Reload this Page >

Just told my eldest...

Wikiposts

Just told my eldest...

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:58 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just told my eldest...

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Phew, dont you just love them, where about are taking them for their camping, good luck with lawyer hun. xx
They're off into NSW somewhere ... They'll have a ball.

Lawyer is very nice. My lady referred me to him and he's even given me his home number in case of emergency.
Expensive but worth it. Very reassuring.

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh. Just caught up with all this. Thinking of you. xxx
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:31 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Well TP,what a good mum you arejust read through,wish you good luck for the future.You handled the situation fantasticaly.Your children have reacted in a way that you must be so proud of them.It shows how they have been brought up.You can step forward now and start rebuilding your life.Its terrific you have a good school that will unstand and be supportive,and that you both are going to work together to make sure the kids are fine.
When you have a wobbly time you willbe ableto pull together, with love and understanding.

Lots ofand hugs,but I think you should charge the headlice rent,pesky little b*****s.What timing.Not subtle are they.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:35 pm

No, especially when they drop out of your eldest's hair onto the breakfast table.....
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

You are facing the situation with great courage and good sense, what a tough one, my heart goes out to you.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You are facing the situation with great courage and good sense, what a tough one, my heart goes out to you.
Thanks Sally.

Feeling so much better now I'm over this huge hurdle.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:55 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear the kids took it so well. Kids can be a lot more 'grown up' than us grown ups at times
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Great to hear the kids took it so well. Kids can be a lot more 'grown up' than us grown ups at times
For sure.

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:06 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

(((HUGS))) for you hun.....your daughter sounds great and will be ok......

Went through something similar few years back with a 9 and 7 year old....if I can be of any help pm me.....

take care

Ems x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by smiling4
(((HUGS))) for you hun.....your daughter sounds great and will be ok......

Went through something similar few years back with a 9 and 7 year old....if I can be of any help pm me.....

take care

Ems x
Thanks Ems. I think for now, we're done ... the 'telling' was the worst. I can deal with the rest. They're the most important people in my life so I had to get it right for them. Hopefully nothing's going to be as bad as today.
(she says optimistically)

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:33 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
And just to prove that whilst you're dealing with the shitty stuff, along comes something else...

Headlice!

Gotta find the humour ...
I've just treated my two and realised I have them myself

It must be awful to have to tell your kids you are splitting but as long as they know you both love them they'll be ok.

(((((HUGS)))))) for you x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

that we were splitting. She's 11 and kind of already suspected.

Hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. Nothing compares.

She said 'That must have taken a lot of courage to tell me that, mum'...

She was upset of course, sad... but ok. Reassured her that we'll just be doing things a little differently but that we both still love them and that nothing will ever change that.

One down, two to go.

Your daughter sounds such a wonderful person, just like you

You're an inspiration to us , all the best to you .x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

No, especially when they drop out of your eldest's hair onto the breakfast table.....
EEEK!

I bet they are more worried about the lice than the split!

Congratualtions - if that is the right word - on breaking the news. It is done now and everyone is in the picture. You can start making plans and including the kids in the process. I should imagine that being excluded from what was going on was worse for them than the split itself. (Not saying they should have been involved in the split - just that they would feel powerless to help.)

Sending you good wishes and a big hug. (((())))
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Away
EEEK!

I bet they are more worried about the lice than the split!

Congratualtions - if that is the right word - on breaking the news. It is done now and everyone is in the picture. You can start making plans and including the kids in the process. I should imagine that being excluded from what was going on was worse for them than the split itself. (Not saying they should have been involved in the split - just that they would feel powerless to help.)

Sending you good wishes and a big hug. (((())))
We checked out the head lice under a microscope thing that has 200x lens. Man, that was fun.

Yeah, it's good we're all up to date now. It's a good place to be.

It's taken long enough to get here, but I can only focus on our great future for now, and hope that the lawyer isn't too expensive and that we can do this by arbitration nicely.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We checked out the head lice under a microscope thing that has 200x lens. Man, that was fun.

EEEEEK!! I hate the things. I am a veteran of DD's school's great lice outbreak of 2005. After trying everything on the market, the only thing which works is the product which suffocates the b*ggers! It doesn't have any nasty chemicals in it either. Then you have to comb and comb for days until you are 100% sure there isn't one egg left.

Yeah, it's good we're all up to date now. It's a good place to be.

It's taken long enough to get here, but I can only focus on our great future for now, and hope that the lawyer isn't too expensive and that we can do this by arbitration nicely.
Good luck with the divorce process. I read your other thread and feel for you. Stay strong and keep trying to take the amicable route. Having said that, if your OH won't co-operate, your lawyer will be worth every penny.

xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.