Kids activities

Old Sep 5th 2014, 8:39 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids activities

What sort of things do your younger kids get up to?

Ours have a pretty full on afterschool routine. Both play basketball for school, sothat's one game each and one practice session each every week. S plays football (soccer) for both school and club, so that's 3 practice sessions and 2 matches (during the season). He also plays cricket for school during the cricket season.

They both have swimming lessons, but I think the one thing they both do that they love and provides fantastic opportunities, is the Scouts. Both are now in Cubs, S has been made a Second, and in Jan 2016 he will be going to the Jamboree in NSW. It looks awesome!

For anyone looking for something for their kids to do, I highly recommend them. Research the different groups in your area, and speak to other parents to find out their recommendations. it's a great way of meeting other people too.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:45 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids activities

Originally Posted by rasen78
What sort of things do your younger kids get up to?

Ours have a pretty full on afterschool routine. Both play basketball for school, sothat's one game each and one practice session each every week. S plays football (soccer) for both school and club, so that's 3 practice sessions and 2 matches (during the season). He also plays cricket for school during the cricket season.

They both have swimming lessons, but I think the one thing they both do that they love and provides fantastic opportunities, is the Scouts. Both are now in Cubs, S has been made a Second, and in Jan 2016 he will be going to the Jamboree in NSW. It looks awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMKe-QwNNw

For anyone looking for something for their kids to do, I highly recommend them. Research the different groups in your area, and speak to other parents to find out their recommendations. it's a great way of meeting other people too.
Is there an age limit to joining the scouts?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 10:05 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Is there an age limit to joining the scouts?
Not for leaders
Old Sep 5th 2014, 10:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Not for leaders

did dib dib
Old Sep 5th 2014, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

My son is in the Joeys and loves it, will be joining the cubs next year, hopefully in the UK
Old Sep 5th 2014, 2:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

My youngest (12) does singing/acting lessons 2 nights a week. She also does netball but was ruled out this season as she broke her wrist. Used to swim and scouts but fell out of love with both so I am not pushing them. She wants to learn to play guitar but I can't afford it at the moment so that will have to wait.