Is it just me?

Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:17 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it just me?

iPom your sister is taking the ******g liberty!!! I hope Mr iPom isn't in agreement with this arrangement is he?

Jackie x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:31 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
I guess Mr iPom might be absolutely shagged out from the trip, in which case I think she should hire the sitter anyway, just so he doesn't have to be responsible in his completely shagged out state...
I guess also I might call my parents and suggest they surprise him on that night with a nice Indian takeaway.

That will really, really piss my sister off royally.... (The thought of my mum there whilst she isn't will send her control-o-meter crazy)
lmao sounds like a plan
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Ipom

Did you ever see the episode of Friends where Rachel babysits for Ross' kid and teaches him lots of bad habits and naughty tricks?

Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

I always thought I was adopted but then I found my birth certificate. Can't tell you how devastating that was.
Sorry iPom, that really tickled me

If I was Mr iPom, I would probably just go to keep the peace. I'm not saying that's what he should do, just what I would do....
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:05 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Argument or not i would probably phone and say that although Hubby would love to babysit he isn't really too pleased about using his time back in the uk to do it.

Then see what she says, if she is adamant that she can't see the problem then i think i would tell her to bugger off.

Not recomending it, just what i would do.

Flippin cheek :curse:
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:09 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope your husband refuses to babysit, no matter what your sister says.

Its not fair at all and quite rude to do such a thing.

I think the suggestion of a nice takeaway is a great idea.

And if as you say, he gets dreadful jetlag and the kids had even the most minor of accidents, she wont hesitate to blame him.

Bloody cheek of it
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:10 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO the best way to deal with this is to tell her that OH will be too tired to babysit and that if the do cant be cancelled he will go stay with other members of the family and see her another time.

That way she cant take offence and it may make her realise how uncaring she is being but don't hold your breath!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
iPom your sister is taking the ******g liberty!!! I hope Mr iPom isn't in agreement with this arrangement is he?

Jackie x
Jackie, he'll be actually up your way.... perhaps he needs an invite out for a beer or two....

To be honest, Mr iPom is a very pragmatic and reasonable guy. He sees that it's practical and so he's agreed to do it. He's probably a little hurt but he casts these things off so easily, a trait which I wish I could adopt too... But I can be angry about this because it's my sister who's behaving this way.
I think at first he believed he was being invited out for the night, so he said he'd be fine when she asked if he'd be too tired.... like you do when someone's asking you on a night out...
But then he realised she was actually asking him to babysit and so he couldn't then say he'd be exhausted.

I've just rung my dad to see if they're around on the Saturday evening and told him (without any prejudice) what the plan was and he's 'rather taken aback' to use his words.
I asked if it was possible for them to join him on the Saturday night so he didn't feel like the hired help.
Although I didn't shite stir, my dad saw the situation pretty clearly so hopefully he'll arrange something with my mother...
Saying that, he said they might be busy but he's not sure.
Seems no-one from my family wants to drop what they're doing for my hub, which is precisely why I live here with his family.

I don't know why it surprises me every time ... I nearly died and they didn't come, so why on earth they feel my OH's presence in the UK will be any more attractive, I don't know.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:39 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie, he'll be actually up your way.... perhaps he needs an invite out for a beer or two....

To be honest, Mr iPom is a very pragmatic and reasonable guy. He sees that it's practical and so he's agreed to do it. He's probably a little hurt but he casts these things off so easily, a trait which I wish I could adopt too... But I can be angry about this because it's my sister who's behaving this way.
I think at first he believed he was being invited out for the night, so he said he'd be fine when she asked if he'd be too tired.... like you do when someone's asking you on a night out...
But then he realised she was actually asking him to babysit and so he couldn't then say he'd be exhausted.

I've just rung my dad to see if they're around on the Saturday evening and told him (without any prejudice) what the plan was and he's 'rather taken aback' to use his words.
I asked if it was possible for them to join him on the Saturday night so he didn't feel like the hired help.
Although I didn't shite stir, my dad saw the situation pretty clearly so hopefully he'll arrange something with my mother...
Saying that, he said they might be busy but he's not sure.
Seems no-one from my family wants to drop what they're doing for my hub, which is precisely why I live here with his family.

I don't know why it surprises me every time ... I nearly died and they didn't come, so why on earth they feel my OH's presence in the UK will be any more attractive, I don't know.
Well whatever the outcome, just take things as theya re now and make sure you remember in the future.

Hope hubby has an otherwise good stay in the UK.

Chin up chuck
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by louise4
Well whatever the outcome, just take things as theya re now and make sure you remember in the future.

Hope hubby has an otherwise good stay in the UK.

Chin up chuck
Ah, chins are up

I wish I wasn't surprised by how crap my family can be ... I should be used to it by now.

Mr iPom's work are paying for nice hotel, car hire and other costs so I should think it will be nice. He's also visiting friends who will be thrilled to see him and who won't ask him to babysit their offspring....
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:42 pm
forever hopeful

Ah, chins are up

I wish I wasn't surprised by how crap my family can be ... I should be used to it by now.

Funny how it works out, no matter how far away from them you are they still have the power to make you want to rip your own hair out
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Ipom

Did you ever see the episode of Friends where Rachel babysits for Ross' kid and teaches him lots of bad habits and naughty tricks?

Ye....esssssss....
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Sorry iPom, that really tickled me
Don't apologise. I laughed too, but more hysterically than you.

Originally Posted by medwaymark
If I was Mr iPom, I would probably just go to keep the peace. I'm not saying that's what he should do, just what I would do....
You and Mr iPom are probably rather similar in that respect.

Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

That is really cheeky of her to ask him to do that. If my family or friends were flying round the world to see my I'd drop everything to see them.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:22 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Well if its the 2nd June we are having a Lancashire meet, he could come to that and answer everybodys questions about oz!

Jackie x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.