Wikiposts

Keyboard shortcuts?

Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keyboard shortcuts?

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Ah! That explains it! Yes, I was using the numbers at the top. Works fine with the keypad

Wendy, I found it's Alt 0163 to get the £.

Gina

£ YIPEE!!!

Cheers
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
£ YIPEE!!!

Cheers
Is it in Word? If so there's already icons you can add to your toolbar with them.

View > Toolbars > Customise
Select the Commands Tab - then Format.
Scroll down until you find the icon you want and drag it into the toolbar.
You can do this in any of the 'Office' suite.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:06 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

I used the search function and found the characer map then right clicked create shortcut on the desktop now I have it to use in all programs
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:38 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
Just a quick question;
How do you show a small 2 at the top right of the M to read metres squared? m2 or M2 just doesn't look right.
Oh and while I think on, how do you do the same for degrees C?
Cheers
Do you not have anything better to do in life... .
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:09 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Ah! That explains it! Yes, I was using the numbers at the top. Works fine with the keypad

Wendy, I found it's Alt 0163 to get the £.

Gina
I admit to finding this one uuseful.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:13 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Do you not have anything better to do in life... .
I was asked to quote to tile a large retail centre floor area & thought the M2 looked naff the M² looked much more professional.
The ºC had bugged me for a while when comparing temps etc in emails and posts.
Now when I write to the folks back home I can say it's a cool 38ºC here today
See you tomorrow

PS you may find spell checker uuseful as well
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

GracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really nice

An alternative method to save you looking up different characters...

You can make things superscript and subscript by typing it normally, then highlighting the bit you want to change and using Ctrl, Shift, and = at the same time. Ctrl and = at the same time will make it subscript. If you press it more than once it will toggle between that and normal.