Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Kid freindly pubs in the UK

Wikiposts

Kid freindly pubs in the UK

Old Jun 5th 2006, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kid freindly pubs in the UK

Originally Posted by steve`o
dont get me wrong wends i dont hate kids
i just think pubs are wholly inappropriate places for chidlers

smoking, swearing, alcohol
need i say more
( thats just the kids )

anyway this has gone from promoting which pubs you should take your little dears to the complete opposite

so i`ll shut up

night
Night Steve.

Good night
Old Jun 5th 2006, 9:05 am
Trainee Domestic Goddess

baglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond reputebaglady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I hate that. My kids know that they are not allowed to behave like that when we are out. They sit still and play or they go home, simple as.

Don't get me wrong I don't make them sit in the corner quietly, but there is no running about and if they look like they are annoying anyone then I will tell them to behave. Two chances, if they still carry on then we go home and they go to bed.
I agree Wendy. We would only ever take children into a pub if it's a family place and we are eating a meal. The moment they look as if they are getting over excited, we are out of there! I wouldn't dream of taking my children into a pub so that I could get bladdered!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baglady
I agree Wendy. We would only ever take children into a pub if it's a family place and we are eating a meal. The moment they look as if they are getting over excited, we are out of there! I wouldn't dream of taking my children into a pub so that I could get bladdered!

Well like I say, if the kids come out with us it's usually to Grandma's pub and it's usually in the afternoon when she is quiet (country pub). We mainly go to see her as she is too busy to come visit us much and we have our tea there. We are out of there by 7 - 8 pm though, she usually starts getting busy around 9pm.

Anyway back to the original post, Brewsters is OK but I prefer the Whacky Warehouse places.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 9:44 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I'm involved in a Discussion on the Palace BBS, re kids in pubs etc, over that incident in leicester where the toddler was banned from the pub for having a england top on.

On my last visit to the uk, I found it very difficult to find a pub where kids were really welcomed, and I found none with the types of playground areas that we have commonly in lots of pubs around Aussie.

My question is are there pubs with big kids playgrounds in the UK ?

Try coming to Scotland , its even more difficult
Old Jun 5th 2006, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

tartancarly will become famous soon enoughtartancarly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steve`o
dont get me wrong wends i dont hate kids
i just think pubs are wholly inappropriate places for chidlers

smoking, swearing, alcohol
need i say more
( thats just the kids ):

So what you're saying is that pubs are inappropriate places for kids, not because of their behaviour but that of the adults??? Ban the adults!

Smoking is banned where I am, swearing in public is illegal and adults that are drinking heavily through the day should get a job! I don't see a problem with kids in bars, I do however see a problem with kids that misbehave but I don't like the fact that all kids get discriminated because of a handful of adults with poor parenting skills.

Last edited by tartancarly; Jun 5th 2006 at 10:04 am.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:10 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tartancarly
So what you're saying is that pubs are inappropriate places for kids, not because of their behaviour but that of the adults??? Ban the adults!

Smoking is banned where I am, swearing in public is illegal and adults that are drinking heavily through the day should get a job! I don't see a problem with kids in bars, I do however see a problem with kids that misbehave but I don't like the fact that all kids get discriminated because of a handful of adults with poor parenting skills.

Sorry, but how do you know the kids are misbehaving, or if there is a genuine reason for their behaviour, i have a perfect, beautiful looking 7 year old, but unfortunately she has ADHD, and if we go into a different or excitable situation her ADHD becomes more apparent, and we get the bloody looks from around, and one day, I swear I will lose it and slap them on the dish

I once posted a thread on here about it, wish i was more handy with the old puter (it was called Some People), basically we went to a kids show , which she loved, but talked , sung and shouted all the way through, and an adult sitting next to me, complained quite strongly to me about it, and i swear that's the bloody last time i will let any adult away with it, i will take MUCH stronger action the next time (passive action , i might add)

Last edited by Margaret2; Jun 5th 2006 at 10:18 am.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

tartancarly will become famous soon enoughtartancarly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Sorry, but how do you know the kids are misbehaving, or if there is a genuine reason for their behaviour, i have a perfect, beautiful looking 7 year old, but unfortunately she has ADHD, and if we go into a different or excitable situation her ADHD becomes more apparent, and we get the bloody looks from around, and one day, I swear I will lose it and slap them on the dish
I never commented on children with a recognised disability of any kind.

My husband works with children who have specific learning difficulties.

It is the parents who ignore the lack of behaviour of children that are the problem.

Children of all types will push boundaries, and anyone can tell if a parent has concern or could not care.

Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Margaret2

I once posted a thread on here about it, wish i was more handy with the old puter (it was called Some People), basically we went to a kids show , which she loved, but talked , sung and shouted all the way through, and an adult sitting next to me, complained quite strongly to me about it, and i swear that's the bloody last time i will let any adult away with it, i will take MUCH stronger action the next time (passive action , i might add)

I also remember your thread and I also remember what you called the woman.

You could have the most well behaved child and still you will get looks. Unfornately, some people just do not like children and often forget that they were children once!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:55 pm
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame that pubs in the UK are so anti-kids. I mean, for the likes of my angelic little cherub

But, as someone said already, when you see the behaviour of indisciplined little brats you can understand why.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 5:18 pm
Red Devil

angec has a spectacular aura aboutangec has a spectacular aura aboutangec has a spectacular aura about

Well, I want to know where all these big kid friendly pubs are over here, I live in perth there's some you'd perhaps take them to if you were eating but it's not many. My little man is only 3 and not well behaved enough to go in that sort of place yet, people don't go to the pub to listen to my child playing up. But there is no such thing as an indoor or for that matter an outdoor entertainment area over here, beer garden with a swing, you'd be lucky!
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angec
Well, I want to know where all these big kid friendly pubs are over here, I live in perth there's some you'd perhaps take them to if you were eating but it's not many. My little man is only 3 and not well behaved enough to go in that sort of place yet, people don't go to the pub to listen to my child playing up. But there is no such thing as an indoor or for that matter an outdoor entertainment area over here, beer garden with a swing, you'd be lucky!

I'm very suprised to read your post. As I've been to Adelaide, Sydney, and the Gold Coast and all had similar situations to what we have here in Melbourne.

Within 8ks of me I have 3 very big pubs, one has 300 seats in it's restaurant, and the kids areas are huge, much much bigger than any Mcdonalds play area.
The Moreland Hotel, The Cross Keys hotel, and The First and Last,
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:44 pm
Red Devil

angec has a spectacular aura aboutangec has a spectacular aura aboutangec has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I'm very suprised to read your post. As I've been to Adelaide, Sydney, and the Gold Coast and all had similar situations to what we have here in Melbourne.

Within 8ks of me I have 3 very big pubs, one has 300 seats in it's restaurant, and the kids areas are huge, much much bigger than any Mcdonalds play area.
The Moreland Hotel, The Cross Keys hotel, and The First and Last,
I know, I was a little surprised too, maybe we've just not managed to find one yet, but we've done our share of sampling Perth's delights and definately nothing like that here. Please parents of perth, if there's one we've missed please advise. When you have 3 year old boy unfortunately pubs here are a no go zone with nowhere for them to play.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kid friendly pubs in the UK

Here's one that is great with children... serves fab food... and it used to be my local.

The Cock Inn in Leighton Buzzard.

01296 688214

The Cock Inn
High St,
Wing,
Leighton Buzzard.
Bedfordshire.
LU7 0NR.

I've never had a problem taking my children to any pubs in the Buckinghamshire/Beds area at all. Then again, they are beautifully behaved when we go out because they're used to eating out in pubs and they've been bought up with manners and consideration. When my son was about 18 months old and he couldn't sit down for more than 30 seconds, we stopped eating out for a while.

I was in Cornwall for a while a few months ago and we went to a number of pubs there too, and the children were welcomed.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:27 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Here's one that is great with children... serves fab food... and it used to be my local.

I've never had a problem taking my children to any pubs in the Buckinghamshire/Beds area at all. Then again, they are beautifully behaved when we go out because they're used to eating out in pubs and they've been bought up with manners and consideration. When my son was about 18 months old and he couldn't sit down for more than 30 seconds, we stopped eating out for a while.

I was in Cornwall for a while a few months ago and we went to a number of pubs there too, and the children were welcomed.

I find that if the pub has a garden they usually make some effort for kids we have a lovely thatched pub near us with a large fish pond big cages of birds and a small playpark, swings slide and ropes this is in Kent. winter however is not so great but there are some with indoor play areas
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asher
I find that if the pub has a garden they usually make some effort for kids we have a lovely thatched pub near us with a large fish pond big cages of birds and a small playpark, swings slide and ropes this is in Kent. winter however is not so great but there are some with indoor play areas

None of the pubs I took my kids in had play areas indoor or not. They all served food though so it was a given they wanted to attract families.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.