Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just out of interest???

Wikiposts

Just out of interest???

Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just out of interest???

Free range chicken and free range eggs are a bit of a scam.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We about to do the solar hot water and a heat pump too..
We have a compost bin, rcycle everything we can, have a coupls of fruit trees and intend on a couple more and am planning a small herb and veggie patch.
We turn everything off stand by and living on rainwater for 5 years has taught us to be very very water concious and I don't think that will change now that we are on town water.

The next project is to get the water tank hooked up to the toilets and possibly the washing machine.

I agree that the WORLD needs to do more, but hate the "its not worth it" attitude. There are simple things that we can all do to stop just wasting stuff, its not that hard really
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

SurferBoy will become famous soon enoughSurferBoy will become famous soon enough

I read somewhere that all the recyling goes in the same hole as all the other rubbish anyway - since it became worthless and the chinese didnt want to buy it anymore.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:02 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SurferBoy
I read somewhere that all the recyling goes in the same hole as all the other rubbish anyway - since it became worthless and the chinese didnt want to buy it anymore.
Not where we live, theres a huge recycling plant and it gets sorted and sold. The only thing they don't like is polystyrene. (Fair wages too at $22 plus an hour)
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:06 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Not where we live, theres a huge recycling plant and it gets sorted and sold. The only thing they don't like is polystyrene. (Fair wages too at $22 plus an hour)
Same as the uk - no polystyrene!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
Not really, until the US/ Russia/China,India, Japan etc make BIG changes it's a waste of time.[/QUOTE]I don't agree with this because I think in time these countries will follow our example.OH and I have agreed that after this Oz trip next month (going to validate his spousal visa and see my Mum who is ill)we are going to make a conscious effort to holiday in the UK because yes I do feel guilty of jetting off for holidays.We walk alot so intend to walk our next holiday and see more of this beautiful country.Hevs:Sounds like you have a similar lifetstyle to us and good on you!