British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Keg Party (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/keg-party-907533/)

Stuck in Auckland Jan 5th 2018 3:10 am

Keg Party

How much would you expect to pay for a keg trailer to be delivered, setup and taken away for those larger social gatherings?

assuming 60 people x 6 litres?

ozzieeagle Jan 5th 2018 4:14 am

Re: Keg Party

Last time I went to one of those was about 15 years ago, and it was over 250 bucks then.

So I'm guessing around 600 bucks now ?

6 litrres each..... blimey ! That's a fair amount even at my peak really. I probably could have done 10 Litres way back when, but not many people drink more than 4 litres in a session these days.

astera Jan 5th 2018 4:23 pm

All guy party aka sausage fest? :)

I think that 6-litre average would be too much even for the frat parties I used to frequent.

spouse of scouse Jan 5th 2018 6:33 pm

This 65kg, over 50 female has no trouble downing 12 pints in pub walks (I don't do pub 'crawls')

Mind you, I recognise that being an Aussie gives me a decided advantage :thumbup:

Pollyana Jan 5th 2018 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12411924)
This 65kg, over 50 female has no trouble downing 12 pints in pub walks (I don't do pub 'crawls')

Mind you, I recognise that being an Aussie gives me a decided advantage :thumbup:

Rubbish! I'm British to the core and could match that pint for pint :lol::thumbup:

(guess these blokes are just lightweights :sneaky: )

spouse of scouse Jan 5th 2018 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12411925)
Rubbish! I'm British to the core and could match that pint for pint :lol::thumbup:

(guess these blokes are just lightweights :sneaky: )

We have to go out for a drink sometime, somewhere Polly :thumbsup:

Pollyana Jan 5th 2018 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12411938)
We have to go out for a drink sometime, somewhere Polly :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :beer: :beer: :thumbsup:

Stuck in Auckland Jan 5th 2018 7:16 pm

Numbers have now increased :( Its supposed to be a surprise 50th but I have heard them talking about needing 30 to 40 kegs

My 40th was based on

spouse of scouse Jan 5th 2018 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland (Post 12411972)
Numbers have now increased :( Its supposed to be a surprise 50th but I have heard them talking about needing 30 to 40 kegs

Make it BYO, including eskies.

mikelincs Jan 5th 2018 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland (Post 12411972)

My 40th was based on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KDSxqJ_0o

Anyone could drink 20 pints of that crap in the photograph. :lol:

Amazulu Jan 5th 2018 11:00 pm

Did I stumble into the lightweight drinkers thread?

6l - 12 pints in a sesh? Is that all?

Damn, I forgot that we're dealing with Aussies and Poms here - the powderpuffs of world drinking

spouse of scouse Jan 5th 2018 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12412103)
Did I stumble into the lightweight drinkers thread?

6l - 12 pints in a sesh? Is that all?

Damn, I forgot that we're dealing with Aussies and Poms here - the powderpuffs of world drinking

:lol: Shirley, you jest!

Pollyana Jan 6th 2018 4:42 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12412025)

Exactly. Thats not even beer, that's just watered down pish :ohmy:

ozzieeagle Jan 6th 2018 5:30 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 12412025)

I dunno, all those base UK beers like Boddingtons and Tetleys are weaker beers at 4.6 and a lousy 3.6 for the Tetleys. Seems the Yanks have pandered to the UK's taste buds and taken out .2 pct down from 5pct in the US compared to 4.8 pct in the UK..... I'm talking about standard Bud here.

They even take .8 pct out of Fosters so the people in the UK can handle it.... God knows why anyone would want to drink it, it's impossible to find in Australia these days as the pallets (In Melbourne at least) have become more sophisticated and switched to the smaller brewers.

The Standard beers in the UK are pretty weak fare from my recollection.

I usually avoid the standard and hit the IPA's, Having a go at some of South Australias finest at present. Pirate Life IPA

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/media/...9855264323.png

Anyone that knocks US beer hasn't been buying the right stuff...... Anything from Sierra Nevada brewing is the starting point potentially for a fantastic adventure of real decent modern beers.

Pollyana Jan 6th 2018 9:38 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 12412208)
I dunno, all those base UK beers like Boddingtons and Tetleys are weaker beers at 4.6 and a lousy 3.6 for the Tetleys. Seems the Yanks have pandered to the UK's taste buds and taken out .2 pct down from 5pct in the US compared to 4.8 pct in the UK..... I'm talking about standard Bud here.

They even take .8 pct out of Fosters so the people in the UK can handle it.... God knows why anyone would want to drink it, it's impossible to find in Australia these days as the pallets (In Melbourne at least) have become more sophisticated and switched to the smaller brewers.

The Standard beers in the UK are pretty weak fare from my recollection.

I usually avoid the standard and hit the IPA's, Having a go at some of South Australias finest at present. Pirate Life IPA

Anyone that knocks US beer hasn't been buying the right stuff...... Anything from Sierra Nevada brewing is the starting point potentially for a fantastic adventure of real decent modern beers.

Sorry, but Budweiser is kak, tastes of nothing, and (IMHO) belongs in the same bin as XXXX, VB and the like.
Give me a pint of something with some taste to it - proper Stella, Grolsch, lagers of that ilk. Or a decent beer like Hobgoblin, Speckled Hen, et al - something with real flavour.