Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Killed my first Cane Toad Today

Killed my first Cane Toad Today

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:08 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Killed my first Cane Toad Today

Err... they're everywhere in QLD. Female lays up 30,000 eggs a year, and even the tadpoles are poisonous. Wait for some rain out of the city , and they'll be all over the road.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:37 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be on here, its part of the terms and conditions.

Originally Posted by KLF
You are an idiot!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:38 pm

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

This is worth a watch if you have access to uknova.

Wildlife on Two - The Australian Cane Toad
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Oh god, if i saw one i would puke. Don't think i'd have the courage to kill it, even though i would want to.
I haven't had the pleasure of meeting one yet and i don't intend to. Urghhhh, makes me shudder thinking of them
No need to worry, we don't have them in WA - YET.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice 1 Rebecca Hows Misty doing
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute

HI there i have a friend in Aus who puts them in a bucket and sprinkles salt over them works apparently I expect she puts a heavy lid on the bucket lol
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:24 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
No need to worry, we don't have them in WA - YET.
there supposedly covering 40k a year so it`ll be a while yet
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:06 am

And when they do get to Perth they will get home sick due to the isolation and want to go home

Originally Posted by steve`o
there supposedly covering 40k a year so it`ll be a while yet
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:20 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themerlin
And when they do get to Perth they will get home sick due to the isolation and want to go home
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:08 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hilary6
Nice 1 Rebecca Hows Misty doing
Fine thanks - chewing everything in sight including 2 library books Just as well she is cute - costing us a small fortune.
Attached Thumbnails Killed my first Cane Toad Today-sleepymisty.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

shes gorgeous
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:47 am
Just Joined

col_johnson is an unknown quantity at this point

Usta have a mate who'd shoot 'em with an air rifle, but the pellets would just bounce off. Ended up with the 9 iron, which seemed to work fairly well.
When I was a lad and a smoker, I'd flick my butts (ciggie) at them when I was finished.... they're so dumb, they just swallow them immediately. Don't seem to like 'em once they've swallowed them tho.
The Aussie sport seems to be running over them on the highway. Careful of oncoming traffic tho.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Originally Posted by col_johnson
Usta have a mate who'd shoot 'em with an air rifle, but the pellets would just bounce off. Ended up with the 9 iron, which seemed to work fairly well.
When I was a lad and a smoker, I'd flick my butts (ciggie) at them when I was finished.... they're so dumb, they just swallow them immediately. Don't seem to like 'em once they've swallowed them tho.
The Aussie sport seems to be running over them on the highway. Careful of oncoming traffic tho.
All toads eat on sight, so if it moves in front of them then they eat it, if they don't like it they turn their stomachs inside out and scrape it off with their front feet.

Cut the grass at night its messy
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:36 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
This is worth a watch if you have access to uknova.

Wildlife on Two - The Australian Cane Toad
similar program on here the other night, said they have even found dead crocodiles with them inside.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:50 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Fine thanks - chewing everything in sight including 2 library books Just as well she is cute - costing us a small fortune.
Hi Rebecca, she looks gorgeous...I'll have to pop over for a cuddle (with Mitsy) Lol. Happy New yEAR Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.