Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Kids in their knightwear

Kids in their knightwear

Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids in their knightwear

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I saw an adult in Currambine market car park last year, in his dressing gown and slippers!
That was me............... I just fancied a quick butty but ended up getting Wok-In-A-Box
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bobcat
That was me............... I just fancied a quick butty but ended up getting Wok-In-A-Box
You want to live in Dublin and its not only the kids going out in there pj's. The mothers are worse go to the shops in them, it seems to be a new fashion trend. As for the bare feet my 9yr. old daughter will love that. She hates wearing shoes. I can just imagine me trying to get a pair of shoes on that one when I get there.

Sandra
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sandav
You want to live in Dublin and its not only the kids going out in there pj's. The mothers are worse go to the shops in them, it seems to be a new fashion trend. As for the bare feet my 9yr. old daughter will love that. She hates wearing shoes. I can just imagine me trying to get a pair of shoes on that one when I get there.

Sandra
Yea, all my friends live in town and it's common to see adults in the pub at night in their P.J's
Tracie
Old Aug 11th 2007, 12:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've become Aussie. I have a pair of "sleep pants" I wear all the time, even when we're running to the shops. They look like men's PJ pants only they're a really ugly blue and lime green flower pattern. And I have been known to drive my kids to school in my flannel pjs with a jacket thrown over the top. I don't do the bare feet thing, though. My feet are cold all the time, even in summer, so I wear my floppy slippers instead.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 1:32 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Was working late night at Whitfords last night amd was amazed to see so many little kids, out with their parents, in just their PJ's.
Is it just me or do others find this odd??
We've taken Maryann to the Movies in PJ's and I've been known to go to the shops in my slippers

As for the bere foot thing - it does bother me, I perfer to wear shoes but in the summer my daughter will go out without shoes although I do make her were them if we are going shopping

Sam
Old Aug 11th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a whole family in bare feet yesterday at Ocean Keys, it was peeing down all day. There feet must of been frozen
Also one of the young lads John picks up for work never wears shoes until he gets to work, ran out of his house the other day and stood in dog poo

Nicky
Old Aug 11th 2007, 4:53 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Arise from thy bed Sir Kiddie-wink!

Yes, shopping in bare feet - dirty b*****ds
Old Aug 11th 2007, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sam
yeap

and still i'm amazed at the bare feet
I find the bare feet thingy horrible. I saw a whole family (mum, dad, 2 kiddies) trailing through shopping mall with no shoes on. The dads feet were disgusting, all cracked and long brown toe-nails.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I find the bare feet thingy horrible. I saw a whole family (mum, dad, 2 kiddies) trailing through shopping mall with no shoes on. The dads feet were disgusting, all cracked and long brown toe-nails.
Don't look then I know I've said this before but what other people wear or don't wear should be of sod all notice of anyone else. I couldn't care less if someone's kid is going to walk in dog poo or cut their foot, they're not my concern. Some people don't wash their hair but again so what? unless you're going to play footsie with anyone bare foot then look away.

Bare feet in a shopping mall is no more unhygenic than wearing shoes unless the person is sleeping in your bed.

As for kids in pj's - again so what, they've had their tea, ready for bed and mum or dad or both want to go out for something then all in the car and off you go. People really do get their knickers in a twist about how strangers live their lives - now that seems odd to me. God give me strength.

Disclaimer: general you not specific you blah blah blah
Old Aug 11th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've ever taken my kids out in their PJ's, I always make sure we have everything we need before nightfall...however, if one kid became ill and we needed to run to the chemist AND Hub was out, then yeah, we would... In fact, I'd probably pop my own on as well so they didn't feel daft!

No shoes...not for my kids or me - littlest 'un cut her foot once (going through her 'refusing to wear footwear phase' )and the resulting infection was a nightmare...as was the tetanus jab she had to have...

Whatever anyone else wants to do is entirely up to them and I do not pass judgement. To be honest I'm far too busy juggling my own life to notice what anyones wearing...each to their own and all that...
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:24 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
Nah, it's cool Sandra.
I must admit I wouldn't bother doing this at Whitfords as it's just hectic, but if it was late and I needed something, I wouldn't think twice about taking the kids in their jarmmies... not my eldest as she'd be too shy though. Usually they fall asleep in the car and then you can just transfer them sleeping to their bed.
You should try it with Jake and Toby
Same here - I've taken my daughter (7 years old!) to Woolies of an evening in her nightie (she had to make sure it was on of her best nighties though!! )
Old Aug 11th 2007, 11:45 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
Arise from thy bed Sir Kiddie-wink!

Yes, shopping in bare feet - dirty b*****ds
and theres more, spotted 2 teens this morning wearing PJ's tucking into their McMuffin - and I thought McD's had a dress code.....

dirty slobettes
Old Aug 11th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Where I live, its quite common in some areas to see teenage girls walking round in their pyjamas and slippers

The other day I saw 2 girls of about 15 running across the road in their pj's and it was mid afternoon

I find that odd but don't have a poroblem with little ones in their pyjamas or people with bare feet. I wouldnt do it only because I have sensitive feet and would be scared I stood on anything anyway
Old Aug 11th 2007, 3:01 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't look then I know I've said this before but what other people wear or don't wear should be of sod all notice of anyone else. I couldn't care less if someone's kid is going to walk in dog poo or cut their foot, they're not my concern. Some people don't wash their hair but again so what? unless you're going to play footsie with anyone bare foot then look away.

Bare feet in a shopping mall is no more unhygenic than wearing shoes unless the person is sleeping in your bed.

As for kids in pj's - again so what, they've had their tea, ready for bed and mum or dad or both want to go out for something then all in the car and off you go. People really do get their knickers in a twist about how strangers live their lives - now that seems odd to me. God give me strength.

Disclaimer: general you not specific you blah blah blah
doesn't bother me either. most mornings I drop my eldest off at school and I have my PJs on under my coat!!! Pikeys are us
Old Aug 11th 2007, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Was working late night at Whitfords last night amd was amazed to see so many little kids, out with their parents, in just their PJ's.
Is it just me or do others find this odd??
thought this was about kids dressing up as sir lancelot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.