British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Karma on BE, how does it work? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/karma-how-does-work-674715/)

JoeBlogsOfOz Jul 1st 2010 12:22 am

Karma on BE, how does it work?

I have just got a karma from someone on this forum and now I have 432 points.... No idea how it works? Seems to be something like a stockexchange game thingy..... comments please ?

comet555 Jul 1st 2010 12:50 am

Re: Karma on BE, how does it work?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...post#faq_karma

Yes, you can use your points on the stock exchange (on BE). You can also see someone's karma by looking at the blue boxes under their name. I give karma for posts I really like whether they be funny, thoughtful or just really interesting.

SDDep Jul 1st 2010 12:58 am

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz (Post 8669011)
I have just got a karma from someone on this forum and now I have 432 points.... No idea how it works? Seems to be something like a stockexchange game thingy..... comments please ?

You can win a toaster...if you get enough points...trade them for yer free toaster...hahaha...joking:)

Sally Simpson Jul 1st 2010 1:48 am

Have never played the stock exchange, i'd probably lose it all!:huh:
Like Comet, I give karma for good posts, ones that have made me laugh or if someone has been really helpful etc.
I give far more than I receive :cry_smile:

eddie007 Jul 1st 2010 2:19 am

Originally Posted by SDDep (Post 8669079)
You can win a toaster...if you get enough points...trade them for yer free toaster...hahaha...joking:)

i'm saving my karma points for an iron... then I'll have summit heavy to throw at HIM when he fails to notice I had my hair cut next time...

emelems Jul 1st 2010 4:57 am

Karma is where you can send secret messages to someone and there is no record on your account, only on there! haha! :lol:

Actually, I try and send karma as much as poss... but I often forget... I think Christmas eve or maybe the day I had a few too many drinks and decided to karma everyone I could find with Christmas salutations... :rofl: I was online for about 3 hours! (or so it seemed!)

Em x

Broad Shoulders Jul 1st 2010 5:15 am

Originally Posted by emelems (Post 8669422)
Karma is where you can send secret messages to someone and there is no record on your account, only on there! haha! :lol:

Actually, I try and send karma as much as poss... but I often forget... I think Christmas eve or maybe the day I had a few too many drinks and decided to karma everyone I could find with Christmas salutations... :rofl: I was online for about 3 hours! (or so it seemed!)

Em x

So that's how you and K did it! That's called Karma Sutra, isn't it?

emelems Jul 1st 2010 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders (Post 8669444)
So that's how you and K did it! That's called Karma Sutra, isn't it?

:rolleyes: :lol: very clever! lol

Em x

DeadVim Jul 1st 2010 7:13 am

Originally Posted by emelems (Post 8669422)

Em x

Or you could communicate via non-English signatures ... I know what that means you dirty minx!

(edit) I'd forgotten all that stock market jazz ... I've just blown all my karma on BP shares :D

emelems Jul 1st 2010 7:16 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 8669645)
Or you could communicate via non-English signatures ... I know what that means you dirty minx!

:o :lol:

bcworld Jul 1st 2010 7:17 am

(edit) I'd forgotten all that stock market jazz ... I've just blown all my karma on BP shares :D

I did that last week - I thought they were a bargain! :(

DeadVim Jul 1st 2010 7:20 am

Originally Posted by emelems (Post 8669657)
:o :lol:

léchez ma chienne de tuyère :D

That auto-translates back as "lick my bitch of conduit" ... which wasn't the original idea :D

oxford_lad Jul 1st 2010 7:52 am

Okay how does this stock marker thing work??

have tried to buy shares but can't

DeadVim Jul 1st 2010 9:41 am

Originally Posted by oxford_lad (Post 8669725)
Okay how does this stock marker thing work??

have tried to buy shares but can't

Take your number of karma points and divide them by the current stock price (you can get a quote on the page). Take off a bit for 'transaction fee' (the bank always wins) and there you go.

oxford_lad Jul 1st 2010 9:48 am

thanks for that....I've not spent all my points lol I have 9 shares :rofl: