Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is it just me or have you and you family ....

Wikiposts

Is it just me or have you and you family ....

Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is it just me or have you and you family ....

Originally Posted by thebardies
Yes thats a fair point i was pregnant at the time and the low immune system just let that one slip out!!

yes the dr yesterday told me to wear a mask while changing my sons (shes a girl and was dressed in pink. always makes me laugh) nappy. She also prescribed antibiotics even though its a virus and cant be treated!!
Not sure why the doctor would prescribe antibiotics for a virus. It won't do anything. I wouldn't take it/give it if its a virus....antibiotics are useless.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we have been here 9 years and the first 7 were the healthiest we have ever been (apart from psorarisis from stress).
Years 8 and 9 have been singularly unhealthy- seemed to coincide with our daughter going to daycare. Her first year , she caught something every 2 weeks, so I caught it a day or two later.....seems to be getting better now though.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies
Is it just me or have you and your family had more illness since moving to Oz?

I love living here but since moving here with my family three years ago we have had more sickness between us than i had in my whole life in the UK!! Between us we have had...Shingles, 3 cases of flu, 25 (well it feels like it) colds, food poisoning (not a contagious illness as such), one case of croup, conjunctivitis, and the current one that my daughter and i have is hand,foot and mouth disease!!!

I am normally such a healthy person. maybe it is not the fact that Australia has more illnesses and more to do with the fact that i have children in daycare. Every time i drop them off there is a new sign on the door for something and i just think "uh oh. here we go again"

What are your experiences?
I'm not going to answer that one.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by framac67
I'm not going to answer that one.
You've got top trump there I'd bet!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paularn
Not sure why the doctor would prescribe antibiotics for a virus. It won't do anything. I wouldn't take it/give it if its a virus....antibiotics are useless.
Nah, i hate antibiotics. They seem to prescribe them for everything here!! My best friends little boy seems to permanently be on them for no good reason so by the time he does actually need them they wont work!!

Rosie is 3 and as yet has never had antibiotics. I threw the prescriptions out!!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 3:56 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Please sit down and be quiet,the dr will see you all shortly
Old Sep 14th 2009, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Please sit down and be quiet,the dr will see you all shortly
He certainly sees you shortly.....
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:02 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
He certainly sees you shortly.....
Of course he does,he's short sighted
Old Sep 14th 2009, 5:05 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Moving to Aus is stressful & your resistance is probably low mate.

Resistance is Futile.