British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about Aussies...do you feel the same? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/kind-thing-drives-me-nuts-about-aussies-do-you-feel-same-586609/)

tictac Jan 26th 2009 2:47 pm

Re: This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about Aussies...do you feel the sam

Originally Posted by copa (Post 7216010)
the irony of this post is sublime...

On what count, oh wise one?

MartinLuther Jan 26th 2009 9:41 pm

Re: This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts about Aussies...do you feel the sam

You can tell it was Aussie Day yesterday :sneaky: :D

Centurion Jan 26th 2009 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by tictac (Post 7215668)
which given the country's origins is not entirely surprising.

You had to go and spoil a perfectly reasonable post with that.

tictac Jan 26th 2009 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 7217201)
You had to go and spoil a perfectly reasonable post with that.

Why? It's not intended to be malicious in any way and neither are any of my other points.

There are bound to be a few "rascals" with dubious backgrounds, as I guess there would be in any society?

Oz wannabe1 Mar 12th 2009 5:01 am

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK (Post 7215870)
With all due respect, have you ever lived in Australia long enough to be able to formulate an informed opinion (i.e. recent living experience)?

The OP (whether right or wrong) probably has a better insight than yourself into the habits and behaviours of some Australians?

You really should read the post carefully my friend :unsure:
I was questioning why shouldn't they be proud and then stated if as Brits we were more proud etc. You are right, I havn't lived in Oz which is why my final sentence states, I can't wait to get to Oz to see why they are so proud Ok?;)

I am not having a go at you just making a point. :cool:

australiamaybe Mar 13th 2009 4:34 pm

The Australians express an over bearing pride in their country the Scottish have an over bearing pride in some false notion that they are something special.

desperatehousewife Mar 13th 2009 4:41 pm

whats false about it ?

Lindsay x

kporte Mar 13th 2009 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by australiamaybe (Post 7377787)
The Australians express an over bearing pride in their country the Scottish have an over bearing pride in some false notion that they are something special.

Can you tell us where you are from, so we can make up some ill informed crap about your country please?

desperatehousewife Mar 13th 2009 5:13 pm

well said kporte but don't expect an answer, though maybe I've turned a stone?

Lets see

Lindsay x

australiamaybe Mar 13th 2009 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by kporte (Post 7377814)
Can you tell us where you are from, so we can make up some ill informed crap about your country please?

Scotland:p

desperatehousewife Mar 13th 2009 5:22 pm

and it appears I have

australiamaybe Mar 13th 2009 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife (Post 7377795)
whats false about it ?

Lindsay x

Bathgate...

busterboy Mar 13th 2009 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by kporte (Post 7377814)

Wherever he is from ...they are missing a moron.

desperatehousewife Mar 13th 2009 5:37 pm

:D

australiamaybe Mar 13th 2009 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife (Post 7377866)
:D

Yeah they do that in Bathgate, you know just grin. They dribble as well but I suppose there is no smiley for that yet.