British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Kids in their knightwear (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/kids-their-knightwear-473084/)

sj oldfield Aug 10th 2007 12:55 pm

Kids in their knightwear

Was working late night at Whitfords last night amd was amazed to see so many little kids, out with their parents, in just their PJ's.
Is it just me or do others find this odd??

Sam Aug 10th 2007 1:00 pm

Re: Kids in their knightwear

Originally Posted by sj oldfield (Post 5172565)
Was working late night at Whitfords last night amd was amazed to see so many little kids, out with their parents, in just their PJ's.

yeap

and still i'm amazed at the bare feet:eek:

sj oldfield Aug 10th 2007 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 5172583)
yeap

Though maybe it was just me that thought this is odd!! The only time my kids had their PJ's on was when they were bathed and ready for bed!!! maybe I am just oldfashioned!!! LOL

lor Aug 10th 2007 1:10 pm

yeap

:rofl:

Haven't seen many in bare feet, but usually on the early morning school run.I'll often see a young chinese lad in his Jim Jams.

:eek:Or should I say being wedge by his,as there well over his top and rather on the high waisted side.

Sam Aug 10th 2007 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by lor (Post 5172625)

Haven't seen many in bare feet, but usually on the early morning school run.I'll often see a young chinese lad in his Jim Jams.

:eek:Or should I say being wedge by his,as there well over his top and rather on the high waisted side.

Well if your old fashioned then so am i:eek: I dont let my kids out in Jim Jams either, or bare feet

oh if you want to see loads of shoppers in bare feet head to either Armadale Shopping centre, Gosnells, Kelmscott and you even get a few in Midland!:eek::rofl:

Ozzidoc Aug 10th 2007 1:29 pm

Thought that this was going to be a thread about Knightrider. Or Sir Lancelot.

Sam Aug 10th 2007 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 5172678)
Thought that this was going to be a thread about Knightrider. Or Sir Lancelot.

:rofl::rofl:

Larissa Aug 10th 2007 1:49 pm

Nah, it's cool Sandra.
I must admit I wouldn't bother doing this at Whitfords as it's just hectic, but if it was late and I needed something, I wouldn't think twice about taking the kids in their jarmmies... not my eldest as she'd be too shy though. Usually they fall asleep in the car and then you can just transfer them sleeping to their bed.
You should try it with Jake and Toby :D

Rete Aug 10th 2007 1:50 pm

Were they in full armour? With headgear and shields? Thought those suits of armour for knights came with footwear?:rofl:

Vegemite Aug 10th 2007 2:00 pm

Geez, here we go again...
Who really cares if people don't wear shoes? Does it really truly matter THAT much?

Tiawamutu Aug 10th 2007 2:09 pm

I saw an adult in Currambine market car park last year, in his dressing gown and slippers! :eek:

Tiawamutu Aug 10th 2007 2:13 pm

yeap

I know, it's horrible... :thumbdown:

...and some of the men look like hobbits :lol:

Don't like to see young children with bare feet. You don't know what's on the ground. They could cut themselves! Also doesn't give the growing bones in their feet much support :blink:

Tiawamutu Aug 10th 2007 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Vegemite (Post 5172809)
Geez, here we go again...
Who really cares if people don't wear shoes? Does it really truly matter THAT much?

It's a matter of opinion.......which is what this forum is all about......geez :D

Tiggs+Graz Aug 10th 2007 3:14 pm

I must be odd then :o - if i am heading out shopping late in the evening then i bath my youngest two and put them in their pjs before we go (with a jumper on if it is a bit chilly). That way when the fall asleep in the car on the way home i can stick them stright in bed.

I dont take them out barefoot thought - just put on a pair of socks and thier shoes (although they are both running around the garden as we speak in bare feet)
Mind you they are 2 and 4 - wont be doing this in a couple of years time!

Tiggs

Perthforme Aug 10th 2007 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by sj oldfield (Post 5172619)
Though maybe it was just me that thought this is odd!! The only time my kids had their PJ's on was when they were bathed and ready for bed!!! maybe I am just oldfashioned!!! LOL

No your just old:thumbsup: