I (they) order one from Amazon US - international one? I set up an account with Amazon UK (or US??) using an Australian credit card and can then buy books by going into the account details, changing my address to a UK one or a US one, order the book, then go back into the account details and put the address back to my Australian real address. Is that it in a nutshell?
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Thats exactly it MP - easy peasy
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:43 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melibeam
I just tried to buy a book for my Kindle that was not available in Australia. I went into my amazon UK account, changed my address to a UK one and downloaded the book using the same aussie credit card I always use. Once book was downloaded to the kindle, I changed address back to my australian one - no problems
Brilliant I'll leave mine set with the UK address I got it delivered to, and only change it if I'm buying something for Aus delivery. Thanks heaps!!

(I can see what'll happen now, I'll start buying cds or something, forget to change the address and Bernie will end up with a letter box full of my junk )
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 12:09 pm
ah-beng

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Brilliant I'll leave mine set with the UK address I got it delivered to, and only change it if I'm buying something for Aus delivery. Thanks heaps!!

(I can see what'll happen now, I'll start buying cds or something, forget to change the address and Bernie will end up with a letter box full of my junk )
Pol -= the one "gotcha" is with the 3g ones - if you have a UK address in your account, and you are in Australia using the 3g to download books/etc then you will be charged the extra 2$ 'whispernet' fee for 'roaming'

on wifi it doesnt apply - only on the 3g models
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 12:15 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by spalen
Pol -= the one "gotcha" is with the 3g ones - if you have a UK address in your account, and you are in Australia using the 3g to download books/etc then you will be charged the extra 2$ 'whispernet' fee for 'roaming'

on wifi it doesnt apply - only on the 3g models
Mine is the 3G one, but I reckon I can cope with the $2
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I (they) order one from Amazon US - international one? I set up an account with Amazon UK (or US??) using an Australian credit card and can then buy books by going into the account details, changing my address to a UK one or a US one, order the book, then go back into the account details and put the address back to my Australian real address. Is that it in a nutshell?

That is officially your most confusing post ever. I don't even understand the question.

So you want to use a Oz credit card to buy a US Kindle for someone in the UK. And then the recipient would want to use a UK credit card to buy US books?

JTL
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:51 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm beginning to be sorry I started this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.