Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Kangaroo - Import/ Export

Kangaroo - Import/ Export

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:51 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kangaroo - Import/ Export

Hello All,

I'm thinking of returning to the UK and I wonder if anyone can tell me if they (both Aus and Brit officials) will let me take my pet kangaroo with me?

Details are always important so: His name is Leroy. He is a 7ft tall Eastern Grey and hasn't been desexed, although he is microchipped.

He hasn't killed anyone yet but he does give you a certain look from time to time.

He would probably fit in a crate suitable for an Irish Wolfhound.

Anyone any experience with this sort of thing? ALL answers will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

AB.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:05 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kangaroo - Import/ Export

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Hello All,

I'm thinking of returning to the UK and I wonder if anyone can tell me if they (both Aus and Brit officials) will let me take my pet kangaroo with me?

Details are always important so: His name is Leroy. He is a 7ft tall Eastern Grey and hasn't been desexed, although he is microchipped.

He hasn't killed anyone yet but he does give you a certain look from time to time.

Anyone any experience with this sort of thing? ALL answers will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

AB.
Indeed you can have a pet Kangaroo. However you will need a licence for the UK http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2592465.ece

I'm sure Leroy will love the UK Kangaroo parks all that green grass to nibble yum yum
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
Indeed you can have a pet Kangaroo. However you will need a licence for the UK http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2592465.ece

I'm sure Leroy will love the UK Kangaroo parks all that green grass to nibble yum yum
Make sure you find accommodation that allows him to live with you. Many English homes are rather small for such a large pet.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:41 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. Unfortunately, the link you provided doesn't work for me.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:42 pm
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Make sure you find accommodation that allows him to live with you. Many English homes are rather small for such a large pet.
I'll bear that in mind, thank you Polly. Do you think a mid terrace back yard would do? And what about a vet? Do you know of any that could help me with Leroy in the UK?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:52 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'll bear that in mind, thank you Polly. Do you think a mid terrace back yard would do? And what about a vet? Do you know of any that could help me with Leroy in the UK?
We used to have a good one for our cat in Brighton, he had quite a big surgery so he might be able to cope. I lived in a Victorian mid-terrace, the yard was certainly big enough but you might need a higher fence.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:59 pm
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We used to have a good one for our cat in Brighton, he had quite a big surgery so he might be able to cope. I lived in a Victorian mid-terrace, the yard was certainly big enough but you might need a higher fence.
Thanks again Pol, you are a star. I wonder which estate agent to use that will have high back fences on the list.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 2:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

AB.
A visit to a taxidermist would solve all your problems.
You would get some good eating too.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:33 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A visit to a taxidermist would solve all your problems.
You would get some good eating too.
Bit unfair though, Leroy might be looking forward to the move
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

In a serious note, a word of caution your Kangaroo lovely as he seems may not fair well outside of Aus. Please see http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/62949-t...caped-kanagroo

I think he must have mentioned the war and distressed himself.

Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

AB.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:52 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

What about the cold English winters, how will it cope?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You should start to think about your pet passport NOW! Otherwise it is six months quarantine and I have heard the kangaroo enclosures get booked out well in advance.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:59 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mohogony
What about the cold English winters, how will it cope?
Heard of central heating? He'll just stay indoors and be warm as toast
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:47 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. Unfortunately, the link you provided doesn't work for me.
Tuff luck
I thought you would be living in one of those 60's style tower block buildings Leroy would do well bouncing up all those stairs with the Indian takeaway
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 11:16 pm
Home and Happy

Tuff luck
I thought you would be living in one of those 60's style tower block buildings Leroy would do well bouncing up all those stairs with the Indian takeaway
Plenty of exercise!!!

The article is too good to waste, try this version Mr Boyle ......
Attached Files
File Type: doc
For Leroy.doc (32.0 KB, 364 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.