Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Kids in their knightwear

Kids in their knightwear

Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids in their knightwear

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Why? why is it disgusting? We were born nude. There are just as many germs on a bare foot as on the sole of a shoe! Granted the foot is not protected and could step on some glass or sharp object and get hurt...but hey I would walk around in bare feet all the time if I could and I am not in oz yet. I walk around in flip flops all the time already!
I must admit I would be cautious in oz but only because of the spiders and snakes but how many of those do you see? I mean they are more scared of us aren't they? and if they aren't they should be!
I spent a large portion of my childhood naked with my hippy parents (!) so I understand where you are coming with the whole born naked thing but I just think it's inappropriate in a hospital, both from a hygiene perspective and it's just not nice!

My daughter is one of those who has been hurt with glass while going barefoot in parks etc, but go for your life if it suits you.

Out of interest, would you wander into a public toilet with no shoes then if it's so natural?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
I spent a large portion of my childhood naked with my hippy parents (!) so I understand where you are coming with the whole born naked thing but I just think it's inappropriate in a hospital, both from a hygiene perspective and it's just not nice!

My daughter is one of those who has been hurt with glass while going barefoot in parks etc, but go for your life if it suits you.

Out of interest, would you wander into a public toilet with no shoes then if it's so natural?
A sign of the times unfortunately; is that we have to be aware of syringes laying around in public places too!!!!!

I don't mean in the hospitals....... i mean on the pavement, in car parks, in parks and gardens etc.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I just think it's inappropriate in a hospital, both from a hygiene perspective and it's just not nice!
I still don't understand why it's more disgusting or inappropriate from a hygiene perspective. Please explain.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I still don't understand why it's more disgusting or inappropriate from a hygiene perspective. Please explain.
For much the same reason that I wouldn't go barefoot in a public toilet. Hospitals are places were people piss, shit, vomit, bleed etc etc all over the place - they are sick after all! Sure I know the wards aren't swimming in it but why take the risk?

Also, it just seems a bit disrespectful, i'm not entirely sure why (and I don't have time to analyse as I'm supposed to be studying!), but much in the same way that if I saw someone going to a church wedding barefoot or at a funeral barefoot I would think it was inappropriate.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Thought that this was going to be a thread about Knightrider. Or Sir Lancelot.
Had a few Bacardis when I put this post up...............hence the spelling!!!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Larissa
Nah, it's cool Sandra.
I must admit I wouldn't bother doing this at Whitfords as it's just hectic, but if it was late and I needed something, I wouldn't think twice about taking the kids in their jarmmies... not my eldest as she'd be too shy though. Usually they fall asleep in the car and then you can just transfer them sleeping to their bed.
You should try it with Jake and Toby
Larissa!!!! Where ya been???

couldnt quite imagine my two out in their PJ's eh....................mind you dont think they have worn PJ's for about 5 years!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Perthforme
No your just old
Am I???? Thought I was only 25!!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

For much the same reason that I wouldn't go barefoot in a public toilet. Hospitals are places were people piss, shit, vomit, bleed etc etc all over the place - they are sick after all! Sure I know the wards aren't swimming in it but why take the risk?

Also, it just seems a bit disrespectful, i'm not entirely sure why (and I don't have time to analyse as I'm supposed to be studying!), but much in the same way that if I saw someone going to a church wedding barefoot or at a funeral barefoot I would think it was inappropriate.
I sort of see the your reasoning, but aside from the disrespectful angle, the only people who are maybe at risk are those with no shoes, no you, not the patients or workers in the hospital so I go back to my initial question - why should it bother anyone else. There are stacks of "unsavoury" people out there doing stuff that I would never dream of doing but as long as it doesn't harm me or mine, it's none of my business and I couldn't give a monkeys. This particular "offence" is totally legal so get on with your life and your standards and leave others to live their lives as they wish.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future

I'm sorry but kids out in there PJ's at nite bothers me far less than trousers worn as" harry high pants" and sandals with socks ...ew!!!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

I sort of see the your reasoning, but aside from the disrespectful angle, the only people who are maybe at risk are those with no shoes, no you, not the patients or workers in the hospital so I go back to my initial question - why should it bother anyone else. There are stacks of "unsavoury" people out there doing stuff that I would never dream of doing but as long as it doesn't harm me or mine, it's none of my business and I couldn't give a monkeys. This particular "offence" is totally legal so get on with your life and your standards and leave others to live their lives as they wish.
It's all Sandie Shaw's fault
Attached Thumbnails Kids in their knightwear-barefoot.jpg  
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The OH
It's all Sandie Shaw's fault
I hope her mum doesn't have cream carpets
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I hope her mum doesn't have cream carpets
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Excuse me, how am I not getting on with my life or leaving others to live theirs exactly? You asked me to explain why I didn't like people going barefoot in hospitals so I did. It doesn't mean I am out there mounting a campaign to get it stopped or that I am confronting those who chose to go barefoot. I am entitled to my opinion so why don't you get off your moral high horse and don't waste my time asking for my thoughts when it's simply an avenue to prove your noble superiority. Well done.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Excuse me, how am I not getting on with my life or leaving others to live theirs exactly? You asked me to explain why I didn't like people going barefoot in hospitals so I did. It doesn't mean I am out there mounting a campaign to get it stopped or that I am confronting those who chose to go barefoot. I am entitled to my opinion so why don't you get off your moral high horse and don't waste my time asking for my thoughts when it's simply an avenue to prove your noble superiority. Well done.
Good grief where did you get that from I wasn't attempting to be on a moral highground or try and be superior at all. It was a simple question because I honestly don't see the difference. You seem to have got stressed by someone with bare feet and now even more stressed with me. I was simply voicing my opinion that there are some things in life that are worth ignoring and others that need getting wound up by. You and I obviously want to stress about different things. And I basically can't be arsed to write a disclaimer on every post I make that when I say "you" I don't mean it personally I mean it generally. I apologise. The written word sometimes just doesn't work

Oh and I did say that I sort of saw where you were coming from on one bit.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:09 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Kids in their knightwear

Unless you have an open wound of some sort, walking barefoot in a hospital is no more unhygienic than walking barefoot in your own lounge.

I will never understand the Pommie aversion to bare feet. It defies all logic, reason and common sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.